Photo Log - post Accutane -> on Accutane

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
Squash
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Photo Log on the Sample Diet

Post by Squash »

abicahsoul wrote:And you don't use anything on your face other than low mineral water and then some oil or nothing (no oil, if you produce so much sebum)? No moisturizers, creams, no soap, no other kind of facial washes etc? Sorry jog my memory maybe you said already?
I've stopped using oil, because, to my surprise, my face has not been itching or stinging a lot the last 2 weeks (a lot less, that's for sure). It's strange. I now have more blemishes, but the accompanying itching and/or stinging (heat rash-y) sensation are missing.
Poor you. However from your pics I think your zits seem very small, which doesn't mean they can't be a pain inn the ass.. However, I must say that you don't look awful, and should not feel too awful to be around people (if that's a problem you think about). That's not to say you should not look for getting healing. I know how it feels to have acne, even tiny ones..

I don't know why it doesn't work for you. Leave it for RRM and Oscar to tackle. :(
I know they aren't big. From a distance it sometimes looks like I have no acne at all, but close-up it is one raw, reddish, bumpy battlefield; especially in broad daylight of course.
overkees wrote:Dude, seems like you're stressing out big time. Stress can cause water retention too. As well as drugs and a fucked up sleeping pattern. Hormonal disbalances.
Try to stay calm, I know you think everything sucks now. But come on, heavy chemicals on your face? That's maybe good for the first few years but boy, you're going to pay so much more in the end.
Accutane (isotretinoin) is taken orally in pill form. It's a derivative of vitamin A and is basically taken as an overdose. Your body starts showing a lot of drying symptoms, including the reduced output of sebum, which helps the acne. Paying in the end, at this point, is worth it for me when I see how much this drug has done for me in the past.
Try to relax, do breathing excercises, go to bed early and try to maintain this diet and allow yourself a little more munchfoods. I think that's still a better option. What have you got to lose???
I religiously make it a big focus to go to bed early. My sleeping patterns are perfect. I'm heading to bed 11 pm and wake up, naturally (no alarm clock), around 6-7 am. What have I got to lose? More nagging bad times, being socially unacceptable, having to cope with potentially even more acne as the previously taken Accutane slowly lingers from my body.
Btw, if i compare the pics with the pics in the beginning I would say you're doing a lot better. And my tip would be to eat less apples, too much fructose. Try to balance the glucose/fructose ratio.
I think I look worse. A lot more redness and a lot more (be it small) lesions.
Question:
Do you have all your eggs at once? Try to break it up in parts, maybe that would help.

I really cant stress enough how big good sleeping is in solving the acne puzzle.
I eat my eggs exactly the way I'm told to in the Sample Diet. 20 grams of egg-protein (8 eggs for me) in one sitting. If I do that over more sittings my stomach gets irritated from all the physical stuff I do and trying to break down the protein. My sleep is, as I said, as good as it can get (for me).

This is a pic of my skin (same side as previous photos), 6 months ago. I was eating 300+ grams of cooked protein, milk, etc a day, in big 2000kcal+ meals (intermittent fasting). I was also on 10 mg of Accutane a day.

As you can see, I had one blemish under the corner of my mouth. This blemish formed over the course of months, starting as a tiny whitehead. That typifies my acne at the time.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

Hey Squash

As overkees already said, I think you're stressing out way too much. Your pimples are very far from severe. And I don't really think it's common acne. I think it's more a reaction of your skin to the unbalance provoked by the tanning accident, which wasn't that much long ago, as RRM also referred. And very possibly the Accutane also. Btw, Accutane is the most ridiculous choice for treating acne that I've ever heard of. You're basically throwing a bomb inside your body to clear off... some face pimples... o.0. I strongly advise you never to use it anymore, for the very sake of your health.

I mean... if you're in such despair with such mild facial skin problem, wonder if you would have burned your whole face in a grease fire. Wonder if you knew that your skin would never be normal again. I could send you a picture of my forehead, which hasn't got any pimple at the moment, any rash, perfectly clean, and you'd prefer to have cystic acne in your forehead rather than have my rash-pimple-clean forehead, which looks like cooked meat. And I'm only 20.

