How long to wait before accepting that it's not working?

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
Vaito
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

How long to wait before accepting that it's not working?

Post by Vaito »

Hello, I've been on the sample diet for exactly 2 weeks now (the recommended time from what I understood). I've had exclusively fruit, extra virgin cold pressed olive oil, and raw egg yolks from free range chickens. If there is any change in my skin, it is absolutely minimal, and as far as health I can't tell a difference (although I didn't really eat junk food before this anyway).

How long should I wait before I accept that it doesn't work? Please be realistic and don't try to claim that it has a 100% success rate and that I should just indefinitely try it until it works. Truthfully, what's the longest amount of time that it should take before I see results since the 2 week sample diet didn't have an effect?
RRM
Administrator

Re: How long to wait before accepting that it's not working?

Post by RRM »

We never claimed a 100% success rate, because experience has taught us that this is not the case.
If it doesnt work for you, it doesnt work for you.
How long it takes very much differs per person.
Sure, you will say thats an easy excuse, but thats just the way it appears to be.
Of course, i cannot possibly tell you how long it will take for you,
or whether it will work at all for you.
That you experience no change at all is a bit weird though, because even when the diet did not eliminate the acne (at all),
it still caused the skin to become softer and smoother.
But hey, to every rule there may be an exception.
panacea

Post by panacea »

Seems kinda fishy, never seen anyone go at it for 2 weeks with 100% purity, not even drinking store bought OJ for example, or cheating with a single bite of a mucnh food, not ask a single question on the forum during that time or post saying they're going to do it (two weeks is a long time to try a websites diet and never make a sound), then make a first post saying it didn't work at all for them. Lol. Even changing your diet to any kind of diet will make someone feel different, more gas, less gas, more stable energy, more tired, sleep less, sleep longer, etc. This diet also requires you space out your food intake into many small meals and sips of OJ, so if you didn't do that then you probably won't improve 'health feeling wise'. If you ate pretty good before the diet, and already have clear skin, then of course it's not going to magically and radically change in two weeks. There could also be many other factors like medicines, harsh showering products, etc, which can cause skin problems.

You must be eating a ton of egg yolks and fruit. You also need to be eating fish from what I've read. Are you juicing? Must be hard to eat like 40 oranges with your fingers
MartyD

Post by MartyD »

Vaito, i havent been on this diet very long now so my advice might not be the best.
But to give you the lo down, ive been on it a month now, but only about 2 weeks 100% although i did cheat last friday and today and will do so again tomorrow (friday treat at work for lunch, go out and get pub grub!) But honestly i dont think anyone after 2 weeks should give up and call it a day, i mean have you experienced any of the signs such as yellowhead outbreaks (which im going through at the minute btw), or really itchy skin because of them, better energy levels ect.

From one newbie to another, dont call it quits after 2 weeks, i was a bit depressed after 2 weeks as well that i wasnt seeing massive improvements but ive accepted that its just going to take a bit more time for me and you might be the same. Just be really strict and one thing that seems to be working and its the best advice ive gotten so far, is to just leave your face alone and just wash with low mineral water, nothing else.

Everyone is different and one thing that i think might help is to stop fussing about your acne and also to remain possitive (another problem for me), dont let anixiety and depressing thoughts overwhelm you and convince you that its not working. Im starting to realise patience is a key to this programme so hang in there! All the best!
Vaito

Post by Vaito »

Panacea, your paranoia filled reply is completely unwarranted. I tried the "acne sample diet" for two weeks strictly. I fail to see how that's so hard to believe considering the fact that the entire diet is clearly laid out here http://www.waiworld.com/waicure/acnesamplediet.html. I have no need to ask questions about what I can/can't eat when the diet is explained there and any extra questions about what to eat have been asked on these forums already.

From what you've read about eating raw fish being a requirement, I don't see that in the acne sample diet. It clearly says yolk OR fish everywhere animal protein is mentioned, and in the things I've read on the forums it seems to be confirmed that the two are interchangeable.

By "a ton" of egg yolks I assume you mean 3-5 since that's the number that the diet specifically says men should have. So if by "a ton" you mean 3, then yes I'm eating "a ton."

You're also probably correct in assuming that it's difficult to eat "like 40" oranges per day with fingers, although I can't confirm it since I've never done that. The acne sample diet never mentions specifically requiring orange juice or any fruit juice. I somehow doubt that you juice 40 oranges per day to drink, but I personally would consider that to be a massive waste of time so I instead choose to eat the whole fruit (not 40 per day though).

