How long to get clear? Vinegar? sugar?

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
dcboyer02
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

How long to get clear? Vinegar? sugar?

Post by dcboyer02 »

Hi,

I'm 12 days into the diet, I've been 100% and I can't say I'm that happy with my skin right now. I don't have any cysts or anything but am seeing new zits every day almost, more like bumps I guess, but sometimes whiteheads or just small red bumps. I have been using coconut oil, wondering if thats the problem? I pretty sure I read that its safe for your face and it doesn't feel bad on my skin but I'm just trying to figure out why I'm not clearing up.
The only thing I can think that I've eaten that might not be on the sample diet is balsamic vinegar but I read that was ok, either on the book or in the forum I can't remember.

I like the food on the diet fine so I don't really have a hard time keeping it in that aspect but I also have avoided going out at all the last 2 weeks so its been easy for me to stick to it. I know with holidays and events coming up its going to be much harder to stick to the sample diet, not because I have cravings but just social pressure more likely.

I'm just wondering if people would pitch in and tell me how long it took for them on 100% to get clear, I'm losing a bit of motivation now because it seems like the book mostly emphasized that in 2 weeks if you stick with it you'd be clear and I'm not even close after being completely strict.

Or also, if even on the sample diet, did you have to change something on it to not break out?
Oscar
Administrator

Re: How long did it take you to get clear? Or didn't you?

Post by Oscar »

Unfortunately balsamic vinegar isn't (allowed) on the Wai Diet, only pure white vinegar is. Officially no vinegar is allowed on the Acne Sample Diet
Using coconut oil is fine. For most people the two weeks period is either enough to get rid of their acne, or at least a clear improvement. Some people take longer to get perfectly clear skin. Be a bit more patient, 12 days is not that long... :)
dcboyer02

Post by dcboyer02 »

Ok but on this page RRM says if its pure it is ok. My balsamic doesn't have any added ingredients so I'm confused.

viewtopic.php?t=284
Pure vinegar is perfect (including the 'acidity').
What other ingredients does your balsamic vinegar contain? (salt?)

Also Wai says its ok here:
http://www.acneboard.com/AcneQandA/Forum1/000045.html

Thats why I allowed it, What am I missing?

By the way by skin is better than it was but not clear or where I thought it would be after almost 2 weeks
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Okay, to clarify: On the Acne Sample Diet no vinegar is allowed (not even pure) to be sure (maybe RRM can say if he thinks otherwise). Wai in that post is talking about the Wai Diet (which is less strict than the ASD).
On the Wai Diet pure vinegar is allowed, but with balsamic vinegar it totally depends on what's in the balsamic vinegar, and if your skin can cope with it. In any case it's a question of experimenting.
You are on the Acne Sample Diet.
dcboyer02

Post by dcboyer02 »

Ok, so last night I was reading the book again and found another reason to think balsamic is fine.
Under the "Acne sample diet Q & A" section there's a question "what can I add to improve the diet for flavor?" and Wai says "To replace the chives; use basil or parsley etc. or a dash of lemon juice, chopped red onions or chopped shallot. You can also mix the olive oil with Balsamic vinegar"

This is specifically on the Acne Sample diet Q & A.

Someone also asks on the same section (Sample diet Q & A) if honey is allowed and she says "Yes, cold pressed honey is perfect".
Well, I've been eating honey also because of that.
So this leads me to believe there are items besides just fish, egg yolks, OO and fruit that are allowed the 1st 14 days.

I'm not trying to argue, but you can see how this is conflicting information when the sample diet has only those 4 things but then on the Q & A for the sample diet where people are asking what may be allowed she's saying those items are allowed.

So should I be taking what Wai says in the book to be ok, or should I listen to you guys on the forum instead? Has the information changed since the book was written? For instance I now know when the book was written it was thought that frozen fish wasn't allowed but that was later to found out to be ok (just that it won't taste as good).
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I understand what you mean, it is indeed confusing. I don't want to tell you who to listen to, but I think it's a better idea to listen to the people on the forum, and especially RRM. RRM has written the book (together with Wai) and is the authority (on acne and most other things) here. He's in the process of rewriting the book. Personally I would adhere to the info/rules here, just to be sure: Acne Sample Diet. Make sure your acne is gone, and then start to experiment with things like balsamic vinegar and such. Better safe than sorry. :)
dcboyer02

Post by dcboyer02 »

Can I have white sugar on the sample diet, e.g. 1 teaspoon over egg yolk and bannana? That has been the one thing I would like to have sugar with.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Sure, no problem.