Sorry if my intentions seem bad or ironic in this post, but I just wanted to tell you to relax about it. It's not such a big deal! Girls won't stop looking at you for it, as they didn't stop looking at me also. People won't start judging you for it, as they didn't start judging me also. (And if they do, just fuck'em! :D) Stick to the diet as much as you can, as I'm sure there will be a time when it will make all the sense to you, both for your body and mind. And about the social problems, be comprehensive that 99.99999% of the people have never heard of this diet before, and it's EXTREMELY different from their "normal" diets. Don't stop going out for a dinner with your friends for it. Just take some dried/fresh/juiced fruits and OO and eat right there... that's what I do, and fuck who doesn't like it!

Just give it a little more time for your skin to regain its balance.

And if you think it's hormonal, you could try some specific herbs. I'm not the best person to tell you about it tough.

Anyway... just my humble opinion. Wish you the best luck!
Squash

Post by Squash »

mario91 wrote:Hey Squash

As overkees already said, I think you're stressing out way too much. Your pimples are very far from severe. And I don't really think it's common acne. I think it's more a reaction of your skin to the unbalance provoked by the tanning accident, which wasn't that much long ago, as RRM also referred. And very possibly the Accutane also. Btw, Accutane is the most ridiculous choice for treating acne that I've ever heard of. You're basically throwing a bomb inside your body to clear off... some face pimples... o.0. I strongly advise you never to use it anymore, for the very sake of your health.

I mean... if you're in such despair with such mild facial skin problem, wonder if you would have burned your whole face in a grease fire. Wonder if you knew that your skin would never be normal again. I could send you a picture of my forehead, which hasn't got any pimple at the moment, any rash, perfectly clean, and you'd prefer to have cystic acne in your forehead rather than have my rash-pimple-clean forehead, which looks like cooked meat. And I'm only 20.

Sorry if my intentions seem bad or ironic in this post, but I just wanted to tell you to relax about it. It's not such a big deal! Girls won't stop looking at you for it, as they didn't stop looking at me also. People won't start judging you for it, as they didn't start judging me also. (And if they do, just fuck'em! :D) Stick to the diet as much as you can, as I'm sure there will be a time when it will make all the sense to you, both for your body and mind. And about the social problems, be comprehensive that 99.99999% of the people have never heard of this diet before, and it's EXTREMELY different from their "normal" diets. Don't stop going out for a dinner with your friends for it. Just take some dried/fresh/juiced fruits and OO and eat right there... that's what I do, and fuck who doesn't like it!

Just give it a little more time for your skin to regain its balance.

And if you think it's hormonal, you could try some specific herbs. I'm not the best person to tell you about it tough.

Anyway... just my humble opinion. Wish you the best luck!
What I have is acne. Look at this pic of my forehead.

I am just so surprised and confused about the effect this diet has had on my acne. None. It got WORSE!! And I for one CAN'T STAND IT. WHY ISN'T THE DIET WORKING?!?! I'VE FOLLOWED IT LIKE A FUCKING RELIGION FOR 90 FULL DAYS!!!

I'm definitely taking accutane again. I don't care what the long-term effects are. I see a lot of people around me, who start balding. I'm the one who has taken accutane for 2 years and that's supposed to make you start going bald and guess what?! My hair is untouched. Side-effect this, side-effect that. I don't want to have this acne shit all through my 20s, making sure I live 'well' and 'healthy', when I could have clear skin on accutane, which maybe wouldn't affect me that much at all long term.

I've gone to the sole core of this problem. My diet. It is SO restricted and basic; SO much according to evolution and what not. The theories make SO much sense. But it just doesn't work. It doesn't. 3 months of sacrifice. Living on 30 g of protein a day.

I'm not going to expect anything anymore for the following months, letting the accutane kick in. Not gonna focus on girls, nothing. I'm gonna hopefully do stuff that will benefit me in the long run. Bulk up. Study. Bulking up is something I was always afraid to do, as it might detract from my overall appearance (being 15% BF instead of 6%). This made it difficult for me to add solid pounds to my frame. But now? My face is already fucked up so I might as well add insult to injury by gaining some decent amount of fat and hopefully muscle, and look like I don't give a flying fuck about my appearance.