And as far as noticing other changes, I've been a bit more gassy than usually if you really want to know any and all changes, but I'm on this "acne diet" to attempt to help with acne (imagine that) so changes in the amount of gas I've had in the past couple weeks is, in my book, not a result.

I'm not claiming that the diet doesn't work, maybe I just needed to give it more time. It just said that it usually takes two weeks to see an improvement and I didn't so I was just asking if it would be worth it to continue. I've gotten my answer from Marty, so now I'll try it again and maybe for a couple months this time.
panacea

Post by panacea »

That book is old an outdated in my opinion, for example this is taken directly from it:
"How can I eliminate my acne? (for free)

By consuming ONLY these foods during at least two weeks (nothing else):

* loads of well-ripened fresh fruits; as much as you want
* a tomato-cucumber-avocado-chives salad covered with lots of extra virgin olive oil
* some sashimi (=sushi without rice) from fish that has NOT been in the freezer, but first read this"
Now I'm sure you did not do this, and there is already an error here, its been found that freezing fish is harmless and actually helps kill some parasites. Funny that this didn't even mention egg yolks, until later.. the wording in this book is very disorganized.
The rules

1) As a woman you should consume 2 egg yolks OR maximally 50 gram fresh raw fish a day.
If you are a tall man you should maximally consume 100 gram (3.5oz.) fresh raw fish OR 5 egg yolks a day. If you are a relatively short man, 60 gram (or 3 egg yolks) is the right amount.
This because redundant protein can easily increase the blood-protein level, since blood protein level can fluctuate very much; from 100% (alanine) up to 900% (cystine). A too high blood protein level can elevate the protein level in the true skin, making the skin temporarily retain more water, pinching off sebum canals.
It does not mean egg yolks or fish every single day, but to alternate. By only eating egg yolks you will be deficient in EPA which fish has. I also don't understand how you could survive off of 3-5 egg yolks a day and whatever fruits you eat. That's why I said it must be a TON of oranges you're eating/juicing. Apparently you're not, so it sounds like you're not even giving your body enough nutrients. In my opinion you would have to be eating fruit all day (most practically through homemade OJ) to get enough energy by only eating 3-5 egg yolks. You even said '3' egg yolks specifically, and that 40 oranges was way too much, so it's apparent, or at least very likely, that you were under nourishing yourself dramatically. I eat about 12-18 egg yolks a day, 3 bites of raw salmon, and 3-4 liters of OJ, and I'm skinny.

I wasn't being paranoid, more like skeptical. If you truly could go 2 weeks 100% no cheating on only 3-5 egg yolks a day, then I'm truly amazed, especially if you ate all those egg yolks in one sitting, since your brain would have been craving munch foods ALL day except shortly after that meal if so. That is some tremendous willpower, especially being undernourished and starving a long with it. That's also why it was even more fishy, since tremendous willpower usually results in some posts on the forum like "I'm doing it!!! Although its been hard, heres my experiences so far, any encouragement welcome.. etc etc"

In my opinion you probably are dehydrated as well as undernourished if you aren't eating a ton of fruit, and all you're eating is some fruit and 3 egg yolks. That would probably prevent acne clearing since (and I may be mistaken) a dehydrated body would try to hold in water and acne is caused by water retention. I'm out of my area of knowledge here though.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Uhm panacea, the link Vaito gives to the ASD article is the correct one, not the one to the book.

Vaito, could you give us a list of what, how much, and when you eat on a given day (on the acne sample diet)?
panacea

Post by panacea »

Uhm, the link he gave says the same outdated information, so what does it matter?
Ad 4) Fish has to be fresh, unfrozen; check for parasites before eating.
Eggs (preferably organic) have to be tested for freshness, and building bacteria tolerance has to be done slowly. Make sure to read [Fish and Eggs] for more information.
And everything else I said can be applied to that ASD link as well, such as about the egg OR fish not meaning egg or fish every single day, but to alternate..

Both of these links, the book and the article, say basically the same thing, have the same outdated info or easily misinterpreted wording (egg OR fish), so why point it out?

I think it's apparent that if he wasn't juicing, there was no way he could have done the ASD correctly, since it's almost impossible to constantly peel and eat *enough* fruits to maintain blood sugar, nutrition, and good hydration levels for most people. It just consumes too much spread out time for most people.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

panacea wrote: it's almost impossible to constantly peel and eat *enough* fruits to maintain blood sugar, nutrition, and good hydration levels for most people. It just consumes too much spread out time for most people.
Panacea has a point here; particularly regarding when one just starts the diet.
Vaito, could you please list the meals that you have been consuming on an average day?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Ah you're right, I'll change it.

