My experiences

Share your testimony to encourage others.
overkees
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

My experiences

Post by overkees »

Hello guys,

I have been on the wai diet for 3 weeks now. My main reasons were getting rid of my constant need for sleep and my laziness. I have an excellent skin though, but it gets pale really really easy. But no acne, apart from a few blackheads on my nose. I already noticed big differences after 3 days on the diet which gave me alot of motivation. I will try to sum up the changes:
The first day was easy, nuts and fruit and 2 egg yolks, no problemo. Lots of energy and constantly checkin the book if it was all good.
The second day was a total horror. My energy levels were low, it started when i got out of bed. I was aggressive the whole day, really moody and constantly sipping juice, munching nuts and not feeling okay. Until i ate like a bag of cassave crisps it was okay again, say about 150 grams.
The next day i felt much better. Starting with a banana avocado lemon egg yolk mix. One of the best smoothies on earth. Much more energy and alertness, but cravings that were almost irrestible.. And cause of social pressure i had some cheese and toast. And a few drinks. My mother told me my face looked terrible, she told me i looked like a total zombie. Really really dark spots around the eye sockets. I always have dark spots underneath my eyes, but this was just creapy. The next morning i had energy lows again and really alot of trouble of getting out of bed. Juicing and eating egg yolks if my life depended on it. And in the midday it was all good.
After like the 3th/4th day i began sweating like a beast, it was a horrible smell. It only lasted for 2 days. And never had sweat attacks ever since.
After about a week, i got outbreaks all over the shoulder area and a few yellowheads on my chin. I never had acne and this really motivated me to go on with the diet. Because it felt like my skin was finally getting cleansed, all natural. Rubbish was coming out, finally. My face also started looking better, more color in my face and the dark spots were getting less.
In the second week i had a few more yellowheads and the old outbreaks are vanishing. My energy levels are really good. I love egg yolks, and i cant wait to get a bite out of a raw mackerel or salmon or a herring which i eat almost every dat. And i like to note that i didnt even like fish before i started the wai diet. I also feel like im hungry all the time, but it's controlable hunger and totally not distracting. But every time i eat something it tastes like heaven. Im really beginning to like the diet.
In the third week there were a few nights which i drank a little alcohol, and drinking alcohol is like the key for unleashing the chained beast. I start having cravings for baked meat and cheeses every time i drink. And sometimes this is the case. But i went to a festival and its really hard to bring food for 4 days.. So i took alot of oiled orange juice with me, dried fruits and nuts. But after 2 days it was all gone. So i had to eat munch foods.. and i felt pretty guilty about it. Trouble getting out of bed in the morning and not feeling okay. But 1 day eating only fruits and yolks an you're up to go again.

I would like to add that every time i eat grains, i become really really stiff the next morning and sleep for like 12 hours. With the fruit and fish diet, its 9 hours of sleep and im fine. And im hoping i can eventually do with like 6/7 hours of sleep.

Theres alot of social pressure to eat with other people, especially when you're a student with a big social life. Im doing small portions and i think its okay to sometimes give your body some extra work, because otherwise if you are forced to eat something munch food after like 2 months on the diet. I think your belly just cant take it anymore.
Im sticking with 4 days in the week eating the sample diet. And 3 days i enjoy hot evening meals and the occasional snack. Most of time in the weekend when there is alcohol in the game.

I would also like to note that if im on the wai i dont feel like smoking, although i was a chainsmoker before wai. But if i had alcohol i begin smoking again.. so im a party smoker once again, alcohol seems to make eating wai really hard.

I hope my confessions can help the people here, and i would really like to hear some of your own sweat experinece of sleep experiences too. Because i couldnt read much about m on this forum. Maybe im the only one, but i would like to find out..
overkees

Re: My experiences

Post by overkees »

I would like to add that i never drink more than 2 or 3 glasses red wine during working days. In the weekend never more than 6 glasses of alcohol a day. I drink 2-3 days in the week.

This is because i had alot of trouble controlling my drinking habit. Almost every day i drank like 6-8 glasses. I quitted drinking for 3 months and then started to drink with moderation. It is working out pretty okay now. Im on this regime for 3 months now.

