Swollen Lymph Nodes?

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
mystrilw
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Swollen Lymph Nodes?

Post by mystrilw »

Hi forumers. I am Male22 177cm/68kg. Taken x2 Accutane during Teens. Over the course of 2-3 months, I have slowly adapted my habits to Wai Diet. Of course I am still 60% on my way. I am writing a thread here because I am worried about my large swollen "lymph nodes". Are those lymph nodes infection to begin with? I am lost. Please guide me.

0% on Wai Diet
Awful acne, pus and heads, swollen "lymph nodes" on face (slow and squishy --> hard --> emission of lymph [yellowish light liquid]), Eczema quite bad

60% on Wai Diet
Acne has reduced visibly, only some pus and red spots. Eczema improved but not contained. However I still have swollen lymph nodes especially along. Soemtimes these swollen "lymph nodes" goes from (hard --> soft --> disappear)
i. Side of my Jaws
ii. Back of my ears extending to my neck

1. Is this something I should be concern about? These "lymph nodes" do not have a head. Are they Acne to begin with?
2. I try my best to change my diet by slowly adapting. I admit, I still need more work.

Best Regards,
mystrilw
RRM
Administrator

Re: Swollen Lymph Nodes?

Post by RRM »

Welcome mystrilw,
mystrilw wrote:I am worried about my large swollen "lymph nodes". Are those lymph nodes infection to begin with? I am lost. Please guide me.
Here is a 'lymph node map'; are ALL your infections on locations where lymph nodes are?
Facial lymph nodes.png
Or do/did you have acne on different locations as well?
Soemtimes these swollen "lymph nodes" goes from (hard --> soft --> disappear)
Thats quite normal.
A low protein diet speeds up that process.
i. Side of my Jaws
ii. Back of my ears extending to my neck
Yes, these are lymph nodes, which get swollen when the immune system is fighting an infection,
or as a symptom of many diseases,
but they are also susceptible to water retention caused by excess protein,
as excess protein specifically (temporarily) ends up in the lymphe system.
As opposed to the blood system, which is actively supported by the pumping heart,
the lymph system is not. Its more passive, and therefore more susceptible to blockades.
If the water retention results in some sort of blockade, inflammation may occur.
Inflammation of a lymph node is called lymphadenitis.
From Wikipedia
Lymph node.jpg
(1) capsule
(2) subcapsular sinus
(3) germinal centers
(4) lymphoid nodule
(5) trabeculae
The capsule around the lymph node is fibrous and branches inside.
The lymph (fluid) drains from the lymphatic vessels into the node just beneath the capsule (in the subcapsular sinus),
and from there to the trabecular sinuses, and eventually the medullary sinuses.
Lymph node scheme.png
1. Is this something I should be concern about? These "lymph nodes" do not have a head. Are they Acne to begin with?
If there is a lot of water retention, resulting in a blockade to some extend,
an eventual inflammation may get a head.
2. I try my best to change my diet by slowly adapting.
Why dont you just jump into it? (the 100% strict version)
The results will probably be spectacular.
I did have exactly the same lymph node infections, sometimes up to over an inch in diameter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dime

Post by dime »

I've had one under the armpit and one on the side of the neck. Both really big and sometimes painful, I think they appeared because of some infection/too much bacteria, because at that time I was eating raw ground beef.
mystrilw

Post by mystrilw »

Or do/did you have acne on different locations as well?
Yes. The serious swells are at the lymph nodes location. The acne on other non-lymph areas are just small pimples and pus.

Update 23/Oct
I squeezed out a head out from a "Lymph Node" cyst 1 day ago. The contents were surprisingly low in trapped solid sebum & inflammation but more onto the yellow lymph liquid & blood. It takes 1-2 days to swell down.

I have a Supramandibular gland swelling up right now with a head. Oh gosh. I deeply regretted going out today. I just realized how bad it was until I got home and took a look at the mirror..

Almost all of my serious disfiguring acne are along the lines of the Lymph channels. Particularly on the nodes.

Question
Dear Forumers, may I know why these Lymph node swells up exclusively? It's much terrible than regular acne.

Aside from going low protein diet, does -- lymphatic massage, jumping up and down, hot and cold showers which help fasten lymph movement -- aids in reducing these swells?
dime

Post by dime »

Wait, so are you lymph nodes swollen, or you call the acne lymph nodes? I'm confused.
mystrilw

Post by mystrilw »

Wait, so are you lymph nodes swollen, or you call the acne lymph nodes? I'm confused.
Hi dime. Sorry for the confusing writeup. According to my observations for my acne past 5 years.