Edit: changed it and added a preliminary Fish and Eggs article.
Vaito

Post by Vaito »

Sorry for the late reply. I stopped after the first two weeks for a short period of time, but I'm trying it again with the intent of sticking with it at least a couple months.

Since returning to the suggested menu, I honestly haven't been on a strict schedule as far as having "meals" really, but rather I just have a lot of fruit throughout the day. The fruits I generally have are apples, bananas, oranges, pears, peaches, avocados, and sometimes some other random fruits. I also throughout the day have a raw egg yolk, and usually by the end of the day I've had 3 or sometimes (I'm not very active and I'm not a big guy). I also usually follow up fruit with some olive oil, which I just take straight from a spoon after eating the fruit.

If I need to be on a strict schedule of what I eat everyday and when i eat it, feel free to let me know. I was under the impression that times didn't really matter since this diet is essentially based on the diet of some species of monkeys, and I doubt that they adhere to much of a schedule.

Also, can one of the moderators confirm that I HAVE to be eating raw fish AND egg yolks? I that that it was an either/or sort of thing just to get protein.

I have not been eating tomatoes + cucumbers with the avocado. Tomatoes make me gag, although if I really have to I would eat them anyway and just chase them with something else. Is having the mentioned tomato/cucumber/avocado salad a requirement?

Lastly, on the subject of water.. I admittedly have not been using any special low mineral water to wash my face. If this is necessary or simply encouraged, is "Deer Park" bottled water acceptable, and if so, is it enough for me to just rinse my face with it after getting out of the shower? It seems like it would be tough to not get your face wet with anything but low mineral water. And do I need to be drinking spring water or anything?

Sorry for the long post, but since I've decided to stick to this for a couple months I want to make sure I'm doing it right. I'm home from college and my family has been going out for dinner and grilling etc. and it would most certainly be saddening for me to find out after a couple months of this that I was doing it wrong the whole time.

Thanks for the help.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Vaito wrote:If I need to be on a strict schedule of what I eat everyday and when i eat it, feel free to let me know. I was under the impression that times didn't really matter since this diet is essentially based on the diet of some species of monkeys, and I doubt that they adhere to much of a schedule.
That's correct, you don't need to be on a strict schedule. You have to get used to listening to your body "telling" you when it needs more energy, so it'll end up being more like grazing than 3 meals a day.
Vaito wrote:Also, can one of the moderators confirm that I HAVE to be eating raw fish AND egg yolks? I that that it was an either/or sort of thing just to get protein.
Eating fish is mainly for the omega-3 fatty acids, and egg yolks for the vitamins and cholesterol. So ideally both (doesn't have to be every day).
Vaito wrote:I have not been eating tomatoes + cucumbers with the avocado. Tomatoes make me gag, although if I really have to I would eat them anyway and just chase them with something else. Is having the mentioned tomato/cucumber/avocado salad a requirement?
No. If you don't like tomatoes, don't eat them.

I'll let RRM answer the water question ;)
Vaito

Post by Vaito »

Cool, thanks.

Also, on the subject of raw fish.. So frozen fish has now officially been dubbed acceptable? If it is ideal to eat both raw fish and egg yolks, is there any raw fish like a specific brand you know of that I could get at a store that's safe? I ask because I live nowhere near a coast so it's impossible for me to get any fresh fish, and it doesn't seem like a great idea to eat just any raw fish from wherever. I have no problem with eating raw fish, in fact I love sushi and sashimi, but I've never actually just gone out and bought raw fish to eat so I don't know what I'm looking for exactly.
panacea

Post by panacea »

wild caught salmon (vacuum packed)

if it says wild atlantic or wild alaskan salmon or w/e don't get it. it's raised in a farm. they call it wild because they are greedy bastards that torture the fish with poor nutrition and dirty living environment and call it wild.

it must say wild CAUGHT.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Vaito wrote:So frozen fish has now officially been dubbed acceptable?
Yes.
If it is ideal to eat both raw fish and egg yolks, is there any raw fish like a specific brand you know of that I could get at a store that's safe?
I usually eat wild caught Alaskan salmon that comes in frozen.
Our main stream supermarkets sell these.
Tuna is safe too.
I have no problem with eating raw fish, in fact I love sushi and sashimi, but I've never actually just gone out and bought raw fish to eat so I don't know what I'm looking for exactly.
There is a thread dedicated to this issue.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1257