Headache - energy intake - no stomach hunger

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
MarciavD
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Headache - energy intake - no stomach hunger

Post by MarciavD »

Hi everyone,

I started Wai sample diet (again) last Monday, in the first place for acne. I really suffer (mentally) from big
inflammations, not always very visible (thanks to my hair), but yet.. I am 31, too old for spots and they make
me quite insecure from time to time.. :(

I tried the diet two times before (last spring and two years ago) but I wasn't able to maintain due to different
causes. Now I am very motivated to really getting rid of my acne (and ofcourse I also hope to get a flat and stomach ;D )
I've been reading a lot on this forum (last weeks, but also last spring and a couple of years ago) and I think I understand quite well how the nutrition things work, but yet.. Some things I would like to ask, maybe you can help me reaching this glowing skin I dream of!

I started juicing, first two times I did not juice, but I guess juicing can make the difference between succes or failure?
I drink at least 1,5 L OJ with (a lot of) OO during the day and I bought a slowjuicer, so I can start experiment with other juices. Besides the juice, I eat a lot of fresh dates 500 gr. (with skin, should I really peel them?), a couple of bananas, 2 yolks, let's say 5 other fruits (without peel, but with OO or organic cold pressed coconut oil).

BUT.. now I wake up with a headache and this keeps on until evening. Could this be due to detoxing or should I upgrade my energy intake? Before I started Wai, I was a vegan (mostly raw till 4) so I did not eat a lot of junk.
I go walking (with my dog) 4 hours a day. Can it be true that I have to eat (or drink) alot to meet my energy requirements? Although I am very active and therefore use a lot of sugars, I don't measure my fat intake (I just poor the oil in my glass without a spoon or something) but I assume it's more like 1:1 ratio rather than 2:1. I estimate my intake is like 3000 cal. a day. I am 174 cm tall and my weight is 58 kg.

I am very suprised my stomach stopped sending 'hunger' signals. This is the first time I've experienced such a thing. Before I was always suffering from hunger I couldn't control. I don't have cravings last day, and I sip OJ whenever I get tired or moody. And that happens a lot.. :oops: And the headache is pretty annoying.
Maybe you guys have some thoughts on this?

Thanks!
RRM
Administrator

Re: Headache - energy intake - no stomach hunger

Post by RRM »

Im sorry for not responding swiftly; it was rather busy at work.
I am 31, too old for spots
It is just that we are more prone to acne as teenagers, due to hormonal changes,
but one may have acne at any age. Though the odds of having acne decrease with age.
I guess juicing can make the difference between succes or failure?
Absolutely.
Consuming whole fruits may cause swelling of the intestines due to gasses.
Consuming whole fruits, it may also be (too) hard to ingest sufficient energy every day.
I wake up with a headache and this keeps on until evening.
That is most probably due to a lack of energy.
Are you losing weight?
Another (less likely) possibility is an allergic-like-response to dietary serotonin (in dates and bananas, for example).
Could this be due to detoxing
Unlikely.
should I upgrade my energy intake?
Yes; more (sieved) juices and less whole fruits.
You may also add sugar to your juices.
Just notice the virtual immediate effects the sugar has (glucose for the brain very rapidly)
I am very suprised my stomach stopped sending 'hunger' signals.
This is another sign that you are probably undereating structurally;
ignoring your hunger signals constantly makes them go away much faster in comparison when 'listened to' occasionally,
which keeps those signals 'alive'.
Cravings are not necessarily caused by 'stomach hunger' only though, as they are also triggered by addiction.
Going 'cold turkey' rapidly deals with most types of cravings anyway.
Structurally ignoring your blood energy requirements also keeps energy-driven cravings at bay, which is not a good thing, of course,
resulting in loss of muscle weight and headaches.
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

Thanks RRM, for answering my questions (and moving my topic tot the right section). :)

I planned to drink only juices, but somehow that’s not easy for me.
I experience I really want to chew and I also long for fruits that aren’t so juicy / watery (like the bananas and dates).
But maybe that’s because I got used to eat them a lot. Is it possible I got addicted to dates? (or eating in general?)
I have to admit a day without dates nearly never happens and when it does, I think of them a lot...
Last month’s I’ve been consistently overeating dates (and bananas), that’s also why I gained 3 kg I guess (now I have a bit of fat on my belly and something more on my hips, which I really don’t like and don’t feel comfortable with and hoped to get rid of them with this diet ..).

But..: I did not lose any weight since I started Wai again.
And sometimes I think I'm still overeating on Wai, that’s why I did not understand my symptoms.
But you stated twice my symptoms point to a lack of energy. I assume you are right and my feelings are misleading. ;)
That could really be the case. My mind has a life of its own sometimes.

What do you think of my theory that I walk too much? Is there such a thing as ‘walking too much’?
According to my Garmin Vivoactive, the average amount of steps a day is around 30.000 (at least 20km a day) with some days more close to 30km a day. Do I exaggerate on walking? Can it be my body thinks there’s a shortage of food because I walk so much and therefore send signals of shortage of energy and even hold my weight?

