soy

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
csamo001
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

soy

Post by csamo001 »

Hi!

I know all the food should me raw.... Anyway, what do you think about cooked soybeans and their effect on acne?
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Anything cooked is going to make you break out.
Soy beans, in order to get rid of natural toxins are highly processed.
They also contain hormones which we don't need.
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Oooh, soy, what a nightmare food... :shock: Check out this article:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/ ... i_n6015579
csamo001

Post by csamo001 »

Well, the thing is I do sports almost every day: I work out 3 times per week, go to the pool, play basketball, football,... I have concerns about not getting enough proteins. I saw this question already covered, but still I have doubts.... I think I need at least 2 g of proteins per kg of body weight. That makes around 180 g per day. Soy seamed like a good alternative because I have doubts that I won't get enough proteins with the raw egg yolks and the other stuff I eat on this diet. By the way, how much proteins ( in g ) is in one egg yolk??

Thanks for the replies!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hello, and welcome on the forum. :)

One egg yolk contains about 3g protein. Where did you get the 2g/kg number from? We need far less protein than is generally recommended. If you would eat enough fruit, some egg yolks, and (in your case) 150gr of raw fish per day, you should get plenty of protein.
csamo001

Post by csamo001 »

So how much protein (in g) do you think I need, if I am as active as stated above?

Thanks
csamo001

Post by csamo001 »

Oh, I weigh around 90 kg.

thanks
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hmmm that is really hard to say. What you have to be careful of, is that your body always has enough energy, so it won't convert muscle mass into glucose. So activeness is more important for sugar/fat intake than protein. You have to experiment with the protein, so why not try some egg yolks with 150gr fish?

Look here for more info about protein: http://www.13.waisays.com/protein.htm
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

To Oscar's very good points, I would add:

csamo001, you need to 'unlearn' everything you have been told about protein. This situation has reached fever-pitch in the world of nutritional advice - people have been whipped up into a kind of hysteria over getting enough 'complete' proteins, etc. Yet, it would be VERY difficult for someone living in the rich world today, who can afford to eat enough calories daily, to lack protein - in fact, almost impossible. Do you see anyone with kwashiorkor around? Even the strict vegans who eat no meat/eggs/dairy whatsoever? (They will have other problems from consuming a high-grain diet without sufficient essential fatty acids, but those problems will NOT include protein deficiency.)

The thing is, our bodies are immensely clever and efficient at assembling proteins from fruits, nuts, egg yolks, raw fish - we don't need any 'clever' manufacturers of heated (mutated) whey/soy proteins to tell us how much protein we need. Beware of their manipulations as they try to push their mass-processed and harmful products on you. As Wai says, if all you ate were fresh ripe fruits, you would lack energy before you could possibly lack protein.