My joints

Share your testimony to encourage others.
Mrs. Shie
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

My joints

Post by Mrs. Shie »

I wanted to share what I have found different in my body so far, after 2 weeks on the diet.

I usually practice a bit of yoga several days a week. I definitely can say that my joints and tendons feel different. My joints are not so painful and stiff, and my tendons are more flexible.

Before, if I didn't practice for 2 or 3 days, then the next time my joints felt so stiff, like rusted gear, and my tendons very painful. Not any more. Although I am 52, I feel as if all of a sudden I had 35-year old joints. :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Great! :D
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

There are a lot of people who report joint pain relief when they give up grains.
Mrs. Shie

Post by Mrs. Shie »

johndela1 wrote:There are a lot of people who report joint pain relief when they give up grains.
I thought it was giving up meat...
Melt

Post by Melt »

I do tibetan 5 rites everyday and has been on waidiet for more than a year. My agility is far better than 10 years ago. :lol: no joke.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Mrs. Shie wrote:
johndela1 wrote:There are a lot of people who report joint pain relief when they give up grains.
I thought it was giving up meat...
I don't understand; how could grains affect joints?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:how could grains affect joints?
Particularly whole grains are high in purines.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

RRM wrote:
Mr. PC wrote:how could grains affect joints?
Particularly whole grains are high in purines.
Ahh, it's amazing how threads keep coming toward single themes, and I learn something new. :)
Mr. PC

Re: My joints

Post by Mr. PC »

The only bread this site and wikipedia show as high in purines is sweetbread.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=george&dbid=51

My mom has serious problems with her knee cartilage / joints, I told her she should give up / reduce wheat as much as possible, as well as reduce her dairy, and try to eat 2 bananas a day, and have a glass of OJ with an eggyolk in it every night. Is this the best advice for joints? She's wouldn't be willing to give up grains and dairy completely, and she doesn't really believe the things I say, unless she also sees them on TV, but still I really want to help her and am concerned about her knees. I've also tried to teach her how to walk non-heel-toe, of course.
RRM
Administrator

Re: My joints

Post by RRM »

Well, if you want to make sure that she consumes little purines,
one should also advice not to eat herring, redfish, tuna, trout, sardines, anchovies,
heart, liver, lungs, kidney and spleen, and particularly calf (neck sweet bread).