Acne & sunlight exposure

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
alqazaha
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Acne & sunlight exposure

Post by alqazaha »

I haven't posted in a long time so here is my update. In the summer, I started taking a plant-based multivitamin and omega-3s and with 15 minutes of walking in the sun each day. I was able to eat cooked eggs, rye bread, peanut butter, hot chocolate, cooked veggies, cooked beans, lots of salt, and fruits and veggies without breaking out each day. Dairy was breaking me out though and rice. After 6 weeks on this diet the sun went away so I went back to the wai diet because I couldn't tolerate cooked foods any longer. My skin is 100% clear now but I am still taking the plant multivitamins and omega-3s and I am not benefiting from them without sunlight. I can't tolerate cooked eggs or hot chocolate or any cooked foods. I can eat 1 cooked food every few days but if I do it every day then my skin breaks out which is weird even though I eat little damaged proteins. Salt doesn't seem to affect me much if I eat 100% wai. What do you think happened that made my skin tolerate the cooked foods? Do you think a UVB lamp is going to produce a similar effect to the sun light? I don't have craving for cooked food but it feels better eating cooked proteins every day lol.
RRM
Administrator

Re: weird things happened

Post by RRM »

alqazaha wrote:I was able to eat ... without breaking out each day.
Does this mean that you DID get the occasional pimple?
Dairy was breaking me out though and rice.
Ah, so that's a "yes"
After 6 weeks on this diet ...I couldn't tolerate cooked foods any longer.
You mean: it got progressively worse, right?
My skin is 100% clear now but I am still taking the plant multivitamins and omega-3s and I am not benefiting from them without sunlight.
Huh?
What do you mean: "im not benefitting from them"?
"Them" is the vitamins and omega 3s?
What is the basis of your notion that you are "not benefitting from them"?
if I do it every day then my skin breaks out which is weird even though I eat little damaged proteins.
That's actually normal.
How much 'dirty protein' your skin may tolerate is individually different (and may change with time)
Salt doesn't seem to affect me much if I eat 100% wai.
That probably depends on the amount.
What do you think happened that made my skin tolerate the cooked foods?
You DID get the occasional pimple, right?
Sunlight exposure dries out the outer layer of the skin, just like many topical acne treatments do.
Eventually, your skin will adjust to the prolonged sunlight exposure and increase sebum production,
so that you may initially see beneficial effects, which will fade away after a couple weeks (up to months).
So, what you experienced is perfectly logical.
Do you think a UVB lamp is going to produce a similar effect to the sun light?
If your skin has adjusted (back) to little sun-exposure, Initially, yes.
But that will also not last...
alqazaha

Re: Acne & sunlight exposure

Post by alqazaha »

The bread, cooked eggs, beans, and the other cooked foods didn't cause any acne. I had a maximum of 1 pimple every time i ate meat. this was really nice because i was able to eat whatever i want except rice and dairy. i tried dairy but my skin started developing cystic acne so when i stopped eating it my acne became clear again. the sun light wasn't benefiting me at all before i started the multivitamin and omega3s but when i took them my skin became 100% clear within few days without changing anything else. i was thinking that the vitamins helped me convert the excess cholesterol that i got from the eggs to vitamin D so it didn't get converted to testosterone to affect acne. is this reasonable? i am still trying to figure out how much dirty protein i can eat. these days, if i eat cooked proteins it shows up on my skin within 30 minutes or it doesn't show up at all so i know which food caused it. this weekend, i found out that raw sprouted almonds break me out with 1 tiny pimple but salted nuts like almonds, cashews, and others didn't affect my skin. i spent a whole day eating just these with no problems. i also tried lots of pita bread with hummus without any effects on my skin, so in one day i ate more than 50 damaged proteins to see how my skin react. now my skin is 100% clear because the tiny pimple went away because i stopped eating raw almonds. cooking french fries with olive oil made me break out last week because i ate it twice in a row. i am planning to heat it in the over to see if it will affect my skin. is this a better than frying the potatoes? thanks a lot.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

alqazaha wrote: the sun light wasn't benefiting me at all before i started the multivitamin and omega3s but when i took them my skin became 100% clear within few days without changing anything else.
You have done this experiment once.
That is no basis for your conclusions; that its the omega-3s plus multivitamin.
When I was young, I always used the sun to clear my acne.
It always worked, after a while, and stopped working after a while longer.
If you think it was instead the omega-3s and multivitamin, they should always work.
Doing the experiment many times over, and half the time without supplements,
you would find out that its not the supplements.
One time experiences are usually just that.
If you want evidence, you need many experiences/experiments with the proper set of conditions.
i spent a whole day eating just these with no problems.
Even when I had severe acne, I hads many days without getting new acne.
So, one will find many correlations, that are actually false.
Again, for reliable conclusions you need thorough experimentation.
Not just random correlations.
cooking french fries with olive oil made me break out last week because i ate it twice in a row. i am planning to heat it in the over to see if it will affect my skin. is this a better than frying the potatoes? thanks a lot.
Yes, frying is worse.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

What do you think happened that made my skin tolerate the cooked foods? Do you think a UVB lamp is going to produce a similar effect to the sun light?
I haven't seen a study that show positive effects of UVB wavelengths to acne. Maybe it was something else.
There is study that shows that red wavelengths (630 nm) have beneficial effect in the treatment of acne vulgaris: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3352636/