Wais way...

Share your testimony to encourage others.
Queenbee
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Wais way...

Post by Queenbee »

(I´ve changed my post for private reasons - thanks still for participating with your replies so far...)
Last edited by Queenbee on Thu 26 Jan 2006 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

Hello Queenbee, Ami, welcome to the forums!

Whilst I am loathed to admit it, I have been through periods in recent years in which I have binge eaten and then purged myself, yet am not confident enough to say whether I have truly come to terms nor defeated my eating disorders; food dominates my thoughts, however at least by following a raw diet, or better still Wai's recommendations, they are healthy, positive thoughts!

Whilst I do not follow the diet strictly (allowing myself tea and biscuits every so often), I am beginning to find that I no longer need the unhealthy comfort foods that I used to crave so desperately - I feel stronger as a result, knowing that I can have a single piece of chocolate, then put the packet back in the cupboard for another day.

I'm not necessarily saying Wai's diet is a direct result of this, however it is surely helpful to have 'raw rules' to stick with in order to remain healthy ;)

May I wish you all the best for a healthy future - good luck!
James
x
ana

bulimia help

Post by ana »

i've struggled with bulimia/anorexia for the past 5 yrs...and only for the last yr or 2...sorry but having an ED made be lose sense of time...b/c with it happens I'm almost in a trance like state...the purging that is...
well what has helped me the most is this:
surrounding myself with ppl. who are balanced and have a healthy approach to food. I tend to binge and purge in private, so if im around ppl. who have healthy eating habits it helps present reality...that eating normal is possible and I try to emmulate their eating patterns...im talking about eating only when ur hungry and stopping when u are 3/4 full.
this creates a pattern...b/c once u start to binge and purge it becomes addictvie...
2nd i try to clean up my environment..such as dont have massive amounts of junk food or trigger foods in my house and immediate space and I have food that will stop a craving if i have the urge to binge which is followed by burging...for me personally coffee is low-cal and stops my cravings ...also when i get a craving i leave the house or environment i am in...basically the most important thing is no to isolate urself from the world b/c then my negative and addictibe behavior can sometimes take over...i try to get out and do things to take my mind off...gym. walks . shopping..movies...friends..etc.
3rd. i know i get bloated and have chipmunk cheeks the next day...i look terrible after a cycle of binge purge and that site alone is sometimes enough to make me think 2x about purging...
all and all its about creating a habit and pattern...and i would say the first 2 weeks or so after an episode not to have any "bad" foods...until u can handle it..and when u do have "junk" food make sure its the best of the best...small portion size and that u enjoy it with friends or ppl u care about...turn it into something festive...so u program uself that u wont have those foods when ur alone but only for special occasions...
hope that helped...all the best
Gavriel

Post by Gavriel »

My mother was an obusive eater.
What helped her was to change to 100% sample diet.
She was overeating on the fruits as a result for a month and from there on changed her eating habits.

No, she enjoyed a balanced optimal nutrition.

Since two years she concentrates ALL her will power on staying on the 100% diet.
The rest is taken care of automatically.
She looks great, she is calm, and the fruits taste increadibly good to her.

Very simple.

Start by throwing out EVERYTHING in the kitchen which is not part of the sampel diet. That includes all spices, bottles, jars,... everything.
Wash the fridge and all the cupboards (this process has a psichological value...)
Then, for a month do NOT go to meetings with friends where you will be exposed to them eating prepared foods. Invite your close firends to your place and make them something nice and raw to eat.
Always have a LOT of fruits, juices, and dried fruits with you. Always.

Good luck!

[ PS If your addiction is even more acute than my mothers, it might help you to adict yourself to RAW milk products for few months (and besides that be on the 100% diet) and then at once stop the milk prodcuts intake...
My mother made it without this trick.]
sabie

Post by sabie »

it's my turn to toss everything. I have sooo much stuff for baking etc. But, I think you are right Gavriel. Even though I feel committed now by tossing everything I will be taking that final step. I have not been binging but am sure it will still be an issue.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome Ami, and good luck! Looking forward to reading how things go. :)
Queenbee

Thanks...

Post by Queenbee »

(changed..)
Last edited by Queenbee on Thu 26 Jan 2006 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
(((blessings)))
RRM
Administrator

Re: Thanks...

Post by RRM »

Queenbee wrote:I live in Europe and here it seems vitually impossible to get brazil nuts in their shell...does any of you know where I can get them?
You can get them online or at a wholesale biz.
Of course buying wholesale you need to buy a lot, but the good thing is that you can keep them for years, and then its a lot cheaper.
So I became aware of raw food a year ago and started experimenting, but still I got my cravings (uncontrolably) and my bulimia is still there...but maybe the munchie-meals can help me out...
With other raw food diets, you normally dont consume food from animal origin, while good cholesterol is an enormous help regarding normalizing your appetite. And also due to a lack of other nutrients (omega-3 fats / vitamin B12) you are very likely to be susceptible to binges.
And even if your diet did include animal food, you may have consumed too little fat for example, which again makes it extremely hard not to binge.

So, getting all the essential nutrients is extremely important. Its step one.
Step 2: leveling the intake of energy; consuming lots of very small meals and no more big meals.
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

ana, lovely to hear that things are improving for you!

RRM, you are absolutely right about the difficulty of eating small meals regularly - especially in an office/work environment. One of my superiors commented recently that I was eating lunch rather late, I responded that upon following this new lifestyle, we disregard the notion of 'three square meals' in favour of simply eating when our bodies call for it.

Suffice to say, she smiled a little quizzically and wandered off...

Take care,
James
x
Queenbee

Re: Thanks...

Post by Queenbee »

You can get them online or at a wholesale biz.
Of course buying wholesale you need to buy a lot, but the good thing is that you can keep them for years, and then its a lot cheaper.
Thanks RRM :) ...BUT :? ....I have only found american websites selling them, but they don't ship outside the US...at least not the ones I found. Do you have a specific website you can direct me to - that would be a huge help :D
(((blessings)))
Queenbee

Potassium?

Post by Queenbee »

(changed)
Last edited by Queenbee on Thu 26 Jan 2006 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
(((blessings)))
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Most fruits contain potassium, and also salmon and brazil nuts. The diet should provide you with all the nutrients you need. :)

Give your body some time to adjust to the new situation.
Corinne

small meals

Post by Corinne »

Of course at the beginning I had to remind myself to eat enough small meals but now I've gotten the hang of it and into a rhythm. I can feel when my body needs something and usually now what exactly it needs. The key though is to always have fruit and olive oil or OJ with OO and Sugar with you at all times. That way there is little risk of eating something you will regret, or that will be off the sample diet.

I don't suffer from bulimia but as RRM said not eating the food with addictive substances (cooked and processed) will gradually reduce the cravings/binging.
Then your body needs some time to adjust to the good treatment you are giving it. Takes some time, but you will certainly feel better.

Do you eat a lot of bananas? they have a lot of potassium. I eat at least 3 a day. I love them mushed with egg yolk and olive oil... :wink:
Queenbee

Post by Queenbee »

The key though is to always have fruit and olive oil or OJ with OO and Sugar with you at all times. That way there is little risk of eating something you will regret, or that will be off the sample diet.
Hi Corinne, help me out here :) - I see it everywhere, but I am not sure what OJ and OO means exactly. OJ is oil and orangejuice right? But how should I make it...take oranges and squeeze for ages and then add the olive oil? but in which amounts? .

I am afraid that I am eating to much fat/energy and I don´t understand to use the calculator very well...can some one give me a rough idea what some one my "size" should eat in one day? Just give me an example from your own diets...just to get the idea...I would be endlessly grateful! :D

I am 5 feet 4, weighing 125 lbs. and a female :)

Thank you all for your exiting insights and shares...

ami
(((blessings)))
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

OJ = Orange Juice
OO = Olive Oil

I can't really tell you how much you should eat, but as long as you keep to the diet I think you can eat as much as you want/need.