Phew... That's what was on my current mind. Not sure if I'm going to agree with that when I read it later on but IDC.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Hi Squash!
I just wanted to say, that before on the wai diet I always ate to much at once, maybe 2 or 3 fruits at one meal.
But now I found out that that is way to much to eat at once. Even only one whole fruit at one meal is too much for me.
As soon as I started to eat really -really- small "meals", but very very frequently it made a very big difference and the skin got much better!
I think I read somewhere here in your diary that you eat 10 meals a day. Try to increase the amount of meals, and eat like... every 10-15 minutes, but just very very little at once. For me this was what made the difference.
I really hope that you will try this and not give up. Remember that you are not alone! :)
A bit beyond perceptions reach
I sometimes believe I see
that life is two locked boxes, each
containing the others key -Piet Hein
mario91

Post by mario91 »

Squash:

I really don't understand why you are so messed up about your mild acne!! My forehead, which has no pimples, looks way worse than yours, and I don't even give a damn!

By the way, it doesn't really seem like the most common acne. I see your forehead is extremely oily, and, at the same time, looks flaking and irritated! These symptoms seem very clear to me: they are due to the tanning accident + the use of Accutane. These 2 extra irritating, extra skin-unbalancing agents made your skin become like this. And possibily other agents, such as the products you have used during all these years, etc. Maybe it has even an hormonal role, and in that case you could try herbs, for they are the only method to re-balance your hormones - Accutane will only worsen it. Perhaps RRM or Oscar could tell you a bit more about all this, for they should know a million times more than me.

Accutane will not only worsen your skin, drying it and unbalancing it, but most important, it will unbalance your organism. I don't mean to offend you, but throwing an atomic bomb, with hundreds of serious side effects, some of them still unknown, just to clear the few pimples you have, is the dumbest thing you can do now. Your hair is untouched? Good for you. But you think that's among the worst side effects of Accutane? Then you should definitively google for "accutane side effects".

I just wanted to make you know that acne is not the most important thing in the world! Specially yours, which imo is quite mild. What you need now is your skin to recover, to regain it's natural balance. Only that way you will look good again. And only time + Wai Diet will get you this. You gotta keep on with the diet, give it more time. Give YOUR SKIN more time.
waipete

Post by waipete »

Squash man, before you try accutane just see how your skin reacts to normal food... Eat normal food for 1 day or something then see how your skin reacts. I think what will most likely happen is you'll break out badly, and by then you will know the power of the diet, thats the only way I found out. The diet doesn't clear me up 100% and my skin doesn't look perfect but I know it helps by reducing my acne by about 93%, I used to have 50 new pimples a day now I only have about 2-4 a day after 2 weeks of not even being 100% of the diet. So I really suggest you just experiment and see if the diet is even doing anything for you, before you go do something drastic like accutane, I remember RRM saying the tightening effects of accutane can last easily 6 months. I would never go back on accutane, it's ruined my eyes, had also embarrassing problems due to accutane, why risk IBS and Chron's disease.

Also my face doesn't get oily much anymore, I think it was just a phase perhaps it could be for your too.
Squash

Post by Squash »

Goldrandy wrote:Hi Squash!
I just wanted to say, that before on the wai diet I always ate to much at once, maybe 2 or 3 fruits at one meal.
But now I found out that that is way to much to eat at once. Even only one whole fruit at one meal is too much for me.
As soon as I started to eat really -really- small "meals", but very very frequently it made a very big difference and the skin got much better!
I think I read somewhere here in your diary that you eat 10 meals a day. Try to increase the amount of meals, and eat like... every 10-15 minutes, but just very very little at once. For me this was what made the difference.
I really hope that you will try this and not give up. Remember that you are not alone! :)
I thought the oil was supposed to do that work FOR me. At least, according to the Wai theories.
mario91 wrote:Squash:

I really don't understand why you are so messed up about your mild acne!! My forehead, which has no pimples, looks way worse than yours, and I don't even give a damn!

