Having a severe sunburn and acne

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
Squash
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Having a severe sunburn and acne

Post by Squash »

Hello there. I've been doing the sample diet for the past 2 months right now (100%, cheated twice). For the first month things were looking great and I was indeed clearing up, especially my nose. BUT during this time I was still taking 10mg of Accutane every day. Then after this 1st month mark I stopped taking Accutane and slowly but surely, without changing my diet my acne came back, but in a form I've never seen before.

I have to say now that during that last month of the 2 months I've been on the diet, I've flown on an airplane TWO times to the other side of the world and back. Especially the trip back with the Accutane more out of my system made me EXPLODE in tiny pimples. TINY, TINY pimples. Nothing else. No nodules, no cysts, no regular pimples.

These tiny pimples are more superficial, could this be because of the diet not pinching the sebum off deep in the skin, but it just happens right in the upper layer of the skin?

Also, which the title refers to, a week ago I've gone to the tanning salon as I sometimes do. This time I went under another tanning machine than usual, which was more powerful. Well, I could only stand 5 minutes of it because it felt like my skin was melting off. An hour after the visit my face looked really red and burnt AND my face was unusually dry (drying effects of the tanning bed??). This dry skin was temporary however, and my face got very oily the day after and a lot of new tiny pimples were forming.

So basically I want a few opinions on this all, especially I want to know was my last breakout really caused solely by the tanning bed? That would be great, because I'd know another culprit.

My diet:
- 5 unskinned apples (300 kcal)
- 150 grams of sugar (600 kcal)
- 1 Liter of orange juice (400 kcal)
- 200 grams of EVOO (1440 kcal)
- 6 egg yolks (300 kcal)
- 50 grams of raw honey (150 kcal)
Totals: 3040 kcals - 30 grams protein - 224 grams fat - 345 grams carbs

^All eaten over the course of about 10 meals every day (except for the egg yolks, which I eat an hour before bed)

P.S. I gently wash my face with very low mineral water, morning and evening, and I get 8 hours of sleep every night.

ALSO another question that I think has never been asked before: Since getting a lot of acne I've stopped going to the gym out of fear to testosterone surges aggravating my acne. I've also starting gaming a lot more. I play one game speciafically on a VERY HIGH competitive level. This game WILL have my heart racing at 120 BPM+ (nervousness, fight/flight response) for hours on end. Could this cause any hormone fluctuations that can cause acne?
abicahsoul

Re: Having a severe sunburn and acne

Post by abicahsoul »

A quick glance would suggest you will need more fruit (and other fruit than apple) and less sugar to get more micronutrients (=vitamins minerals)?
And perhaps that you don't need that much extra virgin olive oil?
However, I leave that open..
I'd say: go to the gym, I think the testosterone and other health benefits from working out are things we need. And in due time this diet will almost certainly take care of your problems if you do it right.
Gaming can't substitute regular excercise. The excercise is also relaxation for the brain from the screen. It usually does us modern humans a lotta good. :)
Squash

Post by Squash »

abicahsoul wrote:A quick glance would suggest you will need more fruit (and other fruit than apple) and less sugar to get more micronutrients (=vitamins minerals)?
However, I leave that open..
I have just discovered that I am allergic to Latex (mostly found in rubber, makes me break out in eczema). I have researched the topic and many sources say this allergy is related to an allergy to bananas, avocados and most tropical fruits. Those fruits I used to eat but everytime I did I got stomach cramps and temporary ulcer-like boils on the inside of my lips. Since I've cut them out of my diet I can breathe freely through my nose again and my stomach is senseles; no more constipations.
I'd say: go to the gym, I think the testosterone and other health benefits from working out are things we need. And in due time this diet will almost certainly take care of your problems if you do it right.
Gaming can't substitute regular excercise. The excercise is also relaxation for the brain from the screen. It usually does us modern humans a lotta good. :)
Oh, I certainly DID NOT think of gaming as a substitute for acne, just as a culprit of acne, since I'm basically (almost everyone does at a high competitive level of gaming) having an (unnatural) fight/flight response in my body for hours on end.
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

I meant: gaming as substitute for training.. regardless of acne... but whatever..
:)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Nothing else. No nodules, no cysts, no regular pimples.
These tiny pimples are more superficial
Sounds more like a sun allergy or similar.
Squash wrote:...after this 1st month mark I stopped taking Accutane ...
a week ago I've gone to the tanning salon as I sometimes do. ... it felt like my skin was melting off. An hour after the visit my face looked really red and burnt AND my face was unusually dry (drying effects of the tanning bed??). This dry skin was temporary however, and my face got very oily the day after and a lot of new tiny pimples were forming.

