Digestion and Acne

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
WaiWay
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Digestion and Acne

Post by WaiWay »

Hey all,

I was re-reading the freeacnebook and it said somewhere that proper digestion is very important in regards to clearing up your skin. This made me question my posture. Although, not in the sample diet instructions, is it important I have proper posture after eating sashimi/egg yolk, or just and foods in general? At my school the chairs don't really have any back support so I tend to slouch in awkward positions.

What do you guys think?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Digestion and Acne

Post by RRM »

I think that antinutrients, physical activity, proper chewing etc have more influence than posture.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Some things I learned from normalbreathing.com:

- Good posture increases your blood flow, especially the blood flow of your digestive tract.
- Proper chewing is most important for your digestion.
- Egg yolks help digesting the fats.
- Never ever mix starches and protein
- Insoluble fibres (like those on the skin of tomatoes) are very hard to digest
- Mechanical vibration helps digesting food. Sitting in a bus/train gives already enough vibration to speed up digestion.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good posture is always better than bad posture, but if it has a significant influence on digestion remains to be seen.
WaiWay

Post by WaiWay »

Why would foods that are hard to digest have an correlation to acne? How would they cause water retention? How can anything, purely raw cause water retention by itself (not consuming clean protein with it)? Items such as onions and garlic.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Good question.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think it's the other way around: generally the foods that cause acne (heated protein) are also hard to digest.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

WaiWay wrote:Why would foods that are hard to digest have an correlation to acne?
The acne sample diet needs to exclude any possible cause of acne, so that its a safe haven.
Protein digestion may get impaired by hard-to-digest foods, as some of their consituents may interact with proteins.
Normally, dietary protein is already not entirely broken down to amino acids prior to absorption,
depending on various factors influencing effectiveness of protein digestion in the digestive tract.
Once in the bloodstream, peptides are also converted into free amino acids,
but this may take a while, and if a lot of peptides end up in the lymphe,
this may cause water retention in the meantime.
To ensure optimum protein digestion, one needs to avoid hard-to-digest foods,
until its time for experimentation.
Oscar wrote:I think it's the other way around: generally the foods that cause acne (heated protein) are also hard to digest.
Thats true as well.
WaiWay

Post by WaiWay »

RRM, since the digestion of clean protein will complete terminate after a set time (I think it's 8 hours), how could it possibly cause any problems? I'm aware I can experiment; I was just curious on the scientific process of this specifically. What if I were to eat my protein in the morning, then 12 hours later consume raw vegetables?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

WaiWay wrote:RRM, since the digestion of clean protein will complete terminate after a set time (I think it's 8 hours), how could it possibly cause any problems?
Consuming too much protein may cause acne because even when consuming raw animal food only in one meal,
still part of that protein will not be totally degraded to free amino acids.
The more protein consumed, the more peptides will end up in the blood and lymphe.
The more peptides and amino acids, the greater their hydrophilic infuence.
What if I were to eat my protein in the morning, then 12 hours later consume raw vegetables?
Raw vegetables may take a long time to digest, which could influence protein digestion of the next meal.