By the way, it doesn't really seem like the most common acne. I see your forehead is extremely oily, and, at the same time, looks flaking and irritated! These symptoms seem very clear to me: they are due to the tanning accident + the use of Accutane. These 2 extra irritating, extra skin-unbalancing agents made your skin become like this. And possibily other agents, such as the products you have used during all these years, etc. Maybe it has even an hormonal role, and in that case you could try herbs, for they are the only method to re-balance your hormones - Accutane will only worsen it. Perhaps RRM or Oscar could tell you a bit more about all this, for they should know a million times more than me.

Accutane will not only worsen your skin, drying it and unbalancing it, but most important, it will unbalance your organism. I don't mean to offend you, but throwing an atomic bomb, with hundreds of serious side effects, some of them still unknown, just to clear the few pimples you have, is the dumbest thing you can do now. Your hair is untouched? Good for you. But you think that's among the worst side effects of Accutane? Then you should definitively google for "accutane side effects".

I just wanted to make you know that acne is not the most important thing in the world! Specially yours, which imo is quite mild. What you need now is your skin to recover, to regain it's natural balance. Only that way you will look good again. And only time + Wai Diet will get you this. You gotta keep on with the diet, give it more time. Give YOUR SKIN more time.
I haven't used Accutane in 72 days. The pimples that are now starting to develop look nothing like heat rash, but like ordinairy acne. I Have yet to find instances of heat rash that take more than 6 weeks (that's how long it's been since tanning incident) to heal. If you're saying to wait it out, wait 'til my body is completely clear of the Accutane and lingering effects of tanning bed, you're asking me too much. It might take many more months, as my skin is now at its worst. Still, what if it's not going to 'rebalance'? All that would've been for nothing.

I know about potential side effects of accutane. Blindness, irreversably damaged joints, liver disfunction, bone disease, mental breakdown (brain damage) etc. etc. I'm not willing to look like this having witnessed how it is to not have that much acne earlier in life. I see so many people doing whatever, without any problems... I can't handle acne atm.

I really appreciate all of your support. You are good people.
Squash

Post by Squash »

waipete wrote:Squash man, before you try accutane just see how your skin reacts to normal food... Eat normal food for 1 day or something then see how your skin reacts. I think what will most likely happen is you'll break out badly, and by then you will know the power of the diet, thats the only way I found out.
That's actually a very good idea, but I am scared to death that I might inflict some irreversible damage that way, that I might cause some scarring forming acne.
The diet doesn't clear me up 100% and my skin doesn't look perfect but I know it helps by reducing my acne by about 93%, I used to have 50 new pimples a day now I only have about 2-4 a day after 2 weeks of not even being 100% of the diet. So I really suggest you just experiment and see if the diet is even doing anything for you, before you go do something drastic like accutane, I remember RRM saying the tightening effects of accutane can last easily 6 months. I would never go back on accutane, it's ruined my eyes, had also embarrassing problems due to accutane, why risk IBS and Chron's disease.

Also my face doesn't get oily much anymore, I think it was just a phase perhaps it could be for your too.
Tightening effects of Accutane? Really? ...
So Accutane has both anti-sebum effects and tightening effects. The anti-sebum effect in my case has lingered off, while the tightening effect is still there? Really? Do you really want me to give it a go 100% for 3 more months, not really knowing whether or not this tightening effect is reality of fantasy? I don't know whether I can take that, Pete.

The side-effects of Accutane? I look at it this way:
A traditional course of accutane prescribes about 20mg/day the first month, 40 mg/day the second month and 80 mg/day the last 4 months. This makes the total amount of Accutane ingested 30*20 + 30*40 + 4*30*80 = 11400 mg (11,4 g)

For me, to get the amount of Accutane that's ingested in one traditional course, by my low-dose means, takes 11400/10 = 1140 days, which is 3.1 years. By the time I've had one course of Accutane, I will be 22 years old, which, by looking at old photos from my dad, is the time my acne subsides naturally. At that point I would be able to stop it.

The thing that's still bugging me is this so-called tightening effect of Accutane. Can anyone establish this or explain the mechanisms/proof of it?
Squash

Post by Squash »

I also don't think my body lacks 'specific herbs'. During evolution, I don't think the human body's been in contact with specific herbs enough to be dependant on it in order to be well and show no signs of acne.

