After 7 months on 100% Wai

Share your testimony to encourage others.
mario91
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

After 7 months on 100% Wai

Post by mario91 »

Hi everyone

I came here today to write my testimonial of 7 months on 100% Wai... Well, in fact only in the last 3 months I've been 100%, but in the previous 4 I've surely been over 95%.. I never ate cooked animal foods, only some bread or cooked rice once in a while when I craved it... But now, 3 months past I was able to completely leave all munch foods, I don't miss any munch food at all.

How I found Wai Diet... As some of you may already know, I suffered from big 2nd degree burns in 17% of my body surface, in a grease fire, about 2 years ago. My whole face and frontal neck where burned. Luckly got no keloid scarring in those areas, but I got a very sensite, very thin skin, very prone to acne. So I started searching on the internet about lots of things related to skin, and one year ago I found that it was proved that milk was a big factor in acne outbreaks. That made me think that the diet could have a lot to do with acne, and not just the most obvious foods like milk, spices, chocolate, even alcohol. So I googled "acne diet", and that was how I found the worderful Wai World. :D

What I eat now... In a normal day I eat 200-300g of organic dried figs/apricots, 40-50 hazelnuts, 100ml of olive oil, about 150g of raw tuna/mackerel/seabass, and 1-2kg (pulp) of the best fresh fruit I can find in the season. I really like avocados, bananas, melons, oranges and tomatoes. And I drink low mineral water.

Changes in personal hygiene...
- I started washing my face without soap and only with low mineral water (I think this helped my face skin as much as the diet itself)
- Using only glycerin on face instead of destructive moisturizers (oils clog my face.. of course they won't clog healthy skin)
- Washing my hair only with water and only 2 times a week (this really transformed my hair in a matter of weeks. It was very dry and rebel before, and now it's just perfect for me. It's always clean also. Plus before I always had lots of dandruff, now I have almost none).
- I gave up on what I like to call "bathroom venoms" - toothpaste, fragrances, deodorants, all kind of moisturizers, shaving creams, aftershaves and shaving itself. Now I only trim my beard with the same trimmer I cut my hair with.

Positive differences...
- I feel more healthy in general... absolutely. I feel lighter, with more energy, with clear mind, and clear body. I used to have some annoying heartburn sometimes.. never had it any more.
- Acne decreased like 99%... I still have a few tiny zits only when I eat certain supermarket foods... Eczema on my face also got a lot better, my skin seems to be stronger and I haven't had any eczema for months. Skin and hair are much better in general.
- Weight - lost the 2kg of little overweight that I had.
- Best improvement for me: sleep, humour and energy. Before the diet I used to need at least 9hrs of sleep. Now I feel perfectly fine with 7hrs. Before, if I slept 5-6hrs, I'd wake up with the feeling I was still dreaming, which would last all morning. And plus, I would also wake up with my face more red, sensitive, irritated, with messy look, and with new zits forming. Now if I sleep 5-6hrs I still wake up with energy and good humour and no difference at all in the look of my face.

Positive changes in state of mind and life perspective... I used to be a go hard on stuff person. I'd smoke a lot of weed, drink a lot of beers, eat a load of meat at dinner and then eat some more loads of ice creams and cookies. Now, in a party or just being with my friends, a glass of vodka lasts me all night, sometimes a few puffs, most times don't even need anything of that.
I learned to enjoy the simple things of life with more intensity and clearness. I feel a deeper contact with reality and with nature. My mind sight is clearer and more open. I think this is both due to the information about the Wai Diet and the Wai Way (:D) and also because there are less toxins and mind-altering substances in my body.
I mean, a few weeks ago I read a post of a guy who said that, since he started with Wai diet, sunlight became of much more value for him. And I think that illustrates very well what I'm trying to say. Enjoying the simple things in life, for they are the things that can be the more intense, the more clear and the more real.
As Einstein once said, "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." Of course we shouldn't over simplify things, to what I make the metaphor of start living in caves, or in tribes, and show disdain for science. But I think that nowadays we are contantly unnecessarily complicating things - with cooking, trying to taste 1000 different flavours in one meal; with the pharmaceutical industry trying to get an instant solution for all our problems (wanna lose weight? no need to eat well or exercise! have these pills! have depression? bah, philosophy and talking is for the nuts! just have these pills and you'll be healed!); with marketing guys getting dangerously unleashed to promote yogurts that cure your cholesterol in 2 weeks, toothpastes that will give you your lost enamel back...
I mean, every weekend my aunt goes to the mall and buys hundreds of euros of those cheap low quality clothes which she throws away after a few weeks... And then she tells me she's gonna have a tooth implant for her 5 missing teeth, each one for 1500€... when the minimum wage here in Portugal is 500€... And then in the other side of this there are people starving and with no home paying for this modern-times-sterile-euphoria-unnecessary-complication-of-everything.