Weekends are tough when you're a student ;)
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

I'd say you are not really drinking with moderation (according to my standards) if you are drinking 2-3 glasses of wine 2-3 times during workind days, and say, 4-6 glasses daily fri, sat, sunday. And there is always that extra glass one forgot about.. Or something.

I can't help saying this. But it sounds to me like you need to really address your drinking problem. I'd call that the beginning of alcoholism.
I don't say this to me mean. :)'
Perhaps you should try AA? Or stay off the stuff.. All said in the best intention. But better to say it straight. Then I can shut up. :D

And I believe you will need to change your whole eating for a while to really see the changes. ;D Take that as an excuse also to say no to eating and drinking garbage when you do things on social occasions. Say you want to do this detox thing... or sth.. a little lying is ok, for a good cause. :P
overkees

Post by overkees »

The 2-3 days include the weekend, so it's most of the time 1 day in the weekend and 1 or 2 evenings where i enjoy a little wine. Sorry for my poor choice of words. :)

Im really proud i can drink with moderation. Im a student so in the weekends i go out and party. And drinking 6 glasses max isnt that much when going out imo.

But i was just curious at how others tackle these social 'problems'. And if some people had the same experiences with the sweat and stuff.

And the 3 days i eat munch food, i dont eat that much, like maybe 200 grams of dinner with very little proteins and no grain at all. So pasta is a no go. Im not very fond of eating a lot at once cuz im on the wai diet for 3 weeks now. I just stop when my body tells me to stop. I just dont see the point of trying 100% wai and no munch foods at all if i dont have skin problems and my alertness and energy is getting already such a big boost that ive never seen before. And i love cooking. Just very slow, low temperature. And animal food is only heated for a little bit and i prefer it very rare. With good seasoning. I believe tickling your tongue with flavourcombinations and explosions enhances your senses and also helps you mentally. See it as going to the sauna every once in a while.

So 100% wai would never work for me. But 3 days in the week of slow and honoust low temperature cooking, i cant see the problem of that. I already found out what the bad guys are for me: dairy and grains.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thank you for sharing your experiences!!
overkees wrote: i was just curious at how others tackle these social 'problems'. And if some people had the same experiences with the sweat and stuff.
After a while you will find your own answers to the social issues;
you will find the right tricks to tackle these.
I never heard of those 'withdrawal-like' experiences before.
I believe tickling your tongue with flavourcombinations and explosions enhances your senses and also helps you mentally.
Actually, those seasonings 'hide' the real taste sensations that you can experience from truly raw, unspoiled meat.
Thats why people always need to keep on changing what they eat, as every food becomes less interesting after a while.
Thats not the case with raw, virgin animal food; i usually eat salmon 6 days a week, and its always delicious.
The problem of seasoning is that it numbs your taste senses.
Similar to using salt; the more you use, the less you taste of it.
Logically, the less you use (for an extended period of time), the more you will taste,
plus the far more delicate taste sensations that you cannot taste right now, due to the dominance of the seasoning that you use.
So 100% wai would never work for me.
You dont know that, because you have not been there.
I will hear you say different things after 3 months of 100% raw virgin Wai.
overkees

Post by overkees »

I would like to add that I decided only eating hot dinner 1 time in the week, and only a little bit max 200 grams. I love cooking and combining flavours, i can't really live without it. It's a big thing for me. Creativity brings me happiness. Plus I sometimes eat french fries with mayonaise (home made) or potato chips (supermarket) with only salt added. 2 to 3 times a week. It's my only stable munch food I have.

For 95 % raw wai. Im getting more and more fond of the fish every day. The egg yolks are almost like some kind of meditation excercise. Some kind of rite. Sometimes scares the shit out of me.

Oh yeah and grapefruit/orange juice is a killer.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Grapefruit is not that perfect, as you can tell by the somewhat bitter taste... viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2182
If you are fond tasting delicious flavours, you should go 100% raw for a period,
which will enable you to taste more delicate flavours than you were able to taste before.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Depends on what grapefruits you get. I bought them at an immigrant's shop and they were very sweet and there was almost no bitterness. I also noticed that seefing it deels with the bitterness.. its probably in the pulp!

Although i will limit my intake of grapfruits. Thanks for pointing out that topic