dilemma; acne and worrying

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
candela
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

dilemma; acne and worrying

Post by candela »

there are a lot of things i want and think i need to say aloud.

i have been raw for almost 3 months, and have been strictly following the wai for almost 2 weeks this Wednesday. i've seen improvements in my skin since raw, and since wai especially, but i am still breaking out in patches of red. i've closely followed both this forum, and the old one, checking for things like why olive oil burned my throat at times, and the different issues people had with nuts, how orgasms are so much better after the egg, and how (y)our life perspectives begin to recenter around this immense freedom of what it is to be(ing). i eat many times a day, a fruit at a time with much olive oil until avocado salad dinner with no chives. before sleeping 2 to 3 egg yolks depending on whether i broke the rule about why running is bad because in quitting smoking i took up the habit 2 months ago since the stress, running only a mile thinking and seeing such beautiful things, sometimes with music.

not until a year after college did i develop skin problems. since that happened, a year ago, my mind has reshifted obsessively on this factor as in the past it would have focused on some more productive, and not constant self debasing fixation. i attribute it partially to my mental condition and partially to being in love for the first time with someone so piercingly beautiful and amazingly at ease in existence that you are jealous and ashamed and fearful that your imperfect will make him leave off and do without you and your issues.

you are excited on days where your skin looks so fresh and beginning dramatically to heal and he looks at you as though are so beautiful and belonged of his. you are able to say and enjoy all the amazing of living in the world, all the love. when you have a pimple (so different now than before raw and wai and everything), your boyfriend seems in your mind to have gived up on you after all the big promise you found (just like the pro activ, raw food, everything else that didn't work but showed promise). this showed the most promise. but then this last breakout of like two pimples, to go along with the changing sandy bumps everywhere else. maybe it was the netrogena benzoyl mask that stayed on for a night.

i need help. i need not to think about this any more. to not think about this anymore all the time. not to look in the mirror so much. i think on the whole its improving but will take time. i will not stray from the diet and won't try other raw veges for a long time if ever. but i feel that thinking about this is rotting my mind and i am disvaluing the enjoyment and understanding of the full and miraculous now on whether or not i'll ever get another pimple, that my face has fading scars, and that the one i love should have to see it, myself wasting my thoughts this way.

besides him you have no body else you can talk to about it. your family is far and your friends have past since graduation and since you got this where now you lack the confidence to say hardly anything, almost to where you can hardly think without this self destructive, but the fruit saves your mood with all the fat. is it possible that its the olive oili? every pore is now active though not all hysterical. hormones? is it in your head?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hello, and welcome on the forum. :)

I don't have that much experience with acne, and so I don't know what a "netrogena benzoyl mask" is. The general consensus seems to be that chemical skin treatments are best avoided, though. Others will probably have better advice to give you.
I think the best advice I can give you is to stop worrying. :)
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hi Candela,
but then this last breakout of like two pimples, to go along with the changing sandy bumps everywhere else.
As Oscar wrote, I also haven't had acne as a problem, but not completely pimple free- When I started Wai I had the sandy bumps appear, and many on my forehead. I had them for a while and can't remember exactly when they disappeared, but they did. One day they were gone.

Because you're still breaking out my advice would be to stay with the Strict Sample Diet for another two weeks at least. I know it must be hard, but you've come this far :) My issues are more with weight, and a great desire to be healthy...still working on it.

If you think it might be the oil, try using less and see. It could be as simple as that, you never know.

Best wishes,
Avalon
nick

Re: dilemma

Post by nick »

candela wrote: i have been raw for almost 3 months, and have been strictly following the wai for almost 2 weeks this Wednesday. i've seen improvements in my skin since raw, and since wai especially, but i am still breaking out in patches of red.
This is natural. Your skin is now ridding all the excess sebum from skin so you will breakout. Your skin should improve in the next few weeks.

What do you mean by patches of red?
i've closely followed both this forum, and the old one, checking for things like why olive oil burned my throat at times, and the different issues people had with nuts, how orgasms are so much better after the egg, and how (y)our life perspectives begin to recenter around this immense freedom of what it is to be(ing).
Good. Success is in the details with this diet.
i eat many times a day, a fruit at a time with much olive oil until avocado salad dinner with no chives. before sleeping 2 to 3 egg yolks depending on whether i broke the rule about why running is bad because in quitting smoking i took up the habit 2 months ago since the stress, running only a mile thinking and seeing such beautiful things, sometimes with music.
Technically if you broke a rule this means you start at day one again.
This is becuase two weeks from this new day, then can be sure that the diet is working.
By running, did you mean that you ran after you ate yolks?
This can definitely cause breakouts.
Are you eating enough? are you hungry or satisfied with how much you have eat?
not until a year after college did i develop skin problems. since that happened, a year ago, my mind has reshifted obsessively on this factor as in the past it would have focused on some more productive, and not constant self debasing fixation.
When I was on this diet, I noticed how thinking about it caused stresses which only made the problem worse.
I would recommend focusing on the productive and perhaps writing in your journal how you feel. Putting it onto paper gets it out of head and then you can see what you need to do to change into a more optimistic mental approach.
i attribute it partially to my mental condition and partially to being in love for the first time with someone so piercingly beautiful and amazingly at ease in existence that you are jealous and ashamed and fearful that your imperfect will make him leave off and do without you and your issues.
Use that love to help see good and beat out the bad.
If you follow this diet and rules and sleep enough you should see a big change.
but then this last breakout of like two pimples, to go along with the changing sandy bumps everywhere else. maybe it was the netrogena benzoyl mask that stayed on for a night.
Benzoyl is not good for skin with acne. It will irritate the skin thus causing it to produce more sebum. Don't use any topicals on this diet and just use low mineral water or distilled water to wash your face.
i need help. i need not to think about this any more. to not think about this anymore all the time. not to look in the mirror so much. i think on the whole its improving but will take time. i will not stray from the diet and won't try other raw veges for a long time if ever.
You have the determination!
That will get you through this.
but i feel that thinking about this is rotting my mind and i am disvaluing the enjoyment and understanding of the full and miraculous now on whether or not i'll ever get another pimple, that my face has fading scars, and that the one i love should have to see it, myself wasting my thoughts this way.
Part of this diet and experience is to learn how to think without stressing over it. This is hard and you learn it while doing the diet. Feeling good first will show on your skin when you get your thoughts straightened out and knowing that this diet can help your thoughts and skin will help you realize this.
is it possible that its the olive oili? every pore is now active though not all hysterical. hormones? is it in your head?
With hormonal acne you would more than likely have deep cysts.
It could be keeping you sugar level stable, which is why we balance the fruit with fat.
It could also be stress.
Be observant and write in a journal what you eat and how it affects you.
Let us know if you have any more questions.
avalon

Post by avalon »

nick wrote:
I understand the theory as Wai states it that execise over a certain limit can shorten a lifespan, but I also thought that exercise can help acne by increasing the blood flow to the skin and providing oxgyen to the skin cells. Moderate sweating will clean the pores from the inside.

Can you explain what you mean? Do you mean the time between ingesting the yolks and exercise? I would imagine execising too soon after any meal, would be more a problem of indigestion than for acne.
Agent

Post by Agent »

avalon wrote:Can you explain what you mean? Do you mean the time between ingesting the yolks and exercise? I would imagine execising too soon after any meal, would be more a problem of indigestion than for acne.
I think it's pretty obvious that's what he meant!? Indigestion and acne go hand in hand, no? :?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Is it obvious!?

There are many factors, not just the act of exercising. Is there a malfunction in the digestive system? From Stress, not just from execising can affect the digestive system which affects the liver which releases toxins into the body.

I didn't get the impression that Candela was exercising right after yolk consumption anyway...

Candela?

There seems to be a lot of stress in your situation Candela. I wish you well :)

Avalon
Agent

Post by Agent »

avalon wrote:Is it obvious!?
I meant it was obvious what nick was saying
avalon wrote:nick wrote:
... Do you mean the time between ingesting the yolks and exercise?
Pretty damn obvious what he was meaning, yep... To me anyway.

Aaanyway... :x
nick

Post by nick »

The whole idea of not doing any physical activity or exercise after eating the yolks is due to the fact that it is harder for the body to breakdown and utilize the protein. Since yolks have a lot of protein, this incomplete digestion could very well cause new breakouts.

That's why Wai recommends 1.5 hours of rest after eating the yolks.

It could cause indigestion as well or at least cramps as your body wants to digest the yolks and exercise/running could upset your stomach.
avalon

Post by avalon »

The whole idea of not doing any physical activity or exercise after eating the yolks is due to the fact that it is harder for the body to breakdown and utilize the protein. Since yolks have a lot of protein, this incomplete digestion could very well cause new breakouts.

That's why Wai recommends 1.5 hours of rest after eating the yolks.
Okay, I understand the importance of digestion and the possibility of cramps. Bad to exercise after eating yolks/food.

However, Isn't this more in reference to 'Dirty' protien? That even without exercise there's always bound to be some food undigested, and that it's the type and quality of food that more importantly could break down and wind up affecting the skin?

