Day 5 - many questions

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
tomatoes
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Day 5 - many questions

Post by tomatoes »

Hi all,
I am on the Acne Sample diet, I was doing it incorrectly for 10 ten days (I thought we were allowed the two munch snacks on the sample diet) and had to re-start over. So now I am on Day 5 of the strict Sample Diet (or day 15, however you want to think of it). I have several questions:
As I live in the UK it is impossible to buy raw brazil nuts in the shell, I have called even distributors and food importers and they all tell him how they can't get it. So is it alright to use raw walnuts and shelling them every morning for the days portions? My results so far are that I am losing weight every morning which is nice, but the acne is getting more populous and bigger. I am posting a yesterdays menu:
Sunday: 1 orange & half and avocado; 4 plums and fresh walnuts; tomatoes/cucumber/avocado salad with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil; 2 peaches and walnuts; dinner of 2 egg yolks with the same above salad; 1 apple and walnuts. Does this sound about right?

Also, is it okay to drink hot water with lemon?
Can I use extra virgin walnut oil on the salad?

Thank you very much for your help Wait.

best regards
Tomatoes
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Day 5 - many questions

Post by Oscar »

You don't really need any nuts if you don't want to, but walnuts are fine otherwise.
I can't tell how much you eat, since you don't specify quantities, but my guess is that you're not eating enough. Enter your above menu into the Nutrient Calculator and check the amount of energy. If it's less than 2000kcal then it's not enough.
Hot water with lemon should be fine, as well as EV walnut oil.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

tomatoes wrote: As I live in the UK it is impossible to buy raw brazil nuts in the shell,
For now, you can also just leave out all nuts all together, to be on the safe side.
As when nuts are old, the may be too much oxidized allready.
My results so far are that I am losing weight every morning which is nice
Well, actually, you dont want to lose too much weight, as you will rapidly feel less energetic and positive.
To be able to sustain this diet, you need to be able to feel energetic constantly,
by taking in sufficient energy constantly, which is what you dont, right now.
On a normal diet, you just eat a few meals a day. On this diet, you need to eat loads of meals a day.
Depending on how active you are, you need to eat at least twice an hour.
Actually, its much more effective to drink juices instead,
as you will get tired of eating.
Just make sure to make the juices yourself (orange juice most safely, or apple, banana etc using the right tools;
check out the fruits / juices forum for this)
If you are then still not ingesting enough energy, you need to add sugar and or oil to your juice.
the acne is getting more populous and bigger.
Thats normal; all the pus and sebum that got stuck in your skin will now finally surface all together.
That will be over very soon.
Your menu sounds ok, but its too little.
Also, is it okay to drink hot water with lemon?
Technically, yes.
But at the moment you are consuming too little energy, and drinking hot water does not help, at all.
So, instead, try drinking orange juice, for example.
tomatoes

Post by tomatoes »

Also, how about yellow tomatoes? I hope they are okay but wasn't sure if there was anything wrong with choosing yellows over the red ones. They are in season now and I bought a small basket at this weekend's farmer's market.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yellow tomatoes are fine.
tomatoes

3 weeks - still not clear

Post by tomatoes »

Hi,
I am on day 22 and my skin is still not clear :evil:
I am still on the Acne Sample Diet. Here is a typical menu (today's) :
2 tangerines and walnuts (about 3 Tablespoons after fruit everytime)
fresh cut pineapple (about 1 cup fruit), walnuts
tomates, basil and olive oil
1 banana, walnuts
1 apple and some sun dried prunes, walnuts
tomatoes, avocado, cucumber and 2 egg yolks
fresh pineapple, walnuts
more salad (from above)

I eat sashimi once a week only as its expensive. I tend to get more breakouts afterwards so I limit it to just once a week. I try to drink volvic as much as possible. Sometimes hot water with lemon when water gets boring. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here?

Many thanks
Tomatoes
RRM
Administrator

Re: 3 weeks - still not clear

Post by RRM »

tomatoes wrote:Hi,
I am on day 22 and my skin is still not clear :evil:
Can you describe the condition of your skin in detail?
And also compared to before the diet and compared to the first week into the diet?
some sun dried prunes
How do you know that they are really sun-dried?
I eat sashimi once a week only as its expensive. I tend to get more breakouts afterwards
When you eat sashimi; how much do you eat?
What fish do you eat?
And where do you buy?
I try to drink volvic as much as possible.
Try to drink fresh juice instead,
as you might be consuming too little energy.
Have you lost any more weight?
Can anyone tell me what is wrong here?
Let us find out.
By experimenting, we will get there.
The walnuts may be too old, for example (and therefore too much oxidized).
Maybe its too hard for you, but can you try to go without nuts for a week.
You also need to increase your egg yolk intake, because this way too much muscle protein is converted into energy.
This may result in chunks of protein in the lymphe, which may also cause a little acne.
Please consume a minimum 5 egg yolks daily.
tomatoes

Post by tomatoes »

RRM wrote: Can you describe the condition of your skin in detail?
And also compared to before the diet and compared to the first week into the diet?
I started with very red, deep cystic acne. It was allover both cheeks and the chin.
First week started to look on track according to the book- all cysts sort of floated to the surface of my skin. However, they are still there and nothing is clearing.

My skin has much more pustules now, possibly even 'bumpier'. The only advantage now is that it is less red and more pink. So inflammation is reduced. But Nothing is really "moving", everything is just sitting where it was 3 weeks ago.
RRM wrote: How do you know that they are really sun-dried?
Well I read it on the package. Beyond that, I don't know.
RRM wrote: When you eat sashimi; how much do you eat?
What fish do you eat?
And where do you buy?
I eat a variety- mackeral, salmon, sea bream, tuna, squid. Sometimes I have eaten too much but now I only eat 4 pieces. I go to the same Japanese restaurant in town every time. Last time I didn't get the salmon, I got the sea bream.
RRM wrote: Try to drink fresh juice instead,
as you might be consuming too little energy.
Have you lost any more weight?
I've been eating more fruits, nuts, and snacks now. I can't guarantee how the juices are made in the supermarket so I just don't buy any. Last one I bought was unfiltered pomegranate juice that said cold pressed on the bottle. My weight is stabilizing. Maybe losing very slowly (haven't weighed this week).
RRM wrote: Maybe its too hard for you, but can you try to go without nuts for a week.
You also need to increase your egg yolk intake, because this way too much muscle protein is converted into energy.This may result in chunks of protein in the lymphe, which may also cause a little acne.
Please consume a minimum 5 egg yolks daily.
I can eliminate nuts and have 5 egg yolks. What should I have after all the fruit? Should I have a tablespoon of the extra virgin olive oil?

The fact that the pustules are just sitting, could that indicate a problem with the immune system being slow to clear the skin?

thanks for your help!
tomatoes
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Ok, lets do everything on the very safe side then...
No more dried fruits, no more nuts.
Keep doing the sashimi, and 5 egg yolks daily on other days.
You need loads of small meals, including fresh juice made by you.
What should I have after all the fruit? Should I have a tablespoon of the extra virgin olive oil?
Sure.
The fact that the pustules are just sitting, could that indicate a problem with the immune system being slow to clear the skin?
Have no new inflammations formed?
No new acne?
Have those pustules become whiteheads/yellowheads?
and have you not drained them?