Stress?

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
somebodyelse
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Stress

Post by somebodyelse »

Is there even any point on trying the diet if im under bad stress?Or will I just not get clear and end up staying on it for to long and not be able to follow it?Does everyone get deppressed when there blood sugar spikes or not?I guess this would be easy if you weren't under stress but then mabye I wouldn't have acne at all.Ive already been messing with this for over six months and I somehow missed the part where you use the calculator to find out how much fat to take with fruit.Then the other times I was doing it completely wrong like only taking raw eggs and hardly any fruit and the wrong amount of fat or just raw egg and no meat with other regular food.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Stress

Post by RRM »

somebodyelse wrote:Is there even any point on trying the diet if im under bad stress?
Its not the first time you ask us about this diet.
Just do it 100% for a few weeks and make sure to read the diet rules first.
Yes, stress can cause acne.
Acne is caused by the combination of producing much sebum and pinched off sebum canals.
One can be genetically disposed to producing much sebum, or stimulated by high levels of specific hormones (eg testosterone) or in response to the outer skin being too dry.
Pinched off sebum canals can be caused too much hydrophylic compounds (eg salt, protein) in the true skin (the layer below the outer skin, containing the sebum canals).
Stress can cause acne through the stress hormones, such as cortisol. High levels of cortisol will stimulate the breakdown of cell proteins (for energy), and particularly when these protein chuncks are not used for energy (eg when there is no flight response), they may end up in the true skin, prior to being cleaned up during the night. In the meantime, they may cause water retention in the true skin, which may cause acne if your subum production is relatively high as well.
Last edited by RRM on Mon 06 Nov 2006 19:10, edited 2 times in total.
rischott

Post by rischott »

This diet has helped me get rid of stress and anxiety. So, YES, go on the diet for stress.
WaiWay

Stress?

Post by WaiWay »

I understand stress and acne are related. I understand how stress can aggravate existing acne, but can stress CAUSE a a closed sebum canal, just by itself?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Stress?

Post by RRM »

Yes, because stress can cause water retention. Please read the explanation above.
WaiWay

Post by WaiWay »

RRM wrote:Yes, because stress can cause water retention. Please read the explanation above.
Thank you RRM. I tried searching for something like this and nothing came up :/
dime

Post by dime »

WaiWay wrote:I understand how stress can aggravate existing acne
How, I'm curious?
WaiWay

Post by WaiWay »

dime wrote:
WaiWay wrote:I understand how stress can aggravate existing acne
How, I'm curious?
Dime, this source indicates how: http://www.acne.org/stress-and-acne.html
dime

Post by dime »

But this is not about aggravating existing acne, but exactly how can stress CAUSE acne, isn't it?
WaiWay

Post by WaiWay »

dime wrote:But this is not about aggravating existing acne, but exactly how can stress CAUSE acne, isn't it?
Now I'm curious...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

man...