Self tanning lotions and acne

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
Squash
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Self tanning lotions and acne

Post by Squash »

So, because a lot of face cremes (e.g. benzoyl peroxide, tretinoin) and pills (accutane) my face has gotten discolored. It's unable to get a decent tan, it mostly gets pink, while the rest of my body tans perfectly.

Very frustrating. Does anyone know if this effect of medication on the skin lingers off after a while? I've personally stopped accutane about 1-2 months ago.

So, I was thinking about maybe using a self tanning lotion (the extremes I go...), which I have done in the past (I've used Fake Bake, which didn't seem to break my skin out AT ALL). BUT then I saw this video: Click

Do these Maillard reaction products get in the skin/lymph express, thus causing water retention?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Self tanning lotions and acne

Post by RRM »

Squash wrote:Does anyone know if this effect of medication on the skin lingers off after a while?
Yes, it lingers off.
I've personally stopped accutane about 1-2 months ago.
It may take much longer than that; your skin needs to fully recover.
I was thinking about maybe using a self tanning lotion
So, you want to trigger an effect from your skin that it is not ready for?
You want to force it to get some color by the use of chemicals, which it currently cannot get naturally, due to exposure to harsh chemicals...
Can you see how bad this plan is?
Please let your skin recover first; it takes time to heal.
Squash

Re: Self tanning lotions and acne

Post by Squash »

Thanks RRM for your quick answer. I'm going to be very cautious indeed, because some self tanners HAVE caused skin rashes in the past (the only one that didn't was indeed Fake Bake).

Thanks again.