Balancing blood sugar

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
tjfillion
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Balancing blood sugar

Post by tjfillion »

I've been on the diet for about 2 weeks now. At first I had really good results. I was both energetic and breakout free. Then I bought some macadamia and brazil nuts online that I shell myself, but I started breaking out from them.

Ok, so I eliminated nuts from my diet. However, I then had trouble balancing my blood sugar. Without the nuts and only using oil, it was hard to balance the fruit with fats. After eating fruits I had headaches/felt lightheaded. I also kept breaking out, but I later read that an imbalanced blood sugar will do this, so I've been trying to balance my fruits with the avacado salad, but it is difficult.

Right now I'm up to 2 egg yolks a day, so I've ruled out too much animal protein as a cause.

So I have a few questions:

It takes 2-3 days to see results from a mess-up, so once I get my blood sugar balanced, I shouldn't see any new acne a few days after that, right?

What is a good way to balance the blood sugar without nuts? I know the general idea, but I need a specific answer.

Is it the protein in the nuts that causes possible breakouts?

I used to have a bunch of little, white bumps around my chin area that weren't visible unless the skin was stretched. Eventually the bumps turn into acne. On the diet, they have nearly disappeared. Could some of these white bumps be going the other way, and emerging? Sort of like a detoxification of my skin? Is it possible that all this acne is just a huge detoxification?

So far breads and dairy haven't tempted me much at all to quit the diet. My only problem is the weakness/depression. [b]My major goal is to feel better first(not weak), then figure out the acne.[/b]

THANKS GUYS!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

When you eat fruits with olive oil, how much oil do you use?
tjfillion

Post by tjfillion »

As much as I can swallow, which tends to be not so much. I'm going to try eating more avacados (2 a day instead of 1).

I am able to mix a lot of oil with bananas and apples, but it just doesn't seem to go well with much else. I'm still trying to find a good quality olive oil (running freezer tests).

I did pick up a juicer so I should be able to have more and better OJ.
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

Well, I am a little worried that I might like the taste of olive oil too much - I rather enjoy swigging it straight from the bottle - much to the surprise of the folks I live with!

By the way, what are the 'freezer tests'?

Take care,
James
x
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Maybe it's easier to pour the oil over the fruit (cut up in a bowl) than sip it?

I hope "freezer" = "fridge"...I think it's the clouding test. Leaving the olive oil overnight in the fridge, it should cloud over.
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

tjfillion~ Hello. I ordered some Extra Virgin Avocado Oil from an online store that I should be getting beginning of next week. I'll let you know how that goes - perhaps it will be easier to drink than the olive oil for you. I can't sip the olive oil either. It may be just a matter of finding a better oil for me as well. I'm hoping that the Avo Oil will be just delicious, though:) I got the Avocado Oil at www.rawguru.com's store.

Take Care,
Amber
tjfillion

Post by tjfillion »

jmbattle:

What brand olive oil do you have right now? The freezer test can be found at http://www.acneboard.com/AcneQandA/Forum12/000036.html
Basically, if you put OO in the fridge for 24 hours and it develops things that look like snowflakes, it's good quality. Otherwise it is either high quality that has been filtered or it is low quality. If you don't want to wait you can put it in the freezer and take it out before it freezes.

Oscar: I'll try that.

Bambi: Ooo definately let me know. I just bought some organic olive oil and it's actually really bitter. Ugh.

Good news, I found a topic on the old form where the guy had very similar complaints to me. Basically Wai told him he needed more glucose and to drink a lot more juices. I'm getting a juicer so things should be good.

Also my acne's been clearing up again ;)
tjfillion

Post by tjfillion »

Amber did you get that OO yet?

Tim
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Oh, yeah - I got the Avocado Oil :) Sorry, I forgot about you over here! I did a little review of it at viewtopic.php?t=361. It's a lot easier for me to sip with fruits than the olive oil was, because it's quite a bit milder than any of the Olive Oils that I've tried thus far. I would say it's at least worth a try.:D

~Amber