My new theory is that I was born with a disabilitized skin. Notice how some egg yolks are deep orange and some are pale yellow of color? It has to do with the mother's diet. It apparently affects the characteristics of the newborn, just as Accutane can cause birth defects. My mother's diet and everyone before her was the Standard American Diet. This diet may have caused similar birth defects (which show symptoms of acne on my skin), which are irreversible.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

72 days post-Accutane is nothing. 6 weeks past the tanning accident, nothing again. You should wait, like at least a few more months to get clear from irritated-flaking-superoily skin. And, with Wai Diet, IT WILL happen, unless you are among the 5% of people whose acne is due to hormonal unbalance.

I tell you again that using Accutane, for any case, is the peak of stupidity. For yours, it might even exceed that. Sorry the rough words, but I got a long term friend who also got mild acne like yours and went on Accutane, short time ago, and I got quite frustrated with it. But oh well... I think there's nothing much I can say to you. You have been warned, it's now your decision only.

About the herbs, you're right, no body lacks specific herbs. No body depends on them. Herbs are remedies, medicines. Pharmaceutical medicines are made from herbs - herbs contain the active substances of those medicines. What I was telling you was that, if you think your acne is hormonal, you could try herbs, as medicine - as the most natural, less side-effected, most secure, and probably most effective medicine to get you some hormonal balance.

About your theory of being born with disabilitized skin, I think it's very unlikely. You'd got to have some quite rare disease. Of course some people have been born with better skin than others, but not to that point I guess.

Overall, I see you are very down with this, but man... don't be. Cheer up! It's just a few pimples. And mild ones. I've been through a lot worse. Don't let that ruin your life, your health, you head. Tolerate them for a while - yes, you can handle acne, you must! - and, with time, with diet, with no more harsh chemicals, maybe with a little herbs it it's really hormonal, they will for sure go away. Wish you the best luck again. Don't give up on yourself!
Squash

Post by Squash »

mario91 wrote:72 days post-Accutane is nothing. 6 weeks past the tanning accident, nothing again. You should wait, like at least a few more months to get clear from irritated-flaking-superoily skin. And, with Wai Diet, IT WILL happen, unless you are among the 5% of people whose acne is due to hormonal unbalance.

I tell you again that using Accutane, for any case, is the peak of stupidity. For yours, it might even exceed that. Sorry the rough words, but I got a long term friend who also got mild acne like yours and went on Accutane, short time ago, and I got quite frustrated with it. But oh well... I think there's nothing much I can say to you. You have been warned, it's now your decision only.

About the herbs, you're right, no body lacks specific herbs. No body depends on them. Herbs are remedies, medicines. Pharmaceutical medicines are made from herbs - herbs contain the active substances of those medicines. What I was telling you was that, if you think your acne is hormonal, you could try herbs, as medicine - as the most natural, less side-effected, most secure, and probably most effective medicine to get you some hormonal balance.

About your theory of being born with disabilitized skin, I think it's very unlikely. You'd got to have some quite rare disease. Of course some people have been born with better skin than others, but not to that point I guess.

Overall, I see you are very down with this, but man... don't be. Cheer up! It's just a few pimples. And mild ones. I've been through a lot worse. Don't let that ruin your life, your health, you head. Tolerate them for a while - yes, you can handle acne, you must! - and, with time, with diet, with no more harsh chemicals, maybe with a little herbs it it's really hormonal, they will for sure go away. Wish you the best luck again. Don't give up on yourself!
All of the former side-effects I had from Accutane are GONE. I really doubt the skin tightness is the only one that's left. You have to also remember that my dosage wasn't ordinairy. It wasn't 80mg a day, and the more accutane is in your system (and thus how severe side-effects are), the longer the acne takes to come back after you've stopped taking the pills. My dosage was 10 mg a day with VERY mild side-effects (my lips were dry and occasional nose-bleeds/itchiness in skin. That's all).

Another very interesting thing is that my brother, who also has acne problems, quit Accutane the very same day I did. The only difference was the fact that he was taking 40 mg a day (and had for 6+ months). He eats whatever he wants (lots of fast food), takes creatine, misses sleep bc of nights out, yet his acne has only gotten a little worse since stopping 'tane. I'm guessing there's still a little Accutane left in his system.

