Please encourage me/ is this progress?

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
razza
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Please encourage me/ is this progress?

Post by razza »

I'm 3.5 weeks into 100% Wai diet, and my face is horrible. It's so much worse than it was before, although I've always used topical products and now I'm using none. I still have white/yellow heads, though fewer than the first 2 weeks. Still getting cysts--several over and over in the same area. Skin is very blotchy.

I've contmeplated quitting, but I think I see signs of the reduced water pressure. I have these hard bits sticking halfway out of many pores on my face and neck--like they have been pushed part way out. Is this good? I just wonder if it's progress or my skin is just reacting to no products.

Did anyone here take a really long time to clear up? Were you using topical products before? This is painful...
candela

Post by candela »

It took me a really, really, really long time to clear up. For the first two months, actually, maybe more, I suffered from a really horrible breakout all over my skin- I looked worse than I did before starting the diet, and was in a state of fear and shock over it. It seemed to happen in phases- first my forehead, cheeks, chin, jaw, etc. Many of my emotional and social problems were linked to this idea of not having perfect skin, and in a way, in hindsight, the initial breakout was good for my dealing with those issues and trying to find happiness in the midst of being unable to control what was happening. The support on this forum was amazing at that time---I said things on here that I couldn't say to anyone. And the fact that people listened and responded compassionately restored to me a faith in humanity which had begun to wane ever since 2 years after graduating college my skin for some reason got bad. But anyhow, During all of this time, I got married, started grad school, and freaked out because the diet was taking so long to work. And I'm not going to lie, the breakout left behind scars which for the past few months have now started to disappear. The diet makes you extremely sensitive to things which you weren't sensitive to before (the only time in almost 6 months that I've cheated, I ate mushrooms and got a really ugly pimple, if I eat even a little more than 50 grams of fish I break out, etc.)...before I didn't really have acne all the time just a pimple or two once in a while and skin with some bumps underneath. Of course, I think you become more sensitive to food if it takes you so long to clear up that you can't start experimenting, since it makes it harder for you to digest anything else. You can ask everybody else about this. This diet takes a lot of commitment, and it really does work. It makes you feel amazing- but it's so controlled that you're on the very edge of feeling really weak and awful too. One wrong sugar fat ratio, an unripe orange, etc. and you quickly begin to feel really sick or lethargic or faint.

You ask if you should stop now altogether or continue with the diet. That's entirely up to you and how important this is. If you keep going, then in a few months, a year, etc., max., your skin will be as beautiful as you want it to be.

But could you eat Thanksgiving dinner with your family?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Very nice post, Candela. :)

The degree of sensibility is individually different, but indeed the body gets more sensitive to food (toxins). It will react quicker to get rid of those. Bodily changes i.e. improvements can go fast, but also slowly and gradually. 3.5 weeks in that sense is not that long yet. So try to relax about it (I know, it's very difficult) and strictly keep at the sample diet.

Good luck!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thank you indeed, Candela 8)

Razza, maybe it helps to take in account the effects of topical products and retaining too muh water; both accelerate ageing of the skin. If you are strong enough, with this diet your skin will be beautiful and remain beautiful in the long run.
Indeed, its a choice, but I guess you already made that choice?
Maybe all you need is support and knowing that it will get better?
The beginning is most difficult; the longer you are on this diet, the easier it gets. So that the phase you have been through was the most difficult part, and it will only get better...
razza

Post by razza »

Thank you guys, this is exactly what I needed to hear. It's funny Candela, because I was thinking the exact same thing about maybe it's good I have to deal with all the social issues it brings up for me. Clear skin is not everything.

I mean, a main reason I'm doing this diet is because of vanity, but another reason is because it bothers me that something is wrong with my body. Fifteen years of acne is a signal that I have some sort of imbalance in my body, and smearing harsh chemicals on top of my skin just doesn't make sense.

OK, my faith is renewed, I'm sticking it out.8) And who needs Thanksgiving turkey anyways? I was vegan before the egg yolks and raw fish...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good to hear. :D
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

razza wrote:It's funny Candela, because I was thinking the exact same thing about maybe it's good I have to deal with all the social issues it brings up for me. Clear skin is not everything.
I think most of us have. We all felt terrible just because of our acne. We all have learned how superficial society is, and we all have therefore discovered 'more' about life. Indeed, having severe acne learns you a lot of essential stuff.
another reason is because it bothers me that something is wrong with my body. Fifteen years of acne is a signal that I have some sort of imbalance in my body
Actually, maybe we just experience it as an imbalance given the food that we eat. If we predominantly eat fruits and some raw animal food, there is no 'imbalance'. Yes, our skin produces more sebum than others do, but in nature, that is actually protective, and not an imbalance at all.
Only when eating modern foods (cooked foods, salt, spices etc) and having lots of animal food at our disposal, we may seem to have an imbalance. But is it?
smearing harsh chemicals on top of my skin just doesn't make sense.
This I fully agree with.