Accutane - the nuclear option?

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
shelts
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Accutane - the nuclear option?

Post by shelts »

Hi all,
I have recently taken out an accutane prescription and on day 5 of the medication. Wai's diet is great, but I cannot go raw forever. So I have also added cooked foods to my diet. My hope is that the reduced sebum production will prevent new acne from forming even though the cooked foods may increase water retention.
Has anyone had experience in clearing up their acne using this harsh but powerful drug?
I don't care about the side effects.
Shelts
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Accutane - the nuclear option?

Post by Oscar »

I know someone who got treated with it. He wrote about it here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=176
shelts

Post by shelts »

Thx. Seems to have not worked out very well for that person! Sorry to hear that. I am tolerating it rather well so far.....does anyone have more advice or experiences with this?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Have you tried searching the forum?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Besides myself, i know a LOT of people who tried (Ro)Accutane.
here is the thread: http://www.acneboard.com/AcneQandA/Forum3/000040.html
For me it didnt work; it just made my skin very red, itchy and vulnerable.
shelts

Post by shelts »

Thank you RRM! I am on day 11.....I believe I am going through the initial breakout phase and that it is at a tailend but I will let you know how I progress in a couple of days. I feel it is working and restoring the balance in my body though. Premature but I am hopeful!
Shelts
greengrape

Post by greengrape »

I tried Accutane a few years back and had a horrible time on it. The side effects are severe, including extreme depression. I think Accutane should only be taken in desperate circumstances, but that is only my opinion. I'm not a doctor.
A healthy diet is skin insurance.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I tried roaccutane, I only did because I thought the only other option was dealing the rest of my life with acne.
It helpt quite a lot. But after a year I got some new pimples, I still get if I'm not an wai, but not in any was as severe as It used to.

I had not much side effects, comparing to other people, but if I could choose again I wouldn´t use it.
Because it's just toxic, maybe some people can handle better, but it is still toxic.

I felt a bit depressed, my skin was as dry as it could be, everywhere there showed small wrinkles, I lost some hair at my temples.
I know people who got bald from it. And never got their hair back.

Why don´t you want to eat raw forever ?
Is it the social circumstances ? Cravings ? Anything else ?

I would say test out how much you can handle. If it is the salt, dirty protein, amount of protein etc.. Maybe you adjust your diet so that it is more social accepted, or that it is better against your cravings.

I´m now a year on this diet. I can't imagine I'll ever change my fruit/ fruit juices for bread.
The energy I got is unbelievable right now.
(For the rest of the forum: I changed my diet a little bit: I'm now sporting, I don't use any oil anymore, just a little bit fiber, and I've much more energy !)

Even if I had no acne, I think this diet is one of the best things that could ever happen to me.
So think twice, before you quit this diet !