My Story

Share your testimony to encourage others.
spring
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: My Story

Post by spring »

Very well-written first post, ATK.

Are you Australian by any chance? Because I caught some subtle references that you're from Down Under ... or am I off-track?
ATK

Post by ATK »

Originally posted by spring:

Are you Australian by any chance? Because I caught some subtle references that you're from Down Under ... or am I off-track?
I was born and raised in southern California, and am now living in the Bay Area.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Hi ATK,
Great story and thanks for all the information. :)
I was away for a few days and have been 'digesting' your posts (and related links) slowly!!! :(
I hope for the first, but plan to look further into this question! Any leads welcome!
"You cannot do something you don't know IF you keep on doing what you know"
F.M. Alexander
Leno

Good To Be Back

Post by Leno »

After several years absence from the boards (Jay_1) and one year off the Wai Diet, after being on the diet for 5 years, I'm going to make an attempt to go Wai, again.

Refering to this site and the former community forum was key to helping me maintain the diet before. The wealth of knowledge and experiences on here keep me motivated, which is what I'm seeking. I look forward to discussing the topic with all of you!
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

ATK wrote: Furthermore, I am now more aware than ever about proper exercising techniques
I'm a bit curious. Did you learn about this here?

When you say proper exercising techniques, what do you mean proper for? From what I can tell, the method of exercise recommended by waisays is is done mainly for cosmetic reasons.

If you are only interested in changing how you look I can see how you could call it proper.

I personally would not call it proper for my goals, which are to have a high strength to weight ratio, be able to generate power (such as needed in throwing a full trash bag into a dumpster), maintain flexibility, specially in the hips and shoulders/chest.

I don't think there is such a thing as 'proper' exercise. It really depends on what your goals are. I *personally* don't think it is propoer to take small weights and do high reps focusing on isolating muscles.

I think something like olympic lifting using your whole body is more natural and trains your muscles the way you use them in day to day activities. This leads to a more athletic body that is flexible and can generate power with coordination.

(olympic lifting is not powerlifting)