Sorry for the outflow in the last part, but it kind of had to come out.

I wish the best luck to everyone who's planning to start, or yet starting the Wai Diet. And I wish that this testimonial could give them some motivation to!

Cheeeeeers!!
Oscar
Administrator

Re: After 7 months on 100% Wai

Post by Oscar »

Thanks for sharing, and good to see it's going so well! :D

Btw, I hope you meant 40-50 GRAMS of hazelnuts ;)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thank you mario91 !!
mario91

Post by mario91 »

Thanks Oscar!

Well, a hazelnut kernel is about 1g, so yeah, thats about 40-50g of kernels.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Oh, so you're really cracking and eating 40-50 hazelnuts per day?
mario91

Post by mario91 »

Yeah, I sit down watching TV or a video in my computer and crack them for the next day. Takes like 5min or less. And is more healthy than eating popcorn hehe!

I eat this much hazelnuts because when I'm not at home i only eat dried fruit and hazelnuts. I don't like OJ if it's not made on time, fresh fruit isn't also good to carry (heavy, have to skin it) and olive oil is also not practical for obvious reasons. Dried fruits+hazelnuts for eating sugar with fat is much more practical for me. No garbage, no mess, no dirty hands, just a tupperwear :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Oh ok, well 5mins is nothing, and if it works, it works. :)
fictor

Post by fictor »

mario91 wrote: Changes in personal hygiene...
- I started washing my face without soap and only with low mineral water (I think this helped my face skin as much as the diet itself)
- Using only glycerin on face instead of destructive moisturizers (oils clog my face.. of course they won't clog healthy skin)
- Washing my hair only with water and only 2 times a week (this really transformed my hair in a matter of weeks. It was very dry and rebel before, and now it's just perfect for me. It's always clean also. Plus before I always had lots of dandruff, now I have almost none).
- I gave up on what I like to call "bathroom venoms" - toothpaste, fragrances, deodorants, all kind of moisturizers, shaving creams, aftershaves and shaving itself. Now I only trim my beard with the same trimmer I cut my hair with.
My experience is that when people say the can do without toothpaste, deodorant etc. they usually smell like shit to everyone else (who still uses theese products).

I did ALL the natural stuff (toothsoap, no toothpaste/soap at all, natural deodorants, no deodorants, no shampoo, natural hairproducts ect.), but now I am back on
fluoride toothpaste, antiperspirant deodorant, perfumes, soap, shampoo, conditioner etc. Me teeth havent been this healthy since I started the Wai diet and I smell
good most of the time ;) For my face I only use water (regular tap water) and coconut oil, though.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

fictor wrote:
mario91 wrote: My experience is that when people say the can do without toothpaste, deodorant etc. they usually smell like shit to everyone else (who still uses theese products).
Well, few months ago I asked some friends to smell directly in my armpit, and they did, and they said it didn't smell bad, so I guess that's something :D

In fact, I started hating (intensively!) the smell of perfume, specially the stronger ones. But 99% of the people use it, so I have to hang with it. Just like they have to hang on with my more natural smell, even if they don't like it.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Fictor are you 100% wai? If I consume only a little dirty protein my armpit starts smelling, but if I'm 100% I don't have the smelly armpits. I also asked a lot of people how they thought I was smelling and all said it was neutral. Even when I was smelling myself they couldn't.

I tried not shampooing my hair, I haven't used shampoo in 4 months. It began to stink, a fat/sweet/sour smell and was looking very dead. There was a lot of build up of dust in my hair. From cars, dead skin cells, nasty things. I only do cold showers and this is not enough for cleaning your hair. I have long hair. My mother is the person with the best nose I know of, she can smell really really good and she could smell me from 2 meters away. So when she told me I started to wash my hair with egg yolks every 2 weeks.