So basically I want a few opinions on this all, especially I want to know was my last breakout really caused solely by the tanning bed?
The Accutane had diminished your skins capacity to respond to sunlight exposure properly;
it is know to affect sebum and oil production capacity and makes the skin thin,
and these effects may linger on for many months.
As your skin could not cope with the tanning, it probably kept on trying to produce as much sebum as possible.
Due to the mild sunburn, transportation of this oil and sebum to the surface of the skin is however compromised.
another question that I think has never been asked before:
It has, actually.
I've stopped going to the gym out of fear to testosterone surges aggravating my acne.
That depends on the kind of physical activity.
What kind of routine do you do, normally?
I've also starting gaming a lot more. I play one game speciafically on a VERY HIGH competitive level. This game WILL have my heart racing at 120 BPM+ (nervousness, fight/flight response) for hours on end. Could this cause any hormone fluctuations that can cause acne?
Yes, it triggers the release of stress hormones (adrenaline, ACTH, cortisol),
which free up energy, including from muscle protein, which may cause temporary elevated levels of protein-residues,
which may lead to acne.
abicahsoul wrote:A quick glance would suggest you will need more fruit (and other fruit than apple) and less sugar to get more micronutrients (=vitamins minerals)?
I agree with abicahsoul.
I have just discovered that I am allergic to Latex
Ahhh, that may explain the small bumps you experienced.
many sources say this allergy is related to an allergy to bananas, avocados and most tropical fruits. Those fruits I used to eat but everytime I did I got stomach cramps and temporary ulcer-like boils on the inside of my lips. Since I've cut them out of my diet I can breathe freely through my nose again and my stomach is senseles; no more constipations.
Did you test them separately? (1 fruit/week)
It would be a shame if you are allergic to some of them and avoid all of them.
Squash

Post by Squash »

RRM wrote: Sounds more like a sun allergy or similar.
Hmm, some of the tiny pimples did have white heads sticking out of them, which would lead me to believe that it's sebum getting pinched off in the pores A.K.A. acne
RRM wrote: The Accutane had diminished your skins capacity to respond to sunlight exposure properly;
it is know to affect sebum and oil production capacity and makes the skin thin,
and these effects may linger on for many months.
As your skin could not cope with the tanning, it probably kept on trying to produce as much sebum as possible.
Due to the mild sunburn, transportation of this oil and sebum to the surface of the skin is however compromised.
Interesting... What I find strange is that the rest of my body is not affected and could tan easily even if I was on 'Tane (from the neck down). Kinda looks like I have a face transplantation sometimes. fml[/b]
another question that I think has never been asked before:
It has, actually.
Surprises me
What kind of routine do you do, normally?
I have been doing HST (http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_index.html) for the past couple of months which involves doing full-body workouts 3 times a week involving compound movements predominantly. The perfect test-booster so to say...
Yes, it triggers the release of stress hormones (adrenaline, ACTH, cortisol),
which free up energy, including from muscle protein, which may cause temporary elevated levels of protein-residues,
which may lead to acne.
Hmmm that's quite the theory. I myself thought it also had something to do with the fact that I wear headgear (mic, headphones) while gaming which make me get really warm, sweaty and maybe oily. I find it hard to visually separate oil from sweat, though.
RRM wrote:
I agree with abicahsoul.
Lowered the oil to 100-150 grams, going to buy some pears and organic strawberries/grapes (I'm a little skeptical about vinegar cleaning off all the pesticides on non-organic straws/grapes).
I discovered this even before the airplane flight/tanning bed incident and have cut out all triggers accordingly, so no, it doesn't explain them.
I am going to in the future, but first I want to focus on getting clear on this diet. I'm still not clear of acne.
Squash

Post by Squash »

Coming back to the tiny pimples/bumps,

This picture very much illustrates the lesions/rash that can (mostly) be found on my face right now:

I found the picture when I searched for 'sun allergy'. So I guess this confirms that the tiny pimples MAY NOT BE acne but a rash?
Squash

Post by Squash »

A so called 'Heat Rash' also caught my attention. Under the tanning bed my face got unbearably hot. Like I said, as if it was going to melt off.

When searching for heat rash:

Ugh... I really do hope it's a heat rash or sun allergy reaction on my face.. Because then I'd know it'd be temporary... :(
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Squash wrote: This picture very much illustrates the lesions/rash that can (mostly) be found on my face right now:
To me that looks like a sun-allergy.

Hmmm, i thought i had responded to your previous message,
but its not there, so let me try again.
Squash wrote:
RRM wrote: Sounds more like a sun allergy or similar.
Hmm, some of the tiny pimples did have white heads sticking out of them, which would lead me to believe that it's sebum getting pinched off in the pores A.K.A. acne
Sun allergy bumps may also contain a white head sometimes.
RRM wrote: What I find strange is that the rest of my body is not affected
In my experience, the face is by far the most vulnerable part of the skin, regarding Accutane.
I have been doing HST (http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_index.html) for the past couple of months which involves doing full-body workouts 3 times a week involving compound movements predominantly. The perfect test-booster so to say...
Hormonal induced acne is usually cystic, and not like the 'sun allergy'.
I myself thought it also had something to do with the fact that I wear headgear (mic, headphones) while gaming which make me get really warm, sweaty and maybe oily.
Acne is rarely caused on the outside (and rarely has anything to do with hygiene).
An exception is miner's acne, caused by a thick layer of tiny particles clogging pores.
I discovered this even before the airplane flight/tanning bed incident and have cut out all triggers accordingly, so no, it doesn't explain them.
Ah, ok.
I am going to in the future, but first I want to focus on getting clear on this diet. I'm still not clear of acne.[/quote]

Good thinking.
Squash

Post by Squash »

Thanks for your reply RRM, I've recently created a log thread with photos, so maybe you'll get a better idea of the lesions. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2878&p=30853#p30853