The Skin on my Face is constantly shedding...

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
curiousz
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

The Skin on my Face is constantly shedding...

Post by curiousz »

Post-Accutane / Tazorac user...

The skin on my face constantly sheds now. It seems like every night whenever I wash my face, I can rub off pieces of skin (I don't know how to describe it, reminds me of the skin that you can rub off on the back of your ears...like balls of greasy/gunk).

Is this caused by anything? If so, is there any way to get back to having a 'normal' face that doesn't have all this gunk coming out of it 24/7?

Is this caused by pinched off sebum excretion?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Its the skin that tries to recover. Just give it time to settle down, which it will do anyway.
I dont know about Azorac, but accutane has devastating effects on your skin, so it may take quite some time for your skin to return to normal shedding.
nick

Post by nick »

When did you go off of accutane?

I noticed how my skin became thinner and the texture changed.
I could only go on it for about 8 days, till the dryness, redness and painful lip dryness was worse than actually suffering from acne.
curiousz

Post by curiousz »

I was on accutane for 5 months @ 80 mg/day.

But I didn't have very adverse painful dry lips or anything, which was a bit odd.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I was on accutane for about 3-4 months when I was 17 or so. I'm 37 now. Did the accutane permantly change me?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thats impossible to tell. Some damage done in our body is reversible, while other is irreversible.
curiousz

Post by curiousz »

I think accutane would be reversible. It's only stored on fat, so logically you could get rid of it by burning fat (working out).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

This issue is the damage that its has caused.
It may cause liver damage, for example, or damage to the eyes. and some of this may be irreversible.
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

I think perhaps the damage to the liver might not be so easy to recover from as just losing fat, but then again, the liver has enormous power to regenerate itself (I recall reading once that a cut-off piece of your liver, 1/3 the total size, can indeed grow back to full-size.. not sure if that's true, but there are many alcoholics walking around who are still alive despite tremendous abuse to their livers!).
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Either way, if there is anyone reading these posts here who is taking accutane, let them be a warning to you!
PepperPip

Post by PepperPip »

I have th exact same problem I know what your talking about like how you can jest rub off your skin when ever you take a shower or something and it constanly does that.I am also an accutane user for 2months and still like 8months later my skin is still like this and still looks pretty bad in my eyes.
But I dont want to use a mostureizer cleanser or oil because they all seem to effect it badly .I dont even know what ages you and what doesent and what irritates your skin and what doesent.So I perrfer to use nothing.
but ya I know what your talking about and no matter how much I exfoliate it moisurize it or oil it up it still sheds so ya I get it.
Pepper
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

With time your skin will heal and stop shedding so much. Its good to leave it alone as much as possible, as you do.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I have that issue sometimes (I think from eczema) and if I smear Vaseline on my nose at night it's usually better in the morning.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, vaseline is the most radical and efficient means to prevent dehydration / shedding of the skin.