Since I started washing with egg yolks everyone has been complimenting me how nice my hair looks. My mother, who's also really sceptical when it comes to natural products for cosmetic reasons had to admit it and I convinced her of also using yolks once in a while. I also wash my armpits and my crotch with yolks. It's the best. You will smell a bit like yolk for a couple of hours but then you start smelling really clean and leaves no perfume.

Egg yolks are good natural soap replacers. There are emulsifiers in it that will mix the fat buildup on your skin with the water from the shower and it will take all the dirty things with it. It also has a lot of vitamins which are very feeding for your skin, so you put a new healthy layer on it. Try yolks, it's awesome!
When shampooing, leave it in for 10 minutes at least. This has the best effects. Ive got a lot of dandruff but the yolks remove it all.

Thanks Oscar for sharing your washing ritual. Thanks to you I'm once smelling nice again and have beatiful hair!

On cleaning teeth I really recommend brushing with Coconut oil. When I told my girlfriend I was going to stop using toothpaste she wasn't happy. I tried just brushing my teeth with just water and she begged me to start using toothpaste again.
I then tried natural toothpastes, that were okay but I have a very bad breath in the morning and the naturals didn't help at all. Then I started using coconut oil, because I knew the Saturated Medium Chain Fatty Acids are really good at killing unwanted fragrances and are antimicrobial.
I brush only the gums and my tongue with coconut oil. And drink OJ+OO and my teeth have never been this good. I used to have nasty flavors in my mouth and used to have a lot of plaque on my teeth. But since using coconut oil, everything is better. My teeth are never sticky, never. My tongue has no more white layer. It's really pink and looks really healthy. And my breath is always fresh.
My girlfriend was so surprised since I made this change that she is now using coconut oil aswell. She was very strict in toothpaste and has very nice teeth. But she was convinced this was so much better. Especially the nice smooth feeling of your teeth. They stay smooth and nothing sticks to it.
And even with fluoride toothpaste I had bad breathe in the morning. But that's gone with coconut oil. This was the reason my girlfriend was convinced.

Try it, I would love to hear your opinion!
dime

Post by dime »

overkees wrote:Fictor are you 100% wai? If I consume only a little dirty protein my armpit starts smelling, but if I'm 100% I don't have the smelly armpits. I also asked a lot of people how they thought I was smelling and all said it was neutral. Even when I was smelling myself they couldn't.
I think it's also related to the amount of protein you eat, if you eat more there will be more urea to get rid of.
overkees wrote:On cleaning teeth I really recommend brushing with Coconut oil. When I told my girlfriend I was going to stop using toothpaste she wasn't happy. I tried just brushing my teeth with just water and she begged me to start using toothpaste again.
I then tried natural toothpastes, that were okay but I have a very bad breath in the morning and the naturals didn't help at all.
Hah same experience here, eventually I went back to natural toothpaste with no fluoride. Very interesting about the coconut oil, I have to try it. How often do you brush with coconut oil, same as with normal toothpaste, morning/evening?
panacea

Post by panacea »

thank you overkees I'm going to try it and will let you know how it goes for me
mario91

Post by mario91 »

I wash my hair with only low mineral bottled water (I just throw a 1.5L bottle over it lol), and it looks always good and clean, as long as I wash it regularly (2 times a week).
I tried egg yolks once and I hated how it smelled after. But if you say it goes away in a few hours, I'll try it again! Maybe they can clear my dandruff too.

For my teeth i never had bad breath, I use glycerin, but I think I'll try the coconut oil too ;)

Thanks for the tips panacea

PS: I use non-perfumed cheap soap on hands and crotch. I think it's essential, due to the amount of pollution and germs we're exposed to these days.
fictor

Post by fictor »

overkees wrote:Fictor are you 100% wai? If I consume only a little dirty protein my armpit starts smelling, but if I'm 100% I don't have the smelly armpits. I also asked a lot of people how they thought I was smelling and all said it was neutral. Even when I was smelling myself they couldn't.
Yep, 100% for several years. The only "munch foods" I take is cod liver oil (no protein) and a vit. B12 supplement (no protein). I smell the same when not taking these supplements.
dime wrote:
I think it's also related to the amount of protein you eat, if you eat more there will be more urea to get rid of.
I eat a very small amount. Only sbout 100-150 grams of egg yolk per day, divided into two meals.