My plan is I upgrade the juice-intake and downgrade the whole fruits. I guess I have to kick the habit or even the habits.. :(
Whole my life I believed fiber was necessary and consuming whole fruits was better than juicing.
It feels like cheating on myself and losing my religion.

Is it okay to drink different kinds of juice or should I stick to OJ?

Thanks on beforehand for answering again. It really helps! :D
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

In addition (forget to ask, have so many questions...):
Can I eat more than 2 or 3 egg yolks or should I wait until my face is totally clear?
I think I can use some extra protein, given my activity?

Tnx!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

3000kcal should be (more than) enough, if you spread it evenly through the day. Maybe you can use the nutrient (or any other) calculator to be sure?
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

I use an application to measure my intake. I notice my intake is quite unstable... Some days very high (3000, mostly coming from dates and bananas), other days more like a normal female my age would eat. (2200)

But now I quitted buying dates, there will be less difference I guess. I'll do my best!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yeah, around 2200 is more what I would expect your energy need to be. The trick is to learn to listen to the signals your body gives you, and then (sip by sip, if need be) replenish your blood sugar. This would result in a pretty stable energy intake. In the beginning it's not that easy, because your body has to get used to signalling this way. If you're very active, then you might be better off with a carb:fat ratio of 3:1 (or more) rather than 1:1. Keep us posted :)
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

Thanks Oscar!
I guess it also has something to do with patience... ;)
And what do you think about the yolks? Should 2-3 be enough or can/should I eat more?

I have to say I already see some progress in my skin condition. That's great!! :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MarciavD wrote:I planned to drink only juices, but somehow that’s not easy for me.
I experience I really want to chew
You could drink (sieved) juice for energy constantly, and additionally nibble on more substantial stuff (eg dried dates, raisins) for the chewing.
What do you think of my theory that I walk too much? Is there such a thing as ‘walking too much’?
No, we are meant to walk.
In my job as a waiter i walk all day. Sometimes it is speed-walking all day.
It is totally fine.
Do I exaggerate on walking? Can it be my body thinks there’s a shortage of food because I walk so much and therefore send signals of shortage of energy and even hold my weight?
The thing is: weight is not everything. It does not tell us about your fat percentage.
So, if you really want to know, you need to start measuring your fat percentage.
Im telling you this because you walk a lot You need your muscles to do so.
That keeps them strong, and 'heavy'.
So, maybe your muscle strength has gone up, your 'hídden fat' gone down, and your weight remained the same.
Maybe your tummy is a bit bloated from eating all that fiber (whole fruits)
Is it okay to drink different kinds of juice
sure.
It is just that it is most easy to make OJ, and cost effective.
Also, oranges have an all-round nutrient make up, just like mangoes and mandarines, but not apples, watermelon or pears.
MarciavD wrote:And what do you think about the yolks? Should 2-3 be enough or can/should I eat more?
3 is enough, but more is better (nutrient-wise)
I have to say I already see some progress in my skin condition.
Let me guess:
softer and smoother?
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

Yes, my skin is softer and clearing up already, even though I didn't stick to the diet 100%. :oops:
Especially my forehead is a lot better than two weeks ago. Still some returning inflammations (always on the same spot) are on my
cheek / jaw. Think those stubborn things will take some time to leave?

It's just when I drink only juice during the day, I really want real, filling food in the evening. It's like my stomach and bowels are too empty?
Have to say this emptiness also causes some pain. Do you recognise such a thing? (That is why I ate some vegetables and kidney beans
and I know especially the beans are bad... feel so stupid)

I don't think I lost hidden fat, but gained some visible fat. :( But maybe there also is some bloat.
Nice to know I can keep on walking as much as I want. My dog is sooooo happy, haha!

I know I have to stick to the diet 100% to achieve the best results. Decided again to go for it, throw or give away my now Wai groceries
so there must be visible changes within two weeks. And eat more yolks, yum!
Hope to write my story of success by then!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MarciavD wrote:Still some returning inflammations (always on the same spot) are on my
cheek / jaw. Think those stubborn things will take some time to leave?
That is most likely on spots of major sebum production (not each hair follicle comes with a sebaceous gland), with the accumulation of some scar tissue.
Yes, it takes a few months of non-inflammation for these 'things' to reside.
It's just when I drink only juice during the day, I really want real, filling food in the evening.
Raw salmon and avocadoes are really filling foods, and perfect for this diet.
It's like my stomach and bowels are too empty?
Have to say this emptiness also causes some pain. Do you recognise such a thing?
Sure.
Many people report that this hunger feeling can really hurt.
It is something that the body needs to adapt to.
Adaptation occurs most swiftly (in no time) if you adjust your food intake drastically.
If you keep on accomodating this hunger/emptiness feeling, it will take a lot longer to adjust.
ysekhan

Post by ysekhan »

Hello I am new to this forum, I would like to adress RRM, I of course have no idea who you are, but I notice that you are giving wrong advices to people on this foum, strange.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Maybe you can be a bit more specific?
One issue at the time please, and in the appropriate forum, so that we can discuss whatever you want to discuss.