Will this multivitamin(eral) cause acne?

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
fictor
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Will this multivitamin(eral) cause acne?

Post by fictor »

Next week I am going to the doctor to do a full blood panel, checking for all nutrients, hormones etc. I have been on the Wai diet fro 2 years, and feel good most of the time. The only negative effect from the diet has been acis damage on the teeth.

Although I feel fine, I am concerned about what to do if the doctor say I lack nutrients. I am not sure I have the guts to believe 100% in the Wai theory if the doctor tells me I am going to get say osteoporosis from low calcium, or something like that.

If, and only if, the doctor tells me I need to take a multivitamineral, will this cause acne? If I where to take this product: http://www.solaray.co.uk/product/prod_d ... id=6488391 , and of course empty the capsule in a glass of water or juice, not eating the gelatine capsule itself, would it cause acne?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If your diet is well balanced, he will not say you lack nutrients.
It takes the same amount of guts to believe in any kind of theory. Use your own judgment, because thinking logically, and looking at the facts and scientific research should be enough. So, believe in yourself, rather than in a theory.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Will this multivitamin(eral) cause acne?

Post by RRM »

fictor wrote:I am concerned about what to do if the doctor say I lack nutrients. I am not sure I have the guts to believe 100% in the Wai theory if the doctor tells me I am going to get say osteoporosis from low calcium, or something like that.
Im pretty sure that the blood test will show that you dont have low blood-calcium levels.
If you lack something else, say iron, then there is an easy way to increase that,
by consuming more of the foods high in iron, like raw egg yolk or raw beef.
If, and only if, the doctor tells me I need to take a multivitamineral
Only if you lack something,
the doctor can tell you that you need more of it.
Right?
So, if you lack something, say iron, then you easily fix that by adjusting your diet.
If I where to take this product: http://www.solaray.co.uk/product/prod_d ... id=6488391 , and of course empty the capsule in a glass of water or juice, not eating the gelatine capsule itself, would it cause acne?
It might cause acne.
You dont need multivitamins.
You need vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
If you lack something,
you address the intake of that nutrient specifically.
fictor

Post by fictor »

Oscar wrote:If your diet is well balanced, he will not say you lack nutrients.
Balanced is a pretty liquid expression :)
Oscar wrote: It takes the same amount of guts to believe in any kind of theory.
I would say it takes less guts to believe in what everyone else does, than to believe in something only a very few does :)
RRM wrote: If you lack something else, say iron, then there is an easy way to increase that,
by consuming more of the foods high in iron, like raw egg yolk or raw beef.
I dont think my skin will allow me to...
RRM wrote: Only if you lack something,
the doctor can tell you that you need more of it.
Right?
So, if you lack something, say iron, then you easily fix that by adjusting your diet.
True.
RRM wrote: It might cause acne.
Ok.

Thank you for the feedback guys! I am very exited to see what the tests will reveal! As I said, I feel healthy and fit most of the time, and when I dont it might as well be from my crappy sleep pattern, stress or some other factor.

I will update you on the results.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

fictor wrote:Balanced is a pretty liquid expression :)
;)
fictor wrote:I would say it takes less guts to believe in what everyone else does, than to believe in something only a very few does :)
It takes the same, only most people think like you because they believe that to be the case. Their belief is rooted in fear. This fear stems from our education/upbringing, because it's not generally taught to form your own opinion and that every opinion is accepted.

Just like all decisions are in essence simple ones. Only when you believe one choice is more 'right' than the other(s), you'll start factoring in possible consequences, and make the decision harder, until it might even become a (moral) dilemma.
fictor

Post by fictor »

I got a call from my doctor today, my test results where back.

I slightly low levels of B12 and Iron. Both are within the normal, but he still suggested a multivitamin and a checkup in one year.

The multivitamin is sort of a last otion for me, so I will try to eat more foods rich in B12 and Iron.

Any sugestions? Red meat is higher in these nutrients than fish and eggs, right?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If there are normal, then personally I wouldn't worry about it.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fictor wrote: I slightly low levels of B12 and Iron. Both are within the normal, but he still suggested a multivitamin and a checkup in one year.
A check up is always good.
A multivitamin for what?
Your levels are normal, and he suggests a multivitamin?
Any sugestions? Red meat is higher in these nutrients than fish and eggs, right?
No.

Egg yolks
2 mcg vitamin B12
7 mg iron

Beef
5 mcg vitamin B12
2 mg iron

Tuna
4 mcg vitamin B12
1 mg iron

Salmon
3 mcg vitamin B12
1 mg iron
fictor

Post by fictor »

Oscar wrote:If there are normal, then personally I wouldn't worry about it.
I agree Oscar, and I dont worry much about it. I would still love it if my vitamin/mineral levels where "optimal" though. But who knows? This might very well be optimal for me? :)
RRM wrote: Your levels are normal, and he suggests a multivitamin?
My levels are within what is considered "normal", but in the very lower end of the scale. A few other nutrients was also in the lower end, only not as low as B12 and Iron, so I guess my doctor just thought I get a little too little of almost everything :)
RRM wrote: Egg yolks
2 mcg vitamin B12
7 mg iron

Beef
5 mcg vitamin B12
2 mg iron

Tuna
4 mcg vitamin B12
1 mg iron

Salmon
3 mcg vitamin B12
1 mg iron
Thanks RRM! I guess I will combine egg yolks and beef a lot, and see where it takes me.

Yummy avocado-tartar salad! (ripe avocado, fresh raw ground beef and egg yolk) Mmmmm :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fictor wrote: My levels are within what is considered "normal", but in the very lower end of the scale.
Thats still perfectly normal.
fictor

Post by fictor »

RRM wrote:
fictor wrote: My levels are within what is considered "normal", but in the very lower end of the scale.
Thats still perfectly normal.
My doctors probably thinks my levels are dropping, and wanted me to take action before the actually gets too low.

We will see after the next test (in a year or so) if the levels are actually dropping or if they are the same as now. If they are the same, my doctor will probably agree that there is no need for supplementation.

I am going too eat a little more of the foods that are highest in the nutrients i (almost) lack, and I am not going to use a vitamin supplement unless I confirm an actual lacking of any nutrient.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fictor wrote: My doctors probably thinks my levels are dropping, and wanted me to take action before the actually gets too low.
He can only think that if you had a previous test showing higher levels.
Now he really doesnt know,
because your levels may previously have been lower.
Nobody knows.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

What's also important to realize, is that what's considered 'normal' is a reflection of what has been prevalent in the recent past. That does not mean it is natural nor does it mean that falling outside of the margins means you're unhealthy.
fictor

Post by fictor »

RRM wrote:
fictor wrote: My doctors probably thinks my levels are dropping, and wanted me to take action before the actually gets too low.
He can only think that if you had a previous test showing higher levels.
Now he really doesnt know,
because your levels may previously have been lower.
Nobody knows.
Yeah, but I imagine he jumped to the conclusion because I told him I was on a somewhat strange diet (I explained it too him in detail), and he probably thinks it poses a risk of malnutrition.
Oscar wrote:What's also important to realize, is that what's considered 'normal' is a reflection of what has been prevalent in the recent past. That does not mean it is natural nor does it mean that falling outside of the margins means you're unhealthy.
Good point, Oscar.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fictor wrote:I imagine he jumped to the conclusion because I told him I was on a somewhat strange diet (I explained it too him in detail), and he probably thinks it poses a risk of malnutrition.
Yes, that makes sense.