Waipete, I have a family birthday coming up. I could use that day as my 'cheat' day and heavily monitor any changes in my skin (by taking photos). I'm not sure yet, though.
Squash

Post by Squash »

Day 46 of Photo Log
Day 98 on Wai diet
Day 81 post Accutane
Day 3 ON Accutane (20 mg/day)

sorry for the dirty 'stache

Yesterday's diet:
- Orange juice (freshly squeezed, non-organic)
- Apples (peeled)
- Bananas (organic)
- Avocados (organic)
- Low mineral water
- Egg yolks (organic)
- Salmon (farmed, fatty)
- Sugar

Totals: ~3000 kcal - 50g protein - 150g fat - 350g carbs

Yesterday's routine:
- Didn't wash face
- No workout
- 10 mg Loratadine
- 20 mg Accutane

Overall routine:
- Working out intensely, full body, 3 times a week
- Washing face with low-mineral water every other day
Squash

Post by Squash »

What I notice is that I've started to develop some 'big' acne lesions. Ones that are not tiny, like all the others. This MIGHT be due to the fact that since a week I've started working out intensely (more Testosterone) and have upped my protein for 30 to 45 grams. Especially my forehead is covered in these 'bigger' spots. What's very stupid is that I have no reference pic of my forehead a week ago... So that really sucks..

I'm working out tonight, though. And I'm going to make it a heavy one. I'm curious to see if it's (the temporary rise ('bout 50%) in Testosterone, which tapers off in a couple hours time) going to reflect in my skin the day after. We'll see.
Squash

Post by Squash »

Day 47 of Photo Log
Day 99 on Wai diet
Day 82 post Accutane
Day 4 ON Accutane (20 mg/day)

Commentary:
My cheek has dried up substantially. There is no more grease visible (reflecting from camera-flash). This could be because I washed my face last night, because of the Accutane, or a combination of both. My cheeks definitely feel 'itchy, dry and tight' today. Something I hadn't felt in a while. It might be beneficial to apply some coconut oil to prevent this feeling (and my skin drying out too much).

My forehead seems to be as greasy as yesterday, but also displays less redness (+healing lesions), and I haven't really seen new spots coming up.

Yesterday's workout doesn't seem to have caused a significant short-term impact on my acne, which I was delighted to discover.

The horror-feeling I get when I see the pic of my cheek, and especially the nervousness leading up to seeing the pic always gets me badly. Still keeping my head up high and hoping for better times.

Yesterday's diet:
- Apples (peeled)
- Bananas (organic)
- Avocados (organic)
- Low mineral water
- Egg yolks (organic)
- Salmon (farmed, fatty)
- Sugar

Totals: ~3000 kcal - 50g protein - 150g fat - 350g carbs

Yesterday's routine:
- Washed face with mineral water
- Worked out intensely, full body, compound movements
- 10 mg Loratadine
- 20 mg Accutane

Overall routine:
- Working out intensely, full body, 3 times a week
- Washing face with low-mineral water every other day
Squash

Post by Squash »

Day 49 of Photo Log
Day 101 on Wai diet
Day 84 post Accutane
Day 6 ON Accutane (20 mg/day)

Commentary:
My cheek shows (almost) no new lesions forming, which is surprising, as I've upped my kcals and protein the last couple of days (to 3500-4000 and 60 g protein). Higher energy intake seems to correlate with higher Testosterone production, which is a positive factor in sebum production. My forehead also refuses to have new lesions forming on it, which, of course, is good. It also seems less red/inflamed/irritated, but this could have something to do with some lighting difference between this and the other pictures (although I try to minimize this).

Other than that, skin is feeling dry and itchy, which is expected when on Accutane.

Yesterday's diet:
- Apples (peeled)
- Bananas (organic)
- Avocados (organic)
- Low mineral water
- Egg yolks (organic)
- Salmon (farmed, fatty)
- Sugar

Totals: ~3500 kcal - 60g protein - 150g fat - 350g carbs

Yesterday's routine:
- Washed face with mineral water
- Worked out intensely, full body, compound movements
- 10 mg Loratadine