Wai Diet and Ketatosis Pilaris?

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
curiousz
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Wai Diet and Ketatosis Pilaris?

Post by curiousz »

Has Wai said anything about if this diet is effective in treating keratosis pilaris?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

No, nothing.
What is it?
curiousz

Post by curiousz »

http://images.google.com/images?q=kerat ... a=N&tab=wi

bits of keratin, typically on the back of the arms. rough and bumpy 'chicken skin' look.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

What is it associated to?
Acne, for example, is associated to facial edema.
Is it associated to eczema?
or allergies?
(or facial edema?)
What symptoms are there besides the visible ones?
curiousz

Post by curiousz »

I'm not sure what exactly it is related to.

Basically, it's an overproduction of dead keratin in the pores that get traped and don't shed properly.

There don't appear to be any symptoms outside of the visible ones (dry skin, etc).
Masamune_two

Post by Masamune_two »

Heya, ive been an on and off Wai dieter for my acne - I've lasted a fortnight on the sample diet at times and through personal experience: I can say that the diet completely cleared my upper arms of keratosis pilaris (not that I really cared - as long as my face was clear 8) - and of course it returned went I fell back to my old ways (well - my fornight old ways :( )
djkvan

Re: Wai Diet and Ketatosis Pilaris?

Post by djkvan »

Old thread, I know, but I thought that this would be worth mentioning. I don't tolerate egg yolk. When I consume them it triggers keratosis pilaris among other symptoms. With strict avoidance I have found that it clears up within a few days and doesn't return.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

djkvan wrote: I don't tolerate egg yolk. When I consume them it triggers keratosis pilaris among other symptoms. With strict avoidance I have found that it clears up within a few days and doesn't return.
Sad, but after eating egg yolks I have the same problem :( I guess i'll just ignore it, because my body needs good cholesterol, especially when i had amenorrhea in the past.

Still, it is curious why my thighs and arms skin has such a reaction
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

It "may not be a disorder of keratinization, but caused by the circular hair shaft which ruptures the follicular epithelium leading to inflammation and abnormal follicular keratinization" (a a hair shaft defect) Full Free Text.
It seems to be an inherited disorder that may be triggered by hormonal changes Zhu JW et al.
Since cholesterol from egg yolks influences the menstrual cycle, that may be the connection.
It is associated to obesity Plascencia Gómez A et al Barth JH et al and diabetes Torres E et al, which both come with hormonal changes.
It affects nearly 50-80% of all adolescents and approximately 40% of adults [http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1070651-overview], and that difference may be attributed to hormones.
Absence of sebaceous glands seems to be an early step in the pathogenesis of Ketatosis Pilaris Gruber R et al, which is also influenced by hormones. Logically, it is associated to lower prevalence of acne (diminished sebaceous glands).Free Full Text

No other symptoms, such as headaches or chronic fatigue?
It is frequently associated to eczema, and may be associated to sympathetic nervous system hypofunction.Check JH et al
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

RRM wrote:No other symptoms, such as headaches or chronic fatigue?
in general? or right after egg yolks consumption? after eating yolks for about 1-2 hours most of the time i feel abdominal discomfort and dizziness, but maybe that is normal?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

No, that's not normal...
And in general?
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

RRM wrote:And in general?
Most of the time I feel fatigue in the mornings and my hands are always cold, but maybe because of low blood pressure.
No, that's not normal...
perhaps i just have to stop mixing yolks with sugar and orange juice?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Do you have low blood-pressure?
Emeira wrote:perhaps i just have to stop mixing yolks with sugar and orange juice?
Maybe. You could try.
You can also make 'egg-soup': http://www.waitalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3643
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

RRM wrote:Do you have low blood-pressure?
yes, as i mentioned above.
Feeling much better after cold shower or morning workout
I made this soup (with added raw butter) this evening, didn't noticed any bad sensations after eating it.
Ech.. only egg yolk mix with orange juices + banana + avocado, taste much better, like pudding :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Egg yolk + sugar + coconut oil tastes pretty good too, imo :smile: