I'm having concerns about acne

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
avo
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

I'm having concerns about acne

Post by avo »

As you may already know, I have been on Wai for about half a year now. About a month or two ago, I made the switch from a whole-fruit diet to one of OJ, oil, sugar, fish and avocado (with the emphasis on the OJ). Acne never fully went away, but there have been times when my skin was great. It is amazing what clear(er) skin does for confidence! Anyways, for the last few weeks (2 or so) it has been getting pretty bad. I mean, I have never gotten rid of the 'sandy bumps' on the forehead and such, but this is just out of control. Each morning I may have 2-3 new whiteheads and/or large red bumps on my face, on the chin, jawline, forehead, nose area etc. But that is not the worst part: my shoulders are amazingly bad. It's like the area from the top to the back of the shoulders are like those 'cottage-cheese' or 'popcorn' ceilings in old houses. Literally dozens and dozens of red bumps, even several whiteheads that come and go randomly. And it is getting worse, it has spread down to the back and neck, even legs and arms! Not that bad on arms/legs, but I have never ever had them there before.

Now, I'll try to anaylze anything that may have contributed to this.
1) I have been eating tuna everyday for the last month or so
2) Making about 10-14 cups of OJ, with 1 Tblsp oil and sugar for each cup.
3) Noticed my 'movements,' although regular (1-2x daily), smell bad.
4) I have been dealing with stress daily, but nothing too out of the ordinary compared to the past.
5) Occasionally I may be preoccupied and may go without OJ sips for about 30, sometimes 60 minutes a couple times a week. I don't see how this would affect anything like this though.
6) I only have about .5 a Fl avocado a day, and .2-.3 lbs of tuna a night. Not too much protein or fiber, right?

Let me know if you have any ideas or advice, as it is terrible to live near the beach but not want to take off my shirt. :(
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Having listened to RRM's experiences, your limit of protein (assuming the tuna protein is the only protein you're getting) could be below 0.3 lbs (136g).
RRM's limit is also lower. So you might want to weigh your tuna and try to find exactly where your limit is.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Protein indeed.
For me, the difference between enough (130 gram) and too much (140 gram) fish is little, but the effects are dramatic. Continuing to eat 140 grams of fish, the acne gets worse and worse, because the build up of excess protein continues.
To see whether the protein is indeed the problem, stop eating fish (and egg yolks) altogether for 3 days.
Probably, right now your morning urine is dark-yellow and has a strong odour (ureum). Not consuming too much protein any more, your morning urine will be much lighter and much less smelly.

What exactly your protein intake should be is of course individually different, but you may want to keep it at a safe level of 100 for a while, and then after 2 weeks (if your skin remains clear) increase that with 5 grams. Then after another 2 weeks without acne, again increase that level with 5 grams, and so on.
when you start breaking out again, you have reached your maximum level, and then you need to establish your optimum level.
avo

Post by avo »

Thank you, I knew you could make sense of it. So I should stop fish/yolks altogether for a few days? I can't even have like, 50 grams of tuna? I don't want to throw away 12 bucks worth.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, sure, you can take 50 grams daily, but it then it will take twice as much time for your skin to clear up, as it is the excess protein that needs to be removed from your blood/lymph/skin first.
The blood and lymph is the 'storage facility' for protein; amino acid levels can increase from 100% up to 900% :shock: , so that they can cause you to retain more water when you have been stocking up on protein. Thats why it takes a few days before thats eliminated.

BTW, I will move this thread to the acne section once you have read this.
avo

Post by avo »

Ok, I have not eaten any fish or eggs since I last posted. I was wondering when I would know when I should start again. What am I looking for? My skin looks better, nothing as bad as before. I still have slightly dark urine sometimes, but I don't know if it has anything to do with this. If you don't get back to me, I'll just have 100g of tuna tonight. Thanks in advance.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avo wrote:I still have slightly dark urine sometimes, but I don't know if it has anything to do with this.
Yes, it means that there still is quite some protein in your blood. You must have been consuming quite some protein for quite some time...
You may want to see your urine not being dark-yellow anymore first, before you start experimenting.
If you don't get back to me, I'll just have 100g of tuna tonight. Thanks in advance.
thats okay too; 100 g tuna is safe.
Take no more than 100 g tuna daily for the next 2 weeks, and if your skin is doing well, you can gradually increase the daily intake by 5 or 10 g. / week
avo

Post by avo »

Thank you, I will keep you updated on my progress.