My immune system is bad ass!

Share your testimony to encourage others.
MJ
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

My immune system is bad ass!

Post by MJ »

I gotten the typical results of no acne, no bad breath, no negative body odor, smoother and softer skin, receding gums healing, etc.... However, I feel the most incredible result that I did not expect was how strong my immune system has gotten. Let me quickly mention that I took the Wai Diet principles and added raw beef, raw shrimp, raw octopus, and raw oyster into my diet in addition to the raw egg yoke and raw fish. I have definitely challenged my system with higher bacteria levels by adding a greater variety of raw animal food (by the way, I don't eat all that stuff in one day).

I get ingrown toe nails often and ever since I was a teen, the side of my toe would get infected whenever I would remove the ingrown toe nail myself. It would get infected 100% of the time even if I put antibiotic ointment. The infection would last quite a while and be very painful. After the Wai Diet, I have never gotten an infection and I don't even put any antibiotic oilment on it anymore.

A little while ago, I accidentally ate some raw fish that started to spoil. It tasted funny to me, but I still finished it. A friend of mine also ate the spoiled fish and she immediately got a headache and had diarrhea a few hours later. I had no negative symptoms. No stomach ache, no headache, no diarrhea.

I have a 2 year old and 3 year old who is also on this diet. They rarely ever get sick and if they do get ill, the symptoms are extremely mild and they recover very quickly. In the past, when my sons would get sick, the illness would eventually transfer to my wife and I. Now when one child gets sick, no one else gets sick, not even the other child. I have not been ill since being on the Wai Diet and I have intentionally shared drinking cups with my son when he was ill just to see if I could get it to transfer to me. I never got sick. My nanny has intentionally allowed people with the flu to come into contact with my sons and my sons never got sick.

My youngest son used to get diaper rash when he was ill, especially he had some diarrhea. It was like torture to him when we would have to clean his butt when he had diaper rash. Since being on the Wai Diet, my 2 year old has never gotten any diaper rash.

In the past, when I would tell people that I eat raw animal food, they would ask about salmanella and e. coli. I used to tell them how I would buy quality food rather than the standard supermarket food. Now I just tell them that I have no fear of stuff like that.

I know many people do the Wai Diet for acne. The aesthetic benefits are great, however, for me, the effect on my immune system has been priceless.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Thanks for sharing. :)
I have exactly the same experience (well, not with the kids).
Christina

Post by Christina »

MJ, that is fantastic. I wish there was more people like you. The world would be a better place. It is awsome that your kids get to eat like this. They are so lucky. Makes me feel so happy to hear about this. :D
You guys don't by chance live in Santa Barbara? I only get to meet raw foodies that are vegan here. We have one other friend who eats animal products raw, too. But the more the better!
MJ

Post by MJ »

I am in northern CA, near San Jose.

I've started my kids on this diet, but I wish I started them as soon as they were off breast milk. Actually, I wish we knew about this diet when my wife was pregnant. I can imagine how much easier it would have been to deal with illness, but at least I started them at this age.

Along with this dietary change, I have also threw out all over-the-counter medications we had in the house, got rid of all toxic cleaning products and replaced them with all natural cleaning products, and thrown out all the typical personal care products (as they were poisonous too).

I am by no means some sort of hippy environmentalist as my motives are purely selfish as I want optimal health for my family and I. However, what I eventually realized was that when I took action to optimize my own health, I was naturally helping the environment.
Biev

Post by Biev »

That gives me hope, because I'm someone who gets sick constantly. Every other week, usually. Doctors currently speculate that something is wrong with my kidneys that is causing infections that never really go away, but that I get used to and eventually stop noticing. I'll need tests to verify that theory, but I'll have to wait until I'm back in a country where poor people can afford to go to hospitals :roll:

Either way something is causing me to constantly fight infections and every four to six months they get the better of me, plus I catch every virus that anyone brings to my home. *sigh* In the 8 weeks since I've started the diet, I've gotten sick twice (flu, then a few weeks later, urinary tract infection). Getting sick once every four weeks might seem like a lot to most people but for me it's a bit of an improvement.
Christina

Post by Christina »

People who grow up in a sterile environment or are treated with medication/antibiotics a lot are more likely to get sick. They have a weak immune system. It is good to let a cold etc. run it's course because it builds the im. sy. up. The longer you wait to do that, the worse the illnesses become, until it seems unbearable to go without antibiotics. The most healthy people often are those who never went to a hospital once. That's where being poor can be a good thing. I'm not saying to bear pain. Do what you have to do. But when you have a cold etc., I wouldn't just run to the doctor. Drink lukewarm water with lemon juice and cold pressed honey to help with a infection/cold. About the kidneys. Kidney problems can be a sign of fear and worries. Try to trust the universe to protect you and relax more. Otherwise, do you or did you drink a ton? Because that can be a huge strain on the kidneys. Try not to drink more than 3 sips of fluid at a time as a habbit.
MJ was mentioning Aajonous in another post. He says that a body that gets sick needs to detox. So, if a cold comes along, it does so to support your body to transport irritants out. The more toxic the body the more sick it needs to get to heal. The cold is not the enemie. The doctors who try and supress the symptoms, is.
I don't believe that I have to be sick to get healthy and detox all the time like Aajonous but if I get sick, I let it run it's course. I heardly ever get sick. Since I've been raw 7 years ago I've never gone to a doctor except blood check ups for my green card. And before that, I used to get sick all the time with strep throughts. People have got it backwards with the virus and bacteria theory. It's the natural course of life for bacteria to take apart and remove dead, rotting material. Like, how a dead body gets taken apart by worms etc.. And if the body is sick it needs to decompose material, too. The bacteria only come as nature intended. ........I could just keep writing, but maybe you're not even into it. :)
MJ

Post by MJ »

Yeah, I rarely ever took medication, especially antibiotics, even before the Wai Diet. It been a very long time since I took oral antibiotics.

Let me also mention that I don't really eat cooked munchie food anymore. I used to eat some cooked munchie food once every few days, however, I noticed that it took me 7 days to clear out the problem that 1 meal created for my skin. In addition, my stomach usually felt like I ate mud afterwards. I eventually felt the trade off wasn't worth it. In addition, after reading a book called "The Omnivore's Dilemma" and learning about what happens to "regular food" that get you get at the supermarket or restaurant, I really don't want to eat it anymore.

My munchie food now is like adding a pinch of sea salt or pepper, maybe using some cilantro or rosemary, or a using a bit of raw agave nectar. I've looked in several raw food books for ideas different recipes too. If a raw food book as 100 recipes, I find that I can possibly use 3 or 4 that coinicide with Wai Diet principles.

What has really helped my immune system (besides eating 100% raw) was the addition of a greater variety of raw animal food. Not only has my body got more accustomed to a higher bacterial level, but eating a variety of meats really helps satisfy my cravings. I really had to figure out different recipes to make it taste good.

My extended family knowsd my family is on this diet, so they try to work with me when it comes to going to restaurants. We will tend to go to Japanese restaurants because I can eat the raw fish there.
Biev

Post by Biev »

Obviously I don't run to the doctor's for a cold : P
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

What also helps to build a good immune system is to be less hygienic. We've become accustomed to using soaps, detergents, etc to clean ourselves and our environment. Washing our hands often, scrubbing dishes, etc. Getting rid of the bacteria our body needs to build its defense system. :?