hi everyone i'm back (wd cystic acne)

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
irene
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

hi everyone i'm back (wd cystic acne)

Post by irene »

Hi everyone! Im back a little bit about me.. i was on wai diet couple of years ago- IT DID WONDERS!(i had also facials-extractions couple of times while on this diet).. and my face and body has never looked better..
my acne has never been severe but this time i would classify it as SEVERE!! cystic acne all over my face.. i looks horrible. i kept picking at it, marks are not going away.. i wanna cry when i look at myself in the mirror my derm prescribed me accutane and im taking it.. i dont know what would happen to me if i didnt take it.. the face is still messed up but its MUCH better, its been a rocky ride.. Im also taking yaz birth control.. (i have to because of this ipledge thing). i have terrible scars, undersground hard cysts.. i really wanna cry..
This is the deal, i want to start the diet tomorrow monday.. or should i wait till im done with accutane im so confused.. my doc says diet has nothing to do with acne but i know it does.. i took accutane because there was no other choice for a quick fix up.. i so frustrated and dont know what to do.. can anyone suggest something or have used accutane and this diet.... Thank you all...P.S i went off the diet because i find it SO hard to follow especially because i go out all the time..(well obviously not anymore)
irene

one more thing

Post by irene »

i also use mederma for my skin now .. i dont know what to do with the scarring im already considering laser treatment!!! please someone help... :(
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

At least welcome back :)

My suggestion would be to start the Acne Sample Diet as soon as possible. I'm not sure whether you should just stop taking the Accutane or gradually decrease it, but you can stop with the other stuff you're using. Since you're going to stop taking Accutane, you can also stop the birth control, better pledge to the ASD ;)

If you want to read about an experience with Accutane, read: viewtopic.php?t=176
irene

Post by irene »

thank you oscar, im starting today..
fictor

Re: hi everyone i'm back:(

Post by fictor »

irene wrote: this ipledge thing
What is ipledge?

Good luck irene! Keep us updated on your progress! :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Welcome back.
Ive been on accutane myself, as a teenager.
I didnt work for me, but for some it works.
For most accutane users its gets worse before it gets better,
and it can take months before it gets better.
Some need to take several courses (several years), some just one (several months).
Accutane is a very harsh treatment; not healthy for the skin and other organs.

Most people eventually grow out of acne, and thats partially why accutane works;
the longer you are on it, the closer you get to growing out of acne.
For some, accutane doesnt work at all, because it does not take away the cause (hormones, water retention, sebum production);
it just temporarily changes metabolisms.
And where the change is not temporarily, the damage is lasting...

Why didnt it work for me?
Because i didnt grow out of acne; im still very susceptible to acne,
so that im on this diet 'for life' (luckily).

So, what should you do?
You probably will grow out of acne eventually,
so you are looking for a temporary fix.
This diet is a perfect one, as it has no harmful side effects,
unlike accutane and other treatments.
You already know this diet works for you, and you dont know whether accutane will help for you.
So that made your choice easy, i guess.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

fictor wrote:What is ipledge?
Ipledge is a mandatory program in the US. When you take Accutane, you have to take birth control pills to ensure you're not (getting) pregnant. This because there is a high risk for birth defects.
irene

Post by irene »

Thank you fiction. RRM- thank you for the info. i would have never considered accutane but about 3 months ago my face turned into something crazyy... RRM- did accutane help you? im in my 3rd month still breaking out, im touch my face a lot. and cant stop.. peeling, dry lips skin, etc.
1.) i already stopped birth control
2.) what should i do about accutane?( i never had cystic acne thats mainly why i got on accutane- it was terrible, somewhat is right now).
3). Today is my second day on the diet, i feel better.
Im eating tomato, avacado, cucumber(chives and olive oil)
frutis that i bought for the this week(oranges, apples, pears, cantaloupe, grapefruit). mixing them with oil. Didnt drink eggs yet because dont know if i could on accutane. Thank you everyone..:)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

irene wrote:RRM- did accutane help you?
No, it just made my face look awful;
swollen, tense, dry, flaky, red, and with cysts.
what should i do about accutane?
Thats up to you.
For some it takes months before there is any improvement,
but then again, it may not improve at all,
or only after a few more 6-month treatments.
And if it improves your skin eventually, that may get reversed again.
Its certainly not healthy, at all.
And yes, you can take egg yolks; its also good for recovering from accutane.
fictor

Post by fictor »

Oscar wrote:
fictor wrote:What is ipledge?
Ipledge is a mandatory program in the US. When you take Accutane, you have to take birth control pills to ensure you're not (getting) pregnant. This because there is a high risk for birth defects.
Oh, I thought it was the latest gadget from Apple :P

Thanks for explaining :)
irene

Post by irene »

thank you guys!!! i really appreciate it.. day 2.. hopefully ill b fine by summer ...
irene

Post by irene »

also anyone knows how i can break the smoking habbit??? have been smoking for a while now and take quit..
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

(Un)fortunately the smoking habit is connected to the cooked food habit. The best way to get rid of it is to stop rigorously/go cold turkey. This does mean you'll probably have lots of withdrawal symptoms in the beginning, so you'll need your willpower. What helps is to make sure you have enough energy at all times and if the cravings get too much, make sure to eat something you really like (animal protein is usually a good choice).

Good luck!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Consuming fresh raw egg yolks daily also help a lot, as they make you feel happy and satisfied.
(takes away 'that edge')
irene

Post by irene »

Thank you very much guys!!!
Ugh.. followed the diet for 5 days today i had my favorite pasta with clams.. :( i do regret it kind of.. but it was sooo good.. need to work on my discipline..(and i also had some cereal with soy milk), kind of hard to stop eating munch food when u start already.. Very hard to go out with friends to eat in restaraunts and not eat(especially when u cant have ur salad)..
Does anyone know if i can use any natural remedies for acne while on the diet like egg whites with lemon juice on my face(mask). Thank you..Wish everyone luck..