Acne locations and clearing up order

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
nick
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Acne locations and clearing up order

Post by nick »

RRM inserted the following quote, as the original post had been posted somewhere else...
Seth wrote:I was wondering if there is any rhyme or reason why some people get acne on various parts of their body (e.g. back, head, chest...) or is this simply how prone any one person may be? I have been on the diet for over two weeks with one small deviation. The face, chest and shoulders have improved considerably, however the back seems to be least improved. Is there an order in which areas tend to improve over time?
Normally, the back clears first then the neck and then the face.
I'm not sure exactly about placement. It is probably due to your lymphatic veins and where they located on your face/neck and back areas.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Is it odd to still be getting pimples on the back (and elsewhere) even after two weeks? I am wondering if I may have a food allergy to one of the fruits or olive oil. I am not eating nuts at all and only eat fresh tuna (50 grams) every other day.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:Is it odd to still be getting pimples on the back (and elsewhere) even after two weeks?
No, not at all.
For most (50 to 60%) you dont get new pimples after 2 weeks, but for 30 to 40% it takes a little longer, sometimes much longer.
The face, chest and shoulders have improved considerably, however the back seems to be least improved. Is there an order in which areas tend to improve over time?
Yes, normally its the other way around because the face (especially around the mouth) has areas where the sebaceous glands are most active. This because the sebum needs to keep the skin flexible, which very much applies to the areas around the mouth, as we talk a lot :-)
I am wondering if I may have a food allergy to one of the fruits or olive oil.
Probably not.
The good thing is, is that there is improvement.
Just keep on maintaining the strict diet as long as there is improvement. Once there is no more improvement, we can start considering other factors.
only eat fresh tuna (50 grams) every other day.
You should eat that (or other fish) every day, or alternatively have some egg yolks.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Yes, normally its the other way around because the face (especially around the mouth) has areas where the sebaceous glands are most active. This because the sebum needs to keep the skin flexible, which very much applies to the areas around the mouth, as we talk a lot :-)
That is interesting because I almost never got pimples around the mouth area. The majority of the time it was the forehead, neck and cheeks or another area.
You should eat that (or other fish) every day, or alternatively have some egg yolks.
Will start taking the extra protein every day.

Thank you for the input!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:That is interesting because I almost never got pimples around the mouth area. The majority of the time it was the forehead, neck and cheeks or another area.
Yes, though one can make generalisations, it remains individually different. The forehead, neck and cheeks are also areas where sebaceous glands are active.