It's finally working!

Share your testimony to encourage others.
Vinge1718
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

It's finally working!

Post by Vinge1718 »

A
I'm a 22 yesr old Kenyan ( English is not My first language So Please bear with me). I have been on the Wai diet for a month and a half now (6 weeks to be precise). I'm on my seventh week now and I'm finally beginning to see small but surely positive changes. I've been on a 100% Wai diet and finally I can get my family (read mum and dad) off my back (they have been really disturbed by the abrupt loss of weight-I'd be too). This board went a long way in keeping up my spirits, especially when the two weeks went by and all I could see were more zits. I have lost alot of weight(from 72Kg down to 62kg) owing to the fact that I couldn't find enough free range eggs (I only took a maximum of two yolks and haven't had any for the last two weeks)and I cant find raw Brazilnuts anywhere so I just went with B 12 Supplements. I know that the supplements do not meet my protein requirements but I really wanted to rid myself off this acne nightmare. That said I really didn't mind loosing weight given all the failed attempts in trying to put my acne under control. I do not intend to EVER go back to the "Normal" diet since I have never been this clear in the last 5 years of my life and going back to that diet feels like shooting myself in the foot, but I really want to regain some weight since I'm a mechanic and my work is very physically demanding so my question is, Is it ok to eat eggs that are not organic/free range...etc Can I eat regular yolks without breaking out? Any suggestions? Can almonds act as an alternative? :D
Kasper

Re: It's finally working!

Post by Kasper »

Can almonds act as an alternative?
There are surely alternatives to egg yolks but you should check here if you get all your nutrients in that way:
http://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/nut-calculator.html
Is it ok to eat eggs that are not organic/free range...etc
Non-free range eggs would be always healthier than no animal proteins at all ( in my opinion).
Is fish (sashimi) not an option ?
Vinge1718

Post by Vinge1718 »

Thanks for the timely response. I also understand that some also include other animal protein such as raw beef and other kinds of raw fish. Why are the emphasis so much on Sashimi, cant any raw animal food surfice?
Vinge1718

Post by Vinge1718 »

So can I just eat the almonds and the occassional fish (say once or a max of twice a week- I'm really strap on cash) and skip on the non-free range egg yolks altogether, I really don want to compromise and end up breaking out, I'm afraid if I eat the non-free range eggs I might breakout.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Vinge1718 wrote:I also understand that some also include other animal protein such as raw beef and other kinds of raw fish. Why are the emphasis so much on Sashimi, cant any raw animal food surfice?
Yes, you are right, 'raw animal food' is all you need in combination with fruits.
Raw beef, raw fish and raw egg yolks (free range or not; not important regarding acne).
We say "sashimi" because some fish are not so safe to eat raw,
like tilapia, for example (parasites). But if the tilapia has been deep-frozen for at least 48 hours, then you can safely eat that raw too.
Make sure that when you eat raw beef, that it has not been in contact with the intestines (cross-contamination).
Vinge1718 wrote:So can I just eat the almonds and
Regarding acne, the almonds might be a risk.
All nuts might be a risk regarding acne.
That's because nuts may be stored for a very long time, which also yields 'dirty protein' (naturally) in the long run.
Once you have been completely acne free for a while, you might try to introