Acne, aging, and sensitivity

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
CSIV
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Acne, aging, and sensitivity

Post by CSIV »

RRM, other than water retention and the few pimples, are you noticing any other negative effects (mood, energy, etc) from the extra protein?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, a bit less energetic (though still too much for my coworkers) and a bit less extremely upbeat. (though still very happy)
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

RRM wrote:Yes, a bit less energetic (though still too much for my coworkers) and a bit less extremely upbeat. (though still very happy)
Why are you experimenting with protein levels, RRM? I would guess that something didn't feel right. If everything is perfect with one's diet one has no need to experiment I would think. If it ain't broke don't fix it, no? But then my question to you would be why choose to experiment with protein levels in particular. Why not some other component of your diet. Certainly such decisions aren't made arbitrarily. Perhaps science is arbitrary at times too, though, as life is ultimately about experimentation, creation and discovery (besides family, friends and love).
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

djkvan wrote:Why are you experimenting with protein levels, RRM?
Out of curiosity.
I would guess that something didn't feel right.
Nope; thats not it. :D
If everything is perfect with one's diet one has no need to experiment I would think.
No need, indeed.
Its simply curiosity; this increased protein tolerance is an interesting phenomenon.
My skin's response to protein, salt and cooked foods has always been very predictable for the past decades.
Now that i suddenly can eat much more raw protein, its interesting to find out more about it.
Will it last?
Will the tolerance level stay the same?
Its interesting to know because other people may eventually experience the same.
There may also be an effect regarding salt and cooked foods,
though im reluctant to experiment with cooked foods (because its unhealthy, in my view).
why choose to experiment with protein levels in particular. Why not some other component of your diet.
Sure, i could also choose to experiment with salt.
Maybe i will, though im not looking forward to increasing my salt intake drastically.
panacea

Post by panacea »

It's a conspiracy he secretly has cancer and is trying to change his diet around ;)
Lol love ya djkvan
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Its funny, how assumptions work.
I simply assumed that quite suddenly my sebum production had decreased,
not even thinking of the possibility that its ongoing (which makes much more sense).
Im saying so, as experimenting with 190% and 180% of my former raw protein tolerance,
i got no new yellow heads whatsoever.
Sure, that may be my new limit, but it may also have increased in the meantime,
so im now back at experimenting with 250% (for me: 2.5 x 133 grams = 333 grams of fish/meat/yolks daily).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Oh, and as far as effects are concerned;
Decades ago, before this diet, my ear wax production made it necessary to clean my ears with Q-tips
on a almost daily basis.
On the low protein Wai diet, this production had decreased to such an extend that there was hardly any ear wax at all.
Even cleaning my ears just once a month, the Q-tips had virtually always remained clean while using them.
Now that my protein intake has increased drastically, so has my ear wax production, and im back at a daily cleaning regime.
Remarkable, isnt it?
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

Just a heads-up, RRM. Q-tips are designed to clean the perimeter or auricle of the ear. Cleaning the delicate tissues of the ear canal with Q-tips can cause damage which can lead to infection. Any otolaryngologist will tell you that nothing smaller than your elbow belongs in the ear canal.
panacea

Post by panacea »

last I heard, ear wax is a protective mechanism to push 'bad' stuff out? why would decreasing it to 0 be good?
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

If more ear wax = more bad stuff, and more bad stuff = not good, then more ear wax = not good.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I doubt its as simple as more ear wax being good or bad.
Ear was is part of 'the sebum family', and it is known that high protein intakes
(via testosterone) stimulate sebum production.
In as much as sebum is not bad, ear wax is not bad; it has a function,
and its increased production not at all has to be caused by an increased need for its function.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

New results ?

I was wondering what a high protein diet does to cravings to non-wai stuff.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Im back at 200%, as eventually, the 250% level did cause new white heads.
Though my current diet contains considerably more protein than previously,
its certainly not a high protein diet. (90 grams of protein / day)
Thats because normal diets comprise lots of foods that contain more protein than fruit
(such as bread, pasta, pizza, rice, beans, milk, cheese, cereals etc).
But to answer your question: i dont think something has changed for me.
greengrape

Post by greengrape »

Yeah, a lot has changed for me as I've gotten older. When I was younger, the smallest cube of cheese would make me break out on my chin. Now, I can have a little cheese in moderation and still be fine. Age has definitely let me loosen up my diet a little.
A healthy diet is skin insurance.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

As you get older more damage has originated and the body has to deal with more issues, yet it still only has the same amount of resources as before, so naturally there will be less of a response to the cheese. Forgive me for disagreeing with your attribution/observation, but increased tolerance is not necessarily a sign of getting better. It can just mean that your body is busy with other things and cannot respond as forcefully as in the past when it was trying to fix relatively little at once. If the body is fighting only one invader the response will certainly be stronger that when immune resources are being "stretched" by multiple irritants.