Help Please: Acne, just started sample diet

Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
superman
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Help Please: Acne, just started sample diet

Post by superman »

Hey guys.

I have acne but it is not severe, I have about 15 or so spots dotted around my face, some parts are worse than others, I get whiteheads, not blackheads, I'm 18 and have had it since I was about 13. I'm about 6 foot 2 and weigh about 11 stones. I'm looking eventually to get the 'fight club look' but I want to tackle the acne problem first and foremost and then I can think about that. So my ultimate goal if you like is clear skin and the FCL.

I tried to start the Acne Sample Diet today. I went to the supermarket yesterday and bought the following: Orange Juice (Tropicana, 100% Pure Squeezed Orange Juice, hope this is alright?), Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Eggs, 150g Raw Salmon, Apples, Bananas, Pears, Strawberries, Tomatoes, Avocados, Cucumber. My problem is this, I tried the Tomato, Avocado and Cucumber salad today and really didn't enjoy it, I don't think I could eat it everyday, are there essential nutrients in it that need replaced or am I already getting the nutrients I need from the other foods listed above? I have tried to use the nutrient calculator and it confuses me, not really sure how it works, sorry. If I took out the Tomato, Avocado and Cucumber salad, my daily diet would look like this:

Breakfast: 500ML Orange Juice with Olive Oil and Egg Yolk (Egg Yolk at the moment is only a few tablespoons, increasing it gradually as advised)

Snack: Mashed Bananas with Olive Oil

Lunch: Apple, Pear and Strawberry Fruit Salad in Orange Juice with Olive Oil

Dinner: 50g (Do I need more than this?) Raw Salmon

Before Bed: 500ML Orange Juice with Olive Oil and Egg Yolk

Am I getting all of the nutrients that I need? What else could be added? Please advise thanks a lot for any help you can give me very much appreciated.
superman

Post by superman »

Sorry my post should say a few teaspoons of Egg Yolk, not tablespoons.
nick

Re: Help Please

Post by nick »

superman wrote: I have acne but it is not severe, I have about 15 or so spots dotted around my face, some parts are worse than others, I get whiteheads, not blackheads, I'm 18 and have had it since I was about 13. I'm about 6 foot 2 and weigh about 11 stones. I'm looking eventually to get the 'fight club look' but I want to tackle the acne problem first and foremost and then I can think about that. So my ultimate goal if you like is clear skin and the FCL.
Sounds like good goals!
I tried to start the Acne Sample Diet today. I went to the supermarket yesterday and bought the following: Orange Juice (Tropicana, 100% Pure Squeezed Orange Juice, hope this is alright?)
Well, technically you should only drink fresh squeezed OJ.
The OJ from the market has been pastuerized, heat treated, which does originate 'dirty' protein.
But it will contain the least amount of 'dirty' protein as fruit doesn't have such high amounts of protein like meat.
However, for best results, fresh is the best way to see results.
, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Eggs, 150g Raw Salmon, Apples, Bananas, Pears, Strawberries, Tomatoes, Avocados, Cucumber. My problem is this, I tried the Tomato, Avocado and Cucumber salad today and really didn't enjoy it, I don't think I could eat it everyday, are there essential nutrients in it that need replaced or am I already getting the nutrients I need from the other foods listed above?
You don't need the salad at all as long you get sufficient nutrients from other fruits that you like.
The first six months I couldn't stand the salad and rarely ate it. Yet know I crave that combination.

Also, are you sure the fish hasn't been frozen?
Did you ask the mongerer?
Frozen fish can easily cause new spots.
I have tried to use the nutrient calculator and it confuses me, not really sure how it works, sorry. If I took out the Tomato, Avocado and Cucumber salad, my daily diet would look like this:
Check out this thread, it explains the nutrient calculator and those missing items.
Breakfast: 500ML Orange Juice with Olive Oil and Egg Yolk (Egg Yolk at the moment is only a few tablespoons, increasing it gradually as advised)

Lunch: Apple, Pear and Strawberry Fruit Salad in Orange Juice with Olive Oil

Dinner: 50g (Do I need more than this?) Raw Salmon

Before Bed: 500ML Orange Juice with Olive Oil and Egg Yolk
You need to eat more. Think nine meals a day. You can put some juice in a bottle and carry it where ever you go and always some energy in case you are near some food.
50 grams of salmon is fine.
Am I getting all of the nutrients that I need? What else could be added? Please advise thanks a lot for any help you can give me very much appreciated.
You need to eat more, then you'll make sure you'll get all your nutrients.
Also read that thread about the nutrient calculator.
superman

Post by superman »

So if I changed my daily diet to something like this would it be alright?

