New to Wai diet, need motivation

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
abicahsoul
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: New to Wai diet, need motivation

Post by abicahsoul »

But were those tiny tiny bumps also bigger bumps before wai? Or you never had big bumps?
I know every day might feel like a drag when one has an outbreak, but there is nothing to do but try the diet and wait for results.

Try to eat something every 30 mins, or 1 hour, if you can't manage a whole fruit, then a half? And some sugar.. Sometimes I go a bit longer.. but directly when I notice I'm tired or feel unconcentrated I take some fruit.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Adding oil already makes it last longer, which is included in the 30 mins ballpark figure. I use 2 Camelbak bottles to carry my OJ in. 22oz takes me around 15mins (20 with cleaning and adding oil+sugar) and lasts 3hrs. You can also use a glass or plastic bottle.
Yeah organic > non-organic, but when you have to be careful with money you can decide to buy the thick-skinned fruits non-organic.
Pineapple

Post by Pineapple »

Before Wai I would get some tiny bumps but not nearly as many and they would go away faster with a face mask or something. I would get the occasional bigger one somewhere on my face but most of the time they don't get THAT big. Never had cysts. I always used topical medication as I said and that would help keep my skin a bit more decent looking but I was never happy with it. I guess my acne is just too severe to be handled that way effectively. Now that I'm on this diet and not using any medication I realize just how bad it is. I've also considered that I have candida and with the new diet and more coconut oil, I might be experiencing a die-off. If that is the case, it could take much longer to get clear skin. If I'm not clear by the end of the summer, I might try a more intense anti-candida diet such as the coconut oil detox.
Pineapple

Post by Pineapple »

My mom, who is a nurse and strong holistic health advocate, has just showed me this: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... -good.aspx

I understand that the wai diet is all about limiting the pinching of sebum canals, but this is about limiting the sebum production. It seems to me that if either one were successfully corrected, you could stop acne. But, what if all the fruit I am eating is causing me these massive breakouts? I notice my skin gets worse the more sugar I eat. I wanted to believe that fruit wouldn't do this to me, but maybe I have to accept that it can, for reasons unknown or maybe candida. I really would like to look into this more and find out what other people think. Is there a way to do a wai diet low-sugar?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Pineapple wrote: I understand that the wai diet is all about limiting the pinching of sebum canals, but this is about limiting the sebum production. It seems to me that if either one were successfully corrected, you could stop acne.
Sure, but the problem is that hormones can do both:
an elevated level of testosterone or progesterone can both increase sebum production and cause water retention.
Maybe you would like to have your hormone levels checked.
what if all the fruit I am eating is causing me these massive breakouts? I notice my skin gets worse the more sugar I eat.
Then your problem may be hormone related.
Is there a way to do a wai diet low-sugar?
Yes, but that would involve eating lots of raw animal food, which is not cheap.
paradise

Post by paradise »

Hi everyone,

I'm new here too and on (and off) the acne sample diet for six weeks now. Three weeks ago I reached the two week mark for the first time, although I realized later even those were with little mistakes and therefore not 100% straight. You can't know everything from the beginning, indeed! ;)

Now I'm on day 7 again after vacation with my family, where I still kept on eating my fruit salad for every meal but also had pieces of cake and grilled salmon and chicken in addition for a couple days. I didn't really want to eat it, but I found it harder to resist, so I said to myself, let's see how it will make me feel and use it for my own experience with changes in skin and health condition.

My skin is getting better. Very slowly but it is. I still have small red bumps on my cheekline, as well as sandy bumps all over and a couple new yellowheads every other day on my décolleté. But overall my skin is less irritated and slowly clearing from old red marks and the countless bumps. And yet it's just day 7 again.

So I'm patient. I also believe that pushing it too hard and feeling bad about mistakes all the time is rather counterproductive. I love this raw diet, it tastes and looks (all those colors!) great, feels soothingly light in the body and therefore I want to continue as long as I can think of. I'm sure my whole system has to adjust slowly after years of candy, cake, cheese and pasta. And learning to do this diet correctly isn't done overnight either.

I also noticed that although my skin breaks out with 3-5 new inflammations (painful when touching) and yellowheads after about three days after consuming cooked/prepared/whatsoever bad food it appears to heal much faster now when going back to 100% raw fruits, OO, yolks and sashimi.

My skin is very sensitive (always red after showers, itchy now and then), coarse pored, oily and freckled in the face. Over the years really big freckles appeared, which actually look like aging spots?! Maybe sun damaged already, i don't know.

I had my first pimples on my forehead at the age of 10 and it worsened over the teenage years. With 17 I lived one year in Wisconsin, US, also known as "The Dairy State". Coming back to Germany after that year, I had the worst acne, as my mom remembers. Go figure! ;) With 21 my whole cheeks were still covered with huge red painful pus filled zits although the dermatologist had said to me it will be all gone when i'm 20. So that was when i first tried to do the sample diet but failed because i wasn't strong enough to stick to it… That was 6 years ago. I'm almost 28 now and still my cheeks, neck, shoulders, décolleté are breaking out.

My last partner was really cute about it and said to me "it's your skin, and because i love you, i also love your skin." But deep inside i know that acne can't be a symptom of health, it rather is a sign to me that something is out of balance within the body.

So I hope this change in lifestyle (eating like in paradise) :D will eventually release my skin from its burden or give me at least some kind of control over my susceptibility.

A big thanks for sharing all this valuable information and helping with this forum.

To the beginners alongside with me here I'd like to say: TAKE IT SLOW and BE PATIENT. Try to learn as much about this new way of eating as you can especially by documenting what you are doing.

Keeping a diary of what i eat, taking pictures of my skin's progress every other day, listening to my body and mood throughout the day, believing in this diet and looking forward to the day when i will be desperately in search of a new spot, that is what keeps me going on with confidence and bliss.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Hi Paradise.
paradise wrote:So I'm patient.
Thats excellent. No need to rush things.
I also believe that pushing it too hard and feeling bad about mistakes all the time is rather counterproductive.
Exactly.
Keeping a diary of what i eat, taking pictures of my skin's progress every other day, listening to my body and mood throughout the day, believing in this diet and looking forward to the day when i will be desperately in search of a new spot, that is what keeps me going on with confidence and bliss.
I like your approach.
Good luck, and please keep us posted.
paradise

Post by paradise »

skin improvement update:

Due to many reasons of probably too much protein from frozen (not good tasting) salmon last week, not enough calories, stress/mental disbalance, hormones (week prior menstruation) there is one huge hurting red bump under my bottom lip and two big yellowheads on my jawbone, that seem to stand still for days now.

But: After a while not looking very closely into the mirror, I just noticed how much my skin as a whole is healing. Of course I usually only see the zits and get discouraged as they stick out, but looking a little closer reveals how much my skin is improving.

I see now, that the pace of the process can be wonderfully compared to the growth of a flower. You can't see it grow while sitting next to it watching. It's so slow that you wouldn't notice. But you definitely can see, it has grown, when you check back a couple days later.

Naturally, it is the same with my skin. Looking at it in detail every single morning and evening, I don't notice the slight differences. But not looking at it for a week definitely makes me see it!

So I can happily state, that my complexion is much smoother in texture and tone, the red irritations and scars on my cheeks from older pimples are disappearing, also my irregular freckles are becoming lighter. And the pores on my forehead and my cheeks became a lot smaller, which I didn't expect to happen at all! :D

I'm going to have some yummy yolky now to celebrate. :P
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good to hear :)