99.999% versus 100% - my life on the sample-est diet

Share your testimony to encourage others.

What is the reason you talk about munch food on this forum??? (JUST TEASING YOU... :-) )

Munch food is very important for your health.
No votes
When living in society you cannot possibly be happy without eating some munch food. So even if I could restrain from eatig it, I would make myself have some munch food every now and then to be more normal.
10%
We don't want to be as healthy as possible - only get rid of major disease like acne, cancer or obesity. If we don't eat any munch food we'll be too different from other people - it is too extreme.
7%
Avoiding munch food for life would be the best. However, I believe that nobody is strong enough to do what is the BEST for his body for a lifetime - so we have to talk about semi-destructive paths to know what else can we eat except the sample diet
30%
We talk about munch food because it is harmful - we talk about it in order to avoid eating it
No votes
We talk about munch food because Wai talks about it and she seems to be eating it herself.
3%
What is munch food? why munch food?! arn't we supposed to eat RAW food to stay healthy and happy? this is very confusing... I don't eat any munch food only the sample diet.
50%

Total votes: 30
Gavriel
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Gavriel »

well written
well stated

proud to have such a reply on my testimony thread :wink:

I am withya Oscar!!!

Give me a call when the "revolution" starts and I will go burn some paper Euros with you and send bankers home giving them fruits to eat and some good movies for the transition periods until they find something better to do discovering their "inner motivation".

It's fun this forum...
:mrgreen:
Mark

Post by Mark »

Oscar, if the society you have described is so ideal, why has it not happened somewhere already?
By their fruits shall ye know them.
Gavriel

Post by Gavriel »

Dear Mark,

I am not sure whether it is a valid question you are asking.
But I believe it's a valid answer to your question :P

= the reason (that this society does not exist) is that Oscar is talking about an ideal society.

here is a definition of the word "ideal":
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main Entry: ideal
Part of Speech: adjective 2
Definition: conceptual
Synonyms: abstract, chimerical, dreamlike, extravagant, fanciful, fictitious, high-flown, hypothetical, imaginary, impractical, intellectual, ivory-tower, mental, mercurial, notional, quixotic, theoretical, transcendent, transcendental, unattainable, unearthly, unreal, Utopian, visionary
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Oscar said an IDEAL might be utopic yet not impossible.
If it is technically impossible then it is not a valid ideal (thinking in an ancient Greek style)
An ideal model is there to give a direction and maybe finally reaching it.
Typically, ideals are not achieved by themselves - the word implies a conscious choice to go in a certain direction.

For example one could say that democracy is based on the ideal of equal chances (that does not mean that democracy is equal chances). Democracy is not happening until somebody comes up with the abstract idea of creating a group which chooses it's own leaders who have a limited power for a limited period where every member of the group has a formally equal influence on the style in which he is being ruled by the leader/s.

One of the rare cases where an ideal is in fact a real natural state is Wai's diet. In that sense it is not an ideal but a historical discovery.
But even in that case in our modern world the diet will not happen if we don't make a choice...

G.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Wow, I like this thread...

Gavriel, maybe you can add this option to the poll?

"Munchfoods are there so that people who are not as strong as others still have the opportunity to be on this diet without having to beat themselves up over not being able to be 100% strict all the time"

Im on the strict sample diet myself, since 1995, with occasionally (once a month) some ginger or a drop of soy sauce, but there are so many people who cannot maintain such a strict diet. I believe we should try to let them feel that they can do this diet too, even if they cheat regularly.
I believe that 'demanding' 100% strictness would turn people away that could do the diet less strictly, and feel great with it.
Gavriel

Post by Gavriel »

[I dont have permission to edit poll questions after a selection has been made - you can set the permission in the admin panel...]

Dear RRM,

I agree.
Munch food studies are useful both for those who are 100% strict and those who are not strict at all.

I believe though that it is important to remind to the peopel here that 100% WOULD BE better for them.
It is not about "beating up", it is about creating a trend of optimal THINKING about nutrition. As a result, all the people involved will have more inner strength to follow their goals (however compromizing the goals are).
Somebody who is following the diet only very partially will have more inspiration to go another step toward optimal eating.
I would have more strength to eat more often.
You would have more strength to avoid ginger once a month.

We need to remeber the optimum in order to have something to strive for, and know that we have NOT tried everything yet.
At the basis of this diet for me is the security that people can cure themselves by eating well.
In that conjunction, munch food should come as additional information.

Honestly, when I was reading Wai's texts for the first time. The main expression which stayed in my mind was "munch food munch food munch food..." it was almost like a mantra
In the following months - whenever I thought about the diet I thought about munch food - becasue Wai wrote this expression in nearly every pharagraph.

I would preffer to seperate the whole theory about munch food and further all the discussions about making the diet more "user friendly" from the raw GROUNDBREAKING knowledge of "what's best" "what's optimal" "what is the truth about degenerative deseases" etc...