500ML Orange Juice with Egg Yolk and Olive Oil
Two Bananas, 200ML Orange Juice and Olive Oil
Two Kiwis, 200ML Orange Juice and Olive Oil
Two Apples, 200ML Orange Juice and Olive Oil
Two Pears, 200ML Orange Juice and Olive Oil
75G Raw Salmon
500ML Orange Juice with Egg Yolk and Olive Oil

I will increase the Egg Yolk every few days.

Thanks for your reply Nick, just need to know if I'm getting this right or not, sticking it out for two weeks or more is not a problem for me.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Hi Superman,

Ive submitted your version of the diet to the nutrient calculator.
http://www.3.waisays.com/calculator.html

First I submitted your version without any oil or sugar, drinking 2 L of orange juice, but then you will still lack energy, so then I gradually added olive oil and sugar until your energy requirements (according to official recommendations; 2900 kcal) are met, and it appears you would need to add about 90 ml of olive oil and 90 gram of sugar to your 2L of orange juice.
Of course it may be that you need more or less energy, depending on your actual activities. Drink as much OJ as you need for energy.

Regarding your food-schedule:
You will need to fill 2 plastic bottles (like coca-cola bottles) with OJ with sugar and oil added, and carry one of them with you all the time, so that whenever your blood sugar goes down a bit (when you feel less energetic), you have to take a sip or two.
If you dont, you are at risk of using muscles for energy, and then you will get thinner and thinner.
Works perfectly fine for me!

Also, you better take those 2 egg yolks in one sitting, in the night, and not one in the morning and one in the evening. Also, you need to eat the salmon at night, or at a time that you know for sure you will not be physically active for the next 1.5 hours.
This is important for both consuming egg yolks and fish, because if you do something that makes your heart beat faster after having consumed egg yolk / fish, it compromises digestion a bit, resulting in new acne (my experience).
So, only eat the yolks/fish when you can sit at the couch / your desk for a couple of hours after.

Oh, and when you start increasing your egg yolk intake, you need to decrease your salmon intake. Its most practical to consume (100 gram) salmon for 3 days a week and (100 gram) egg yolks for 4 days a week, simply because then you can buy 300 grams of salmon (a bit more, because the skin doesnt count) and lots of eggs only once a week; the first 3 days you eat salmon (it lasts 3 days max), and the next 4 days you eat the yolks.
Of course, you can also eat raw tuna instead, for example.
superman

Post by superman »

Thanks for your reply RRM. So what your saying is that following the diet that I posted earlier (OJ, OO, Yolks, Bananas, Kiwis, Apples, Pears, Strawberries, Salmon) I am getting all of the nutrients that I need but not enough energy? So I need to drink more OJ throughout the day to get more energy, more or less depending on what I'm doing during the day? I don't like the idea of adding sugar to my OJ, so couldn't I simply drink more OJ with OO?

Also, how many Yolks make 100g? Is 100g of Yolk going to give me enough protein each day for four days?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

superman wrote:So I need to drink more OJ throughout the day to get more energy, more or less depending on what I'm doing during the day?
Yes.
I don't like the idea of adding sugar to my OJ, so couldn't I simply drink more OJ with OO?
Sure!
Also, how many Yolks make 100g? Is 100g of Yolk going to give me enough protein each day for four days?
Depends on the size of course, but its about 8 egg yolks.
Yes, 100 gram of egg yolks a day supplies you with enough protein, just as 100 gram fish / day does. (fruits also contain protein)
superman

Post by superman »

Alright, thanks again for your reply. I've tweaked the diet again and it now looks something like this:

Two Medium Bananas then straight after 500ML OJ with 8TBS OO and some Cucumber
Two Apples then 500ML OJ with 8TBS OO
Two Kiwis then 500ML OJ with 8TBS OO
Two Pears then 500ML OJ with 8TBS OO
100G Raw Salmon with 500ML OJ with 8TBS OO or 500ML OJ with 8TBS OO and 8 Egg Yolks and some Cucumber

I'm going to buy a waterbottle today and take your adivce and sip OJ with OO between these meals. Am I following the diet correctly now?
superman

Post by superman »

Also, at the moment this is the OJ that I am drinking: http://www.tropicana.com/TRP_ProductInf ... oductID=21

It is the same as that one except the one I drink does have pulp. Is this alright? I hope it is because it's not possible for me to juice fresh oranges at the moment.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

superman wrote:Two Medium Bananas then straight after 500ML OJ with 8TBS OO and some Cucumber
Thats way too much for one sitting. Just eat one piece of fruit or a few sips of juice in one sitting. Otherwise your blood sugar level is spiked way too much.
In practise, you keep on eating / drinking all day, in very small meals.
superman wrote:Also, at the moment this is the OJ that I am drinking: http://www.tropicana.com/TRP_ProductInf ... oductID=21
Its not 100% fresh juice. It has had some treatment to make it last, but maybe you are not that susceptible to acne.
Its a gamble; it may work for you, or not.
If it doesnt, you know whats the cause...
superman

Post by superman »

Alright. So I should just eat maybe one piece of fruit evey hour or so, OJ with OO between and OJ, OO and Egg Yolk or Raw Salmon at night?

I've been on the diet for a few days now and have broke out with lots of small whiteheads and a few larger ones. I have read that this is a good thing, right? Should I leave the small whiteheads alone? Will they dry up and fall off? Should I drain the larger ones?

I've also noticed that the skin on my face that is not effected seems clearer, so I suppose this is another good thing?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

superman wrote:Alright. So I should just eat maybe one piece of fruit evey hour or so, OJ with OO between and OJ, OO and Egg Yolk or Raw Salmon at night?
Yes. Eat the yolks / salmon / tuna when you are sure you are not going to be physically active afterwards.
I've been on the diet for a few days now and have broke out with lots of small whiteheads and a few larger ones. I have read that this is a good thing, right? Should I leave the small whiteheads alone? Will they dry up and fall off? Should I drain the larger ones?
Yes, its a good sign; the trapped pus and sebum is now surfacing.
You can drain the whiteheads, but when you use a needle to puncture the surface of the whitehead, first heat it in the flame of a candle or lighter.
Mostly its best to drain the whiteheads, as when you leave it alone, it may increase in size, covering a bigger surface, and therefore leaving a bigger 'wound'.
I've also noticed that the skin on my face that is not effected seems clearer, so I suppose this is another good thing?
Yes. Within a few days you will first notice that your skin is much softer. After that, the clearing up will start. It may be a slow process, but the only thing you need is progress.
superman

Post by superman »

Not sure if this is worth mentioning but I've seen other people mention it in their threads so I'll go ahead. I've noticed my urine is much darker in the morning and smells worse, is this a good sign? Also, today my stool was quite liquidy and lighter, again, is this good?

About the yolks and salmon, I've read on another thread that too much of either can cause breakouts, since my acne is reasonably mild, do you think that 100g of either should be alright for me?

Thanks for your replies so far RRM, really helping me to get my head around this diet.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

superman wrote:I've noticed my urine is much darker in the morning and smells worse, is this a good sign?
If you are sticking to the rules regarding fish / egg yolk intake, yes its a good sign; you just started, and redundant protein gets deported. Soon your ruine will get much lighter and less smelly.
Also, today my stool was quite liquidy and lighter
Yes, thats the fruits. The stool from fruits is lighter. There is also less hard to digest fiber in your stool now, which makes it less solid.
since my acne is reasonably mild, do you think that 100g of either should be alright for me?
Yes.