breaking out in 110 degree heat

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
candela
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

breaking out in 110 degree heat

Post by candela »

hi guys, i'm hoping for some clarification in many ways.

about a month ago i posted that i was getting red bumps, that i thought my skin was getting worse since the switch from raw to wai, etc. it was said that this is a sympton which happens to some people at the beginning of the diet...

my skin flared up all over, red on my forehead and cheeks and chin, and soon it began to heal up and i thought i was over the hump.

now i'm on vacation in las vegas in 110 degree heat and since i got here i've begun to break out in the same way again though in different places. i'm using coconut oil because the heat is so dry, and since i had no choice but to go out in the sun i picked a gentle sunscreen made by neutrogena.

i'm wondering if it has to do with my cycle? of course i've been under more stress since coming here, but i was under stress before the diet and i never broke out this bad, in so many places.

i'm keeping the stress down too, trying not to panic, etc. and believe...but it's almost two months and if i had to look at a before and after picture you'd probably think that the before picture was the after one. this breakout so far is of course better than the last one which was really bad and really stinging, but still....it's been two months and i've been doing everything religiously. of course you'd say except for sunscreen. i've also been smoking this week too.

but i smoked before wai, i never used sunscreen before wai, i was under stress before wai, and i looked better.

i would sacrifice the social benefits of eating with people if my skin improved, and would be willing to keep doing what i'm doing now, indefinitely, if i saw some results, maybe even if it didn't seem like the diet was making me MORE sensitive or worse.

so, my main question is, has this ever been heard of before? i mean, i've heard about red breakouts and sandy bumps, but not ongoing ones two months in.

i've decided to keep trying this diet for six months...but at this point i'm afraid that it has, really has, ruined my skin. i'm afraid that even if i slowly start eating raw foods again, my skin will never be the same as it was before. when really, today i'd trade in a second.

thanks a bunch....
avo

Post by avo »

Same thing happened to me, for the first two months of Wai my skin was worse than it used to be. But now, being in Florida for more than two weeks now, relaxing, taking it easy, swimming, surfing, sunbathing, my skin is almost perfect. At first I wasn't sure if the fish I was getting down in Florida was frozen or not (I never asked), but I've eaten about 4 pounds so far in the last 2 weeks, and no problems, so it must be (or it does not effect me much). Also, I now occasionally get (frozen) fruit smoothies from the local stores if I'm out for a while and get hungry, no problems there either. I just had one made with frozen strawberries/bananas and pasturized apple juice :(. I almost backed out when I saw it being prepared, but I'm hoping that I won't have any breakouts a few days down the line.

So, stick with it, as strict as you can. It may not improve for a while just like with me, but eventually things get better. Just try not to fall back on old ways when things do get better.
nick

Post by nick »

It took about 4.5 months for my skin to totally clear up.
I kept on the strict diet the entire time and totally stayed committed to the rules.
Perhaps it was the stress from all those years I hadn't noticed that was breaking out my skin.
One thing I did was a write a journal and try to keep from worrying about the diet and acne. It is hard to just let go and stay relaxed about it. This could be part of the problem. Don't expect anything and get everything could be helpful.
It is very disconcerting that your still breaking out, but you need to problem solve and perhaps changing other things will help.

Best of Luck.