How long after eating a bad food do you break out?

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
jujube
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

How long after eating a bad food do you break out?

Post by jujube »

Suppose I eat some acne-causing food today. How long will it take my face to break out?

It seems like I break out a day or two after eating something bad, but I keep hearing it takes over a week for acne to develop, so I dunno...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

There is a difference between the effects of the consumption of bad food in just one day (in between several days of not eating anything bad), and that of consuming a little bad food a few days in a row.

Yes, if you eat something bad one day, and its the only bad food you eat for several days, you will break out within 48 hours, or you will not break out at all.
If however, that what you eat is too little bad to cause acne by itself, you may only get acne from it if you keep on eating that little bit of bad food every day, and then it may actually take a week before you break out (counted from the first day that you start eating that bad food)

If you are not on the acne sample diet, its virtually impossible to tell what exactly triggered the breaking out, as 'any drop may be the drop that causes the spilling over'.
dcboyer02

Re: How long after eating a bad food do you break out?

Post by dcboyer02 »

Well, this is good news if I'm understanding correctly.

So, when I'm off the sample diet and I want to start experimenting with new items, I don't have to wait a week for a reaction?

If I'm on 100% and I only add 1 item in 1 day, I would see a reaction within 2 days if it will make me break out?

Thank you
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dcboyer02 wrote: So, when I'm off the sample diet and I want to start experimenting with new items, I don't have to wait a week for a reaction?
That depends...
If I'm on 100% and I only add 1 item in 1 day, I would see a reaction within 2 days if it will make me break out?
Yes, but then you only know what eating that one item for only one day will do to your skin.
If you subsequently want to find out if you can eat that item every day,
you need to do so, for about a week (daily of course), and then it may take a while before you can be sure,
as there likely will be a cumulative effect.
For example:
if i eat a bit too much (raw) fish just once, it doesnt affect my skin,
but if i do that daily, or just 3 days in a row, it will cause acne.
The same is true for 'dirty protein'; eating something bad just once generally has little effect,
but repeatedly eating that same munchfood will likely have an effect.
How soon you will notice this effect, depends how grave 'that foul' was.
It may be within 2 days (single foul) or a week (small but repeated foul) or more (very small but repeated foul)
dcboyer02

Post by dcboyer02 »

Oh, Ok, thank you, that makes sense,

I was just hoping and wouldn't have to take so long to figure out what makes be breakout but I guess theres no short cut, just diligently staying 100% is the only way to know.
Its gonna take me many months to diagnose what does what to by body but it will be worth it in the long run I guess
Thank you again
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, its worth it because then its you who is in control.
You can choose how clear your face needs to be / how strict you are willing to be for that.
And if you then get acne, you know it was your own choice, and not some curse that you dont understand.
Most likely its something temporary anyway that you can sit out this way.