Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Photo Log on the Sample Diet

Post by RRM »

Thank you, Waipete.
Squash

Post by Squash »

Quick question, RRM. I was reading through some old posts and 'egg pasteurization' was brought to my attention. Some cartonned eggs are apparently pasteurized. I personally always buy 'Van Beek Omega 3 eieren' at AH, in the orange carton. Do you by any chance know whether these are okay or not?

Thanks
I would recommand the organic ones from the AH. Much better tasting in my opinion.

Do you press your orange juice yourself, or do you get it from the AH?
I just say this to warn you that even the fresh pressed orange juices are pasteurized.
Some plus supermarkets sells the real deal. But quite expensive, €3,50/ L.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I honestly dont know, but i was under the impression that they have to mention it on the package if the eggs are pasteurized.
Squash

Post by Squash »

Day 14 of Photo Log
Day 66 on Wai diet
Day 49 post Accutane

Yesterday's diet:
- 1000 mL Orange Juice = 450 kcal - 7g protein
- 5 skinned apples = 120 kcal - 1g protein
- 50g farmed salmon = 100 kcal - 10g protein, 7g fat
- 50g sugar = 200 kcal - 0g protein
- 100g EVOO = 900 kcal - 0g protein, 100g fat
- 6 organic yolks = 350 kcal - 16g protein, 38g fat
- 20g honey (coldly centrifuged) = 60 kcal - 0g protein
- 2 pears = 200 kcal - 2g protein

Totals: ~2800 kcal - 40g protein - 145g fat - 333g carbs

Yesterday's routine:
- Didn't wash face
Squash

Post by Squash »

Hello everyone. It's been a while. I've basically avoided any mirrors like the plague the past week, hoping my mental state would get better. What's not helping, is that I have an itchy/dry kind of feeling which makes smiling hurt. It goes away for a minute of 5 after applying coconut oil. In the morning, it's completely ABSENT. Then, as the hours go by it climbs to an intense itchy feeling which least bothers me when I don't move my face at all.

I still get 'pins and needles' sensations in my skin when I sweat (due to anxiety or simply heat). And I'm STILL thinking it MUST be freakin' heat rash!! I've NEVER had these little pimples scattered everywhere, NEVER. I've always had medium sized lesions, which leave a red mark for months. These little pimples leave marks that fade away WITHIN A WEEK (which is positive).

Source: http://skin.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of-a-rash.htm
"The trapped sweat causes irritation, which leads to itching and then to a rash of small blisters. These small blisters called papules may itch and also cause an intense "needles and pins" sensation."

Source: http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/healt ... heat-rash/
"This form of the illness is often accompanied by the typical symptoms—intense itching or "pins and needles" with a lack of sweating (anhidrosis) to affected areas."

My forehead (which isn't shown in the pics) has improved A LOT. Almost no more bumps there at this moment. As you can see, my left cheek isn't really improving... It goes back and forth...

RRM, could you look at my thread over here and post your opinion? As you know I highly value it.

Day 22 of Photo Log
Day 74 on Wai diet
Day 57 post Accutane

Diet for the past 8 days:
- 16 skinned apples = 800 kcal - 8g protein
- 100g sugar = 400 kcal - 0g protein
- 90g EVOO = 810 kcal - 0g protein, 90g fat
- 8 organic yolks = 460 kcal - 20g protein, 48g fat

Totals: 2470 kcal - 28g protein - 138g fat - 300g carbs

I've changed my diet to solely: peeled apples, sugar, EVOO and egg yolks. I did, because I was paranoid that I was getting allergic reactions to oranges. They sometimes made me sneeze in the morning followed by a runny nose. Also, I've read somewhere on the old Wai-board that RRM used to run this almost same exact diet (Liquid Free Amino Acids instead of egg yolks) for 3 months and his skin was smoother and softer than he's ever seen in anyone.

Last 8 days routine:
- Didn't wash face (when I do and not put any coconut oil on, it results in an EXCRUCIATING dry/tight/itchy feeling in my skin)
- On occasion put coconut oil on skin to reduce itching
Squash

Post by Squash »

Here's something to illustrate the similarities between my skin condition (acne or heat rash, I don't know) and ACTUAL heat rash (miliaria rubra):

As you can see, the spots from the 3 images have some scary similarities. The characteristic 'red blotch with a white spot in it' is clearly visible in every picture, as is the consistency of SMALL SIZED lesions. They're ALL small.
As some might remember I was in a Face-Tanning chair (month ago) in which the temperatures probably got up to ~90-100 degrees Celsius (190-220 degrees Fahrenheit), and I was in there for 6 minutes, with ventilators aimed at my skin which made it seem less hot than it really was.

I'm just hoping to God it's heat rash and not acne, because if it's acne it would mean this diet isn't working for me, and it's basically my last resort.
Squash

Post by Squash »

Thing is; I am 4-5 weeks past this Face Tanner incident and there's still new small pimples surfacing. Can it be that these were formed 4-5 week ago under the skin and took that long to finally surface?
Squash

Post by Squash »

When I gently scratch my skin, sometimes these tiny tallow-like granules will fall off, which are hard in texture. What is this? If it's hardened sebum, this supports your (RRM/Wai) claims that sebum canals are not blocked by dead skin cells but by sebum that can't get through and 'hardens', so it forms an obstacle.

However, if these granules are sebum, this would mean that the spots on my face are indeed acne and not heat rash, as heat rash has to do with sweat.

Lot of posts today... Hope you have enough time to answer them all RRM. Sorry if it burdens you. :|

I might start taking antihistamines without gelatin, to see if it lessens the itchy/stinging feeling, especially when I get hot.
Squash

Post by Squash »

I'm so sorry for the multi-posts. If only I could edit my post 5 minutes or more after posting them...

My antihistamines (Loratadine) contain:
- loratadine (10mg)
- lactose
- microkristallijne cellulose (E460)
- magnesiumstearaat (E470b)
- maiszetmeel

Are any of these dirty protein or do any of these induce water retention?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Squash wrote:Here's something to illustrate the similarities between my skin condition (acne or heat rash, I don't know) and ACTUAL heat rash (miliaria rubra):
Yes, indeed; i see what you mean...
Squash wrote:Thing is; I am 4-5 weeks past this Face Tanner incident and there's still new small pimples surfacing.
The face tanner incident may have triggered something that lingers on for a while.
That doesnt seem unlikely to me.
Many conditions just need a incidental trigger to keep on lingering on for a while.
Squash wrote:When I gently scratch my skin, sometimes these tiny tallow-like granules will fall off, which are hard in texture. What is this? If it's hardened sebum, this supports your (RRM/Wai) claims that sebum canals are not blocked by dead skin cells but by sebum that can't get through and 'hardens', so it forms an obstacle.
However, if these granules are sebum, this would mean that the spots on my face are indeed acne and not heat rash, as heat rash has to do with sweat.
The heat rash likely affects the condition of your skin (thats why it is noticeable).
The hard ('clean') granules surfacing means that they have not turned into pus, which means that they didnt cause inflammations,
so no acne here.
But yes, there is some degree of pinching off of the sebum canals, making the tallow dry up,
but without the inflammation, thats not acne.
Hope you have enough time to answer them all RRM. Sorry if it burdens you. :|
No, its totally fine.
Squash wrote: My antihistamines (Loratadine) contain:
- loratadine (10mg)
- lactose
- microkristallijne cellulose (E460)
- magnesiumstearaat (E470b)
- maiszetmeel

Are any of these dirty protein or do any of these induce water retention?
Lactose increases permeability of the intestinal mucosa, which potentially increases the risk involved in eating a little dirty protein.
(its added to this drug because it increases uptake of the actual loratadine)
As one of the side effects of this drug is urinary retention, there may be a water-retention effect.
But you can try it and see what the effects are. Maybe it helps you.
Squash

Post by Squash »

This picture was taken exactly a week ago, on the 18th of September, 2011. This was right before I started working out heavily again and reintroduced Salmon to my diet to up total protein from 30 to 45 grams a day.

