Under the skin

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
CSIV
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Under the skin

Post by CSIV »

I have this bump right about where the cheek meets the chin, below the corner of my lips. This is the common area for me to get acne, but this one is seemingly unusual... It hurt very much when it was first forming, before there was even any visual evidence of a pimple. It would be a very sharp, pinpoint pain to toutch the area. Then the bump started to form, appearing rather deep, and the pain became less isolated and more dull, but still quite painful. It has been a few days, and it is still red and still a bump but has not come to a head and is no longer painful. It seems to have stopped growing for 3 days now, and the inflamation is going down but the bump is still there.

I'm wondering what to do about it, if anything. Will the bump go away in the skin, or does the puss need to come out?
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Under the skin

Post by Oscar »

In my experience the bump will disappear. The inflammation is the body's response to the trapped sebum. Only if you have an abscess the pus needs to come out.
CSIV

Post by CSIV »

It does appear to be going away, I'll keep a watch on it though. I was mostly worried because I have one on my cheek, right by the bone point, that has been there for a little over a year. That one doesn't really bother me though because it isn't visable at all at this point and it hasn't gotten worse at all... maybe it has been dissapearing slowly, but I can't tell.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

CSIV wrote:I have this bump right about where the cheek meets the chin, below the corner of my lips. This is the common area for me to get acne
Yes, for me too (one of them)
this one is seemingly unusual... It hurt very much when it was first forming, before there was even any visual evidence of a pimple. It would be a very sharp, pinpoint pain to toutch the area. Then the bump started to form, appearing rather deep, and the pain became less isolated and more dull, but still quite painful. It has been a few days, and it is still red and still a bump but has not come to a head and is no longer painful. It seems to have stopped growing for 3 days now, and the inflamation is going down but the bump is still there.
Well, that is one of the common ways of acne to form, which depends on what the cause is (salt, too much protein, dirty protein).
In my experience this type is caused by dirty protein.
I'm wondering what to do about it, if anything. Will the bump go away in the skin, or does the puss need to come out?
sometimes it has to come out, if the water pressure is too high.
If, however, that is not the case, the bump may just fade away with time.
The latter usually happens when its not painful at all anymore (not even the slightest).