The most rewarding and challenging 30 days

Share your testimony to encourage others.
colombiansmiles21
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

The most rewarding and challenging 30 days

Post by colombiansmiles21 »

Let me tell you guys my story:

In March 2006 my mother read a book on how what we eat is the source of most diseases and problems that we may have. She immediately encouraged me to read the book. This book lead me to another book and to another book and to another book which led me to raw food. I immediately wanted to start raw but I was constantly unsatisfied. A raw food website led me to WAI and I read the entire book in about 2 days. I started wai about June 2006 but I did not do things correctly and I cheated a lot. Every weekend I would give myself a break for being so good the entire week and I would ruin everything.
Every single Sunday I would beat myself up and feel horrible like bloated, unmotivated, sad, depressed (this was from friday, saturday and sunday of breaking the Wai diet). EVery single monday I would start again on wai and my thursday I was loving myself. I would be so proud of myself and then the weekend would come again....my boyfriend would invite to eat at his house with his family...or friends...and then truth I didnt want to be the ODD one eating only fruit. I did NOT want to be the WEIRD one....and the only one not eating yummy food. Part of the reason I could not keep on the diet in front of other people is because my acne was ugly (pimples on my cheeks) and so I felt like I couldn’t defend the diet because I still had pimples. I did not want people to think I was crazy or silly for trying this diet. This kept happening...and I would get stricter...but ALWAYS some "SPECIAL OCCASION" would arise...and I was back on cooked food. I got better...but the cycle continued.
THEN....30 DAYS AGO I decided ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH. I wanted to give myself a chance. I made a decision that I was going to try the Wai diet for at least a year. I wanted to give this diet a REAL chance. Not just 2 months or 3 months ,but AT LEAST one year. I realized that change can sometimes be slow, especially when it comes to cellulite!!! Well, one day I made the decision that I don’t care what people think of my fruit diet. I KNOW that people would have to get used to me. I KNOW that people around me will adapt. I KNOW that eventually they will see how good I look and I am feeling, and they will want to try the diet themselves. So on that day 30 days ago I opened an email account just for the WAI diet. Meaning EVERY SINGLE day I log into my email account (waiforlife@yahoo.com) and I write the date and what day of my WAI diet. EVERY SINGLE DAY (even 2-3 times a day) I type in my experiences and my hardships and the changes I’ve witnessed. This email is very private so I can write down ANYTHING I am feeling about my experience on WAI. ALSO on the palm of my hand EVERY SINGLE DAY I write down what day of the diet it is for me. For example, on day 5 of the diet I just write a medium sized 5 on the palm of my hand. When ever I feel down about the diet or I feel like I am going to give in to cooked food, I just looked at my palm and at the hard work I’ve done. I AM SO PROUD to say that on my palm today there is a 30. My face looks freaken awesome!!!!! I’ve been on 100% WAI for 30 days and I know it doesn’t seem like much but for me it’s a breakthrough. Its been hard. Sometimes when I go out to eat with my parents or friends or boyfriend I’ve had to pretend to eat stuff. Like I’ll order some pasta dish but with a side of mixed fruit plate and then ill eat the fruit but just move the pasta around as if I’m eating it. I know this sounds lame, but it’s what I’ve had to do. Because I am slowly letting people know about WAI. I only tell people that I know can handle it.
For me change has come slowly BUT its worth every single minute of it. I know this change is real and I know I put a lot of hard work and effort into it. Now on day 30 I feel good about eating this way and I feel like it’s a habit now. It’s so natural for me now. At the beginning it took A LOT OF discipline. A LOT. Discipline that I didn’t know I could have. I am still going to write down the numbers on my hand and write myself an email everyday. I will do this for at least one to two years. I am very happy to be able to share this experience with you guys.
:lol:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Wow, thank you...
It warms my heart to read this.
Its so inspiring and so open.
Posts like yours is why WaiSays is here.
And posts like yours is what keeps us going.
Thank you!!!
dionysus

Re: The most rewarding and challenging 30 days

Post by dionysus »

:D x1000

The beginning is really really hard. It does become very easy though.

The main points i have come across over the years are:
(i) As long as you keep your energy levels up then you don't crave.
(ii) Listen to your body: Find out the 'optimal' energy level for you to feel good.
(iii) Determine what sugar:fat ratio suits you best. I like 1:1. While RRM likes 2:1.
colombiansmiles21 wrote:It’s so natural for me now.
This is so true. I think to myself nowadays "What was all the fuss about in the beginning?"

I don't find the diet hard anymore. It is...very natural.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Well done!!!

Make sure to ask any question you have.
And thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Seth

Post by Seth »

dionysus wrote: I don't find the diet hard anymore. It is...very natural.
Definitely! The only problem I run across sometimes is when some people get offended when they offer me food and I decline. I even had one person think that I did it as a statement to say I am too good to eat in her company. Why do people have to be so concerned with themselves? :)
colombiansmiles21

Post by colombiansmiles21 »

Its my 32th day on the 100% WAI diet! YAY!! How other people react and what other people think has been THE HARDEST part of this diet. People are really delicate when it comes to food, especially if they took the time to prepare it themselves. I try not to take it personally when people say negative things about me not eating their food. When I feel like its really really really necessary, I just pretend to eat their food :wink: Like we say in Colombia "me hago la boba" meaning I just play dumb sometimes when it comes to visiting other people's houses and eating their food. When there is a crowd of people, no one will really notice you not eating their food. I dont know but YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO for your health and your happiness. :D Sometimes I guess its not wise to announce to the hole world that you are on a raw fruit diet. I guess thats what works for me in maintaining this diet. Much motivation for everyone!!!!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Perfect. As we all have different personalities, what works best is different per person. Im happy you are finding your way, colombiansmiles21.
Seth wrote:Why do people have to be so concerned with themselves? :)
Because they are people...
dancs

Post by dancs »

wow...thanks for the post! it's so inspiring. Im going to open an email account as well, so i can write to myself to stay motivated. I'll even write down what i eat everyday...the wai diary! I'm going to go raw 100%, starting tomorow.
Frost

Post by Frost »

awesome man, glad to have you join us
Sunkist

Post by Sunkist »

wow!! what an awesome story and you really hsrae d some greta tips on sticking with Wai and making it a part of your whole life...even when you go to visit friends/family/eat out in restaurants etc

ALso what I can really relate to is you not wanting to feel the odd person out, so you often used to just go along with the crowd...but you know what? I think it's fantatsic that now you have stepped into your possible roll as leader and inspiration to others to also come out of the "crowd" and be special...do something special for yourself and your body!!

I also love the idea about writing the Day # on your hand as a reminder of how far you had come at that moment...sometimes it
's easy to just lose all sense of time and accomplishment or goals during a busy day at work etc. so when you look down at your hand, seeing that number really keeps you on track!

keep up the great work and stay strong and keep inspiring others!!! :D