Inactivity After Protein

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
WaiWay
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Inactivity After Protein

Post by WaiWay »

Since we're supposed to remain inactive after we ingest protein for an hour and a half, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to eat egg yolk/sashimi before you go to bed. Would this impact sleep negatively in any way? I seem to sleep fine, but I was wondering if it put unnecessary work on my body.
Kasper

Re: Inactivity After Protein

Post by Kasper »

Hm.. good question.
I think it's better to eat it at least 1 and half hour before bedtime.
As digestion don't seem to be optimal while sleeping/laying horizontal.

Same goes for slouching/bad posture. I can imagine being active can cause problems for digestion, but I think bad posture/slouching can have the same effects. As it will impair optimal blood circulation.
dime

Post by dime »

You won't put any unnecessary work on your body don't worry, because you anyway have to digest those proteins eventually at some time.
As long as it doesn't interrupt your sleep there's no reason to be concerned.
fictor

Post by fictor »

I try to eat my "dinner" of yolks, fish or meat 1-2 hour before bedtime, and just have some juice after, before going to bed. However, I often dont get the time to, so I end up eating my animal foods right before going to bed. I never had any problems with this, but tend to dream more, or remember my dreams more, when I do eat it just before I go to bed.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

WaiWay wrote:Since we're supposed to remain inactive after we ingest protein for an hour and a half, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to eat egg yolk/sashimi before you go to bed. Would this impact sleep negatively in any way? I seem to sleep fine, but I was wondering if it put unnecessary work on my body.
I don't think so. If it works for you, then do it.