Was already almost clear, but now completely

Share your testimony to encourage others.
Frost
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Was already almost clear, but now completely

Post by Frost »

Just wanted to say that after being on the diet for about 5 days i got a breakout for the first time in years around my mouth and chin area. it has now been about 3 weeks since i started wais and my skin has completely cleared up. mind you, my skin was about 98% clear previous to wais, but now it is much smoother, softer, less oily and much more healthy looking.

Success stories are always a good motivator for others right? I would imagine those with severe acne would have to wait longer then me, not necessarily, for their skin to clear. but it is evidence that all it takes it commitment and time.
avo

Post by avo »

Excellent!

Yes, it is more difficult for some. I personally can only tolerate 60g raw fish, so I was wondering why I continued to get acne when I ate 100g fish each day while sticking to Wai. You have to see what works for you, and stay within those boundaries, and then all it takes is a little time before you get clear skin.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good to hear! :)
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Why does it take 6 months for some people to clear and only two weeks for others?
Negativity is the cult of the weak
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dionysus wrote:Why does it take 6 months for some people to clear and only two weeks for others?
Its probably due to differences in the capacity to reuptake 'dirty protein' in the lymphe and blood vessels and to decompose them. (im gonna move this thread to 'positive differences' soon)
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

RRM wrote:
dionysus wrote:Why does it take 6 months for some people to clear and only two weeks for others?
Its probably due to differences in the capacity to reuptake 'dirty protein' in the lymphe and blood vessels and to decompose them. (im gonna move this thread to 'positive differences' soon)
So what do you do if you do have this problem. Reduce animal protein to 50g (if a man) or even zero? And try to obtain all required protein from fruits...

I understand a few people have this problem. Must be quite hard to deal with. Have you met anyone who has been unsuccessfull on the Wai Diet due to their testosterone levels?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dionysus wrote:So what do you do if you do have this problem.
Reducing protein intake more cannot be done, as then your protein intake would be too low (when Brazil nuts need to be excluded as well), so that then free amino acid supplementation is required.
If the cause is hormonal, however, then one may need to see what one can do (hormone therapy) to eliminate the hormonal factor.
I understand a few people have this problem. Must be quite hard to deal with. Have you met anyone who has been unsuccessfull on the Wai Diet due to their testosterone levels?
Yes, two men. (a few years ago)
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

RRM wrote:
Reducing protein intake more cannot be done, as then your protein intake would be too low (when Brazil nuts need to be excluded as well),
Oh ok. So the male 100g Sashimi limit which is set (50g women, 60g short gentlemen) is actually the minimum requires as well. Less that this could cause protein deficiency (if sustained over time) which in itself causes acne.
RRM wrote: ...so that then free amino acid supplementation is required.
But do such supplements in themselves cause acne?
RRM wrote: If the cause is hormonal, however, then one may need to see what one can do (hormone therapy) to eliminate the hormonal factor.
You mean if the testostorone levels are two high?
RRM wrote:
Yes, two men. (a few years ago)
:( Did these gentlemen try hormone therapy?
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

PS
RRM wrote:
Wouldn't working out help if you had this problem. Because then you would be burning off the redundent protein?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dionysus wrote:But do such supplements in themselves cause acne?
If they contain all amino acids? yes, because then its just extra protein again. But if you only increase protein quality (eg extra methionine) a larger part will get used for construction purposes (and less for energy), while just very little extra protein was ingested. Of course, this extra amino acids must be 'clean' (readily utilized).
You mean if the testostorone levels are two high?
Yes, or progesterone, for example.
Did these gentlemen try hormone therapy?
I dont know. I lost contact (too many people!)
dionysus wrote:
RRM wrote: Its probably due to differences in the capacity to reuptake 'dirty protein' in the lymphe and blood vessels and to decompose them. (im gonna move this thread to 'positive differences' soon)
Wouldn't working out help if you had this problem. Because then you would be burning off the redundent protein?
Maybe, but it could never completely prevent all acne. (acne may already be caused by just 'a moment' of water retention)
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Thanks RRM. Really helpful :)