Raw Eggs - How much is too much?

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
curiousz
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Raw Eggs - How much is too much?

Post by curiousz »

Here's my situation:

I feel that the high carb nature of the 'Wai' diet is making me produce more sebum (initially), and perhaps faster than my pores are "clearing" from the lack of dirty protein.

So this is causing breakouts.

My new plan of attack is to limit carb intake and go on a high fat/clean protein diet (though still LIMIT my proteins to a minimal)..

So I'm going to have to get lots of calories from FAT...a great way to do this is eggs..

Egg yolks have 60 calories / egg.

My question is....each egg yolk has about 2.7 g of protein...

Would it be safe (both for my ACNE/WATER retention and OVERALL HEALTH) to consume roughly 12 RAW egg yolks/ day?

That gives me about 700 calories and 32 grams of protein. Now this is 'clean' protein, but can this cause me to still retain water?

The other sources of my diet will come from other fats....

~ 1 TBSP Coconut Oil (100 calories)

~ 1 AVACADO (300 calories)

~ 1 TBSP Cod Liver Oil (100 calories)

~ 1 TBSP FLAXSEED OIL (100 calories)

This equates to 1300 calories total, consuming 1 carton of egg yolks / day...

What else can I possibly add? :/
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Yes Nick eats that many and somebody eats 20. 8)

They'll all tell you to eat fish. I know you don't want to, I'm just warning you :)
curiousz

Post by curiousz »

20 a day? I could do it...That's about 1200 calories and a ton of nutritional value. It's also roughly 54 grams of protein.

Yes. Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of fish and can't get it very fresh here.

So I will consume more raw egg yolks.

My question is, however, about the Wai diet protocol...

So, is protein perfectly fine to consume in amounts as long as it is healthy and RAW (clean, not cooked/dirty?).

OR, is ANY excess protein BAD and will cause water retention, however the protein we DO need on a daily basis should be of the GOOD variety.

I've never gotten a clear answer on this....

Is there a limit to the amount of 'clean' protein we consume?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

On the acne sample diet the protein limit is about 50gr/day.

How long have you been on the diet so far?
nick

Post by nick »

If you have just started the diet then it is perfectly normal that you are starting to breakout. In the first week or two, your skin will breakout because that trapped sebum is now surfacing. This is a good as it means the diet is working. After the initial breakout, you should see a difference.
curiousz

Post by curiousz »

3 weeks and still breaking out.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Do you eat munchfoods, or are you 100%?

Oops, I made a mistake in my earlier post...on the acne sample diet the (dirty) protein limit is 15gr/day, not 50. 50gr/day stands for the maximum amount of raw fish for women. Look here for the rules on the diet.

It might be you need to restrict your protein intake and try to find what you can still eat without problems. 2 yolks or max 50gr fish for women, up 'til 5 yolks or 100gr fish for tall men, per day.

Avoid nuts for now.
curiousz

Post by curiousz »

100% on the sample diet. Very little protein, all from fruits and some egg yolks.

But this isn't working for me. Wai says I should see improvements in 2 days, and certainly in two weeks. Not the case for me.

But, again, the 15 g limit is for DIRTY protein, which raw egg yolk certainly isn't.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yes you're right, but according to RRM he either eats 6 egg yolks or some salmon (I forget how much exactly), because otherwise he'll break out. So apparently the amount of protein can be important, if you're sensitive to it.

Anyway, if you're 100%, don't eat nuts/dry fruits and a limited amount of protein, then I've no idea. :(
nick

Post by nick »

Reduce the amount of yolks and see what happens.
Do you get sugar lows? feel tired during times throughout the day?
It takes some people longer to get over their breakouts, depending on their body and causing factors. It took me at least 4-5 months for my face to totally clear. So we need to see if too much protein or sugar lows is the reason.
curiousz

Post by curiousz »

Why would sugar lows be the cause of acne?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

curiousz wrote:Why would sugar lows be the cause of acne?
Sugar lows result in the breakdown of muscle protein for sugar, and this results in a great deal of partially decomposed protein. In as much as you can break down your house to use the wooden parts for a fire to warm you up; you will end up with lots of rubble.

The protein that is not totally decomposed and converted into energy will lead to an increase in the protein level in your true skin, extracting extra water from the outer skin and surrounding cells.