See, I'm not arguing it's bad for indigestion/ tummy upset.. But won't the Yolks be broken down eventually, even with such an interruption, digested and then carried to the skin later, via the lymph-express as Wai put it? If not...

I'm asking, what happens to the clean protien to make it bad for the skin?

I'm glad it's obvious to you Agent. I'm just trying to underestand here, okay :?
nick

Post by nick »

From the book:

"To digest the food that is consumed, the digestive tract needs to be supplied with lots of fatty acids (for energy) and oxygen by the blood. And there is also more blood required to transport the absorbed nutrients. But when we are physically active, more blood is directed towards muscles, and less remains for the intestines.
Digestion can therefore not be complete if there is physical action immediately after food consumption. That is why it is not healthy to walk and eat, or eat and then swim (or any other physical activity) directly after eating. If digestion is incomplete more peptides remain.
These peptides are only gradually decomposed by enzymes in the lymph, blood and different organs. The eventually free amino acids can then be utilized for (re)construction purposes."

But in the short term for those susceptible to acne, those peptides can cause new breakouts.

Also,

"Free amino acids are absorbed into the blood and transported to all our organs where they can be immediately utilized for (re)construction purposes.
But the blood cannot absorb larger molecules like peptides (amino acids still linked to each other) very well. Therefore there is an alternative transport system: the lymph-system. Lymph is like blood but without the red blood cells. Lymph transports protein and other nutrients just as blood does, but lymph is transported at a much lower speed than blood.
Lymphatics are especially designed to absorb these larger
molecules (like peptides). [6] This prevents nutrients from being lost due to incomplete digestion.
This function of the lymph is important because even raw food is not always completely digested."
avalon

Post by avalon »

nick,
Thank you, I've read this several times over.

Wai:
The true skin - the layer below the outer skin – contains lymphatics but the outer skin does not. The true skin, therefore, is 'the final destination for the lymph-express'; redundant and damaged protein ends up in the true skin.
So, redundant protien is more likely an excess amount of protien, which we shouldn't have on Wai. But If digestion for example 2 or more yolks is knocked around a bit from running, does this constitute damaged protien then? Or, is it just delayed and gets digested later, and never makes it to the skin? Is this a given or just a could happen?

Candela, sorry if it seems I've derailed your thread.
candela

breathing

Post by candela »

i had never posted anything on a messageboard before...
so first i've got to say that it was so amazing to be able to talk about what was really bothering me in a way that i otherwise couldn't. that act in itself, added to the responses and overall feeling of support, made it easy to spend today completely relaxed and finding myself in a serene enjoyment of the moment as opposed to waiting for some future time that might not ever come, because indeed i could be dead tommorow.

by red patches i meant just small areas of my face that get inflamed and heal, moving on to another part. these are parts that normally never broke out, and my fear was that this would reoccur. if, as was said, that it's normal for the skin to let out excess sebum now, then that is cool with me.

as far as running goes, i meant that wai seemed anti running, that running wasn't the wai thing to do but i do it anyway because it makes me feel good so it's the only way i cheat this diet/lifestyle. on days that i run, i eat 3 egg yolks instead of 2. (i don't eat any nuts...just the oil)

i eat often, whenever i'm hungry, but not too much at a time.

i came to this diet after struggling with eating disorders since highschool, getting better only to relapse later. i spent much of last year, for instance, on a diet that was below 700 calories. i am beginning to actually feel tremendous now, my thinking is so much clearer and ordered and i have so much energy. my only problem with sleeping is that my body wants to wake up early now (even if it hasn't been a full 8 hours), which is only indicative i think of what was said about how the diet helps your thoughts...a few months ago i wanted to all the time be sleeping since i was so depressed. now there is a so much marked improvement in my motivation. i noticed that with raw, but doing wai is a so much more intensely balanced feeling. i am taking zoloft for anxiety and ocd and depression, but would like someday soon to be off it. i look for this diet to help also with that.

in any event, i just wanted to say that i *feel* so much better already, which is what's important and reflective also.

so, sorry to have spilled so much...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good to hear that. :)

I don't think Wai is against running per se, only in regards to losing weight, because losing weight is easier with walking.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avalon wrote:But If digestion for example 2 or more yolks is knocked around a bit from running, does this constitute damaged protien then? Or, is it just delayed and gets digested later, and never makes it to the skin? Is this a given or just a could happen?
If you eat 2 egg yolks before running, digestion of some of the proteins will be incomplete. Partly undigested peptides (small proteins) may temporarily end up in the skin, increasing water retention in the skin, leading to acne if much sebum is produced.