Lymph Node swollen --> 2 Path Ways (A/B)

The Normal Node Infection
(A) Lymph Node swollen --> Swells up --> Firm to touch --> Swells down --> Soft to touch --> Disappears

The Node Infection + Inflammation
(B) Lymph Node swollen --> Swells up --> Swells up --> Firm --> Solid --> Head forms --> Purge --> Swells down --> Soft to touch --> Takes a while to disappear

I don't know whether it's called Acne Lymph node or Lymph node infection. Do correct me if I'm misguided.
dime

Post by dime »

If you can squeeze and get stuff out of whatever is swollen then the swollen thing is certainly not a lymph node. Lymph nodes are below the skin, you can not simply squeeze them out.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dime wrote:If you can squeeze and get stuff out of whatever is swollen then the swollen thing is certainly not a lymph node. Lymph nodes are below the skin, you can not simply squeeze them out.
Once the lymph nodes get sufficiently inflammed (much water retention), the inflammation may eventually reach the surface of the skin, and then you can squeeze them out.
Here is a reported case of lymph node inflammations that eventually reach the surface of the skin, containing pus.
"inguinal lymph nodes that had progressively and bilaterally reddened and become painful, with fistulation of the skin and pus. Culture of a surgical sample identified Propionibacterium acnes."
mystrilw wrote:According to my observations for my acne past 5 years....
and mine...
mystrilw wrote:may I know why these Lymph node swells up exclusively? It's much terrible than regular acne.
Yes, thats because its about lymphe here; one of the functions of lymphe fluid is to cause swelling whenever required. (as in the case of inflammation).
This may cause huge swellings. Really huge. :(
Cysts readily form in lymph nodes because its the lymph that transports excess and/or dirty protein to the skin,
prior to the elimination of that protein mainly during the night, when the lymph transports protein the opposite way (mainly to the liver).
More info here: http://www.freeacnebook.com/01-10.htm#05
dime

Post by dime »

RRM wrote:Once the lymph nodes get sufficiently inflammed (much water retention), the inflammation may eventually reach the surface of the skin, and then you can squeeze them out.
Hm strange, in my mind I imagine squeezing a lymph node pretty much like squeezing a vein!
mystrilw

Post by mystrilw »

RRM wrote:Cysts readily form in lymph nodes
Thank you for your explanation
This might explain why my..
Facial Nodes Swells up first-hand (16-24hrs after "dirty" meal) >> followed by Acne in other non-lymph node areas (approx 24-48+hrs after "dirty" meal).

One burning question
When I was in my teens (13-18), such lymph node swelling is uncommon. However after the age of 19-20, I started having them on a much regular basis (2-4 big swells/month). My diet didn't differ much in my 10's. That was before I knew about Wai Diet.

At the age of 22, I am started to have much more of such Swells compared to the Acne I frequently had in my teens, even with a 60% strict diet. I am going 100% after today's humbling lesson.

Is there a correlation between Age and these Lymph Node infections? I am very curious.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dime wrote:Hm strange, in my mind I imagine squeezing a lymph node pretty much like squeezing a vein!
True, but now imagine that vein getting blocked on both ends,
and containing an inflammation in the middle, including pus.
If the blockade is severe enough, and the skin is not too far away,
there may be only one way out for that inflammation: through the skin.
mystrilw wrote: Is there a correlation between Age and these Lymph Node infections?
Yes. As you age, you will need less protein for growth, so that excess protein will more readily cause water retention.
As you age, you will also leave puberty behind, which generally means less fluctuating hormones.
So, the the sebum factor will become less important, and the swelling more.
With less sebum, you will be less susceptible to 'normal acne', or cystic acne (acne conglobata),
and due to more water retention you will be more susceptible to lymph node cysts.

In my case the production of sebum did not go down until the age of 45, so consider yourself lucky!
mystrilw

Post by mystrilw »

Update 26/10

A simple conscious effort to avoid processed or cooked food --> 75% down in swelling in infected lymph nodes already! Lots of Fruits OO etc.

What I realized that happened to me
1) Sleep early --> protein in lymphe breaks down to energy during sleep --> clearer skin
2) Infection no longer result in heads --> Swells down and disappears

Managing protein intake is key for me. Thankfully, I learnt my lesson and will continue to be much more vigilant in my diet.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good :)