Day 37 of Photo Log
Day 89 on Wai diet
Day 72 post Accutane

Diet for the past weeks:
- Orange juice
- 16 skinned apples = 800 kcal - 8g protein
- 100g sugar = 400 kcal - 0g protein
- 90g EVOO = 810 kcal - 0g protein, 90g fat
- 8 organic yolks = 460 kcal - 20g protein, 48g fat

Totals: ~3000 kcal - 28g protein - 138g fat - 300g carbs

Last weeks routine:
- washing face occasionally
Squash

Post by Squash »

You begin to ask yourself; what am I doing it for? WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING IT FOR?

What does this diet do for you?
- It destroys your social life, because you can not go ANYWHERE, eat out, go out with friends because of your ridiculous eating habits. SURE some people can cope with having to explain themselves again, and again, and again, and again. It is a HUGE burden.
- Makes you feel like a weirdo.

"What about the quality of your skin?" you may ask. Well. It's the SHITTEST it's been in 4 years. I followed it to the T. FOR 90 DAYS. Are you kidding me?
SURE, following this diet, I may live to be 120 years old. It doesn't have those same carcinogens in it as those cooked foods have, and those cigarettes. But does that all even matter, when every time I look into a mirror, I cringe and cry for hours on end? I see people with perfect skin eating WHATEVER THE FUCK they want. And yet there I am. Eating a diet that requires SO MUCH sacrifice, in order to have decent skin. What am I left with? The opposite.

SHIT I remember being on Accutane. 10mg a day. I look back at old photos from 6 months ago and my skin was picture perfect (acne wise). Sure, I burnt in the sun and had mildly dry lips. But that's a small price to pay for not having acne. Hell, I consistently ate the WORST diet you can imagine, according to the Wai principles. 300+ grams of thoroughly cooked protein a day. YET I didn't have many problems.

I went from 170 lbs at 6% BF to 155 lbs at 12% BF eating exclusively wai. Losing about 18 lbs of LBM. That's great.

I am HIGHLY considering taking Accutane again. I am contacting my Doctor very soon.

I'm sorry just ranting I am so FUCKING mad at everything right now. Dealing with all of this BS.
Squash

Post by Squash »

So, why doesn't this diet work for me? I follow it 100%, don't even drink tap water.

I think it's safe to say that it's NOT heat rash, but actual acne. It's been 5 weeks+ since the tanning bed incident and my condition has become gradually worse. I think the effects of Accutane are just lingering off, and it's showing. My face somehow produces so much sebum that even 'zero water retention' can't help it. It's just flowing and flowing and gets stuck, regardless of how tightly (or untightly) my skin is pinching off the sebum canals.

Am I one of the 5% that this diet doesn't work for, even if I've never had cystic acne? If that's so, then FML.
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

And you don't use anything on your face other than low mineral water and then some oil or nothing (no oil, if you produce so much sebum)? No moisturizers, creams, no soap, no other kind of facial washes etc? Sorry jog my memory maybe you said already?

Poor you. However from your pics I think your zits seem very small, which doesn't mean they can't be a pain inn the ass.. However, I must say that you don't look awful, and should not feel too awful to be around people (if that's a problem you think about). That's not to say you should not look for getting healing. I know how it feels to have acne, even tiny ones..

I don't know why it doesn't work for you. Leave it for RRM and Oscar to tackle. :(
overkees

Post by overkees »

Dude, seems like you're stressing out big time. Stress can cause water retention too. As well as drugs and a fucked up sleeping pattern. Hormonal disbalances.
Try to stay calm, I know you think everything sucks now. But come on, heavy chemicals on your face? That's maybe good for the first few years but boy, you're going to pay so much more in the end.

Try to relax, do breathing excercises, go to bed early and try to maintain this diet and allow yourself a little more munchfoods. I think that's still a better option. What have you got to lose???

Btw, if i compare the pics with the pics in the beginning I would say you're doing a lot better. And my tip would be to eat less apples, too much fructose. Try to balance the glucose/fructose ratio.

Question:
Do you have all your eggs at once? Try to break it up in parts, maybe that would help.

I really cant stress enough how big good sleeping is in solving the acne puzzle.