To be even more daring, I challenge you that if you woudl be sorounded (in this forum) by people who are all eating 100% clean, you might have easily avoided the ginger in your diet.

The way you present the information makes people think that the diet is all about doing the MINIMUM needed to eliminate acne.
This is a real shame!!
You shoudl do the MAXIMUM and let yourself be surprised with results you did not even expect.

Try it yourself RRM, avoid ginger and soya (and nuts) for half a year.
Tell us wheather you feel any significant difference (not on the skin - but in your general well being, concentration, mood etc...)

You see what I mean??

Most warmly
Gavriel
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Mark wrote:Oscar, if the society you have described is so ideal, why has it not happened somewhere already?
Contrary to a personal change, like the diet, this is about a community/society change. For best results even a global change. That doesn't happen so easily. A sort of system like this exists in the Vipassana centers, where everything happens on a basis of volunteer work and gifts.
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

Oscar,

May I ask if you have experienced a Vipassana retreat before?

I recently spoke with a chap who had just returned from a Vipassana centre in Osaka - he spoke passionately about the entire experience; it is certainly something I would love to witness.

James
x
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

No I haven't, but Corinne has. Maybe she can tell you something about it.
Justin

Post by Justin »

I'm basically 100%, the only problem is orange juice to add my oil and sometimes sugar to. It would take way too many oranges to press to make a sufficient amount, which would cost too much (oranges are quite expensive here £1 for 5 or so) and unpasteurized organge juice is over double the price. So i regularly drink pastuerized juice :(.
I've been doing this diet for like 5 months now, and it's just great, can't see why anyone wouldn't prefer this way of eating. Constantly enjoying sweet foods, delicious satisfying fatty foods, and raw egg yolk and salmon are the tastiest foods of all. The only problem is cost and ingesting enough calories, these two issues do cause me the occasional problem, especially living in England where the average person has like 1 piece of fruit in their shopping basket, therefore fruit is really expensive and the supermarkets and fruit shops can take the mick with their price, but it's definately sustainable, just have to pick the right fruits.
My diet if anyone is interested.
I eat whatever fruits are cheapest and available but this is the general preferred diet.
- 1/2 litre of Orange juice + 100g olive oil + sugar if physically active.
- 2 Mangos
- 2 Apples
- Lots of grapes
- 1/2 a melon
- 2+ Avocadoes
- 100g dried figs/dates/apricots.
- 10 medium egg yolks
- 125g salmon
Good luck all, keep up the good health.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Personally I wouldn't buy oranges at a supermarket, but try to get them at a cheaper immigrant's store, or at a wholesaler by the crate.
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

Justin, one thing I have noticed returning to the UK is just how cheap fresh produce is - especially compared to here!

Do you experience any problems drinking cartoned orange juice - is this 'safe' according to Wai/RRM et. al?

Cheers,
James
Justin

Post by Justin »

Oh right, I guess i mean it's more expensive than a regular diet not neccessarily that the produce here is more expensive. I'm very selective and careful about the fruits i buy, buying berries, plums, fresh apricots is ridiculous. Some fruits are simply too expensive, considering the small amount of energy they give you aswell. Dried fruits are reasonably priced here, also apples, pears etc are all sustainable.
I haven't experienced any 'problems' drinking cartoned juice, i assume ur asking about acne? I've never really had an acne problem i'm doing this diet for other reasons, but the juice seems fine to me, although i'd much prefer to buy raw juice. It's heated to like 60 degrees does anyone think thats hot enough to create any 'toxins' considering it contains very little protein aswell. It's so cheap compared to making your own!
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

Justin, thanks for your response.

May I ask, how can you tell that the orange juice has been heated to 60 degrees? Is this merely by looking on the side of the box? The reason I ask is that I cannot recall seeing information regarding processing temperature on orange juice cartons over here, other than recommended storage conditions. I assume that the greater the temperature the juice is heated to, the greater the nutrients are 'damaged', yes?

With any luck I will find a reliable source of orange juice shorlty - I recall finding a local store that sold 1L cartons of '100% juice' (containing just oranges and 'kousui' ('perfume')) for 100yen - approximately 50p; not too bad, all things considered.

Cheers,
James
x
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Guys, I don't want to discourage you, but I think cartoned juice isn't so great. OJ will stay fresh for about a day or so, maybe two. So to sell cartoned juice it has to have conservatives, or it has to be pasteurized (heated).
benzapp

Post by benzapp »

Oscar wrote:Guys, I don't want to discourage you, but I think cartoned juice isn't so great. OJ will stay fresh for about a day or so, maybe two. So to sell cartoned juice it has to have conservatives, or it has to be pasteurized (heated).
I'm going to have to disagree. I belong to a food co-op where we get unpasteurized juice from Florida. It comes in Plastic containers but it is very fresh. It has about a 2-3 week shelf life if it is kept at about 40 degrees.

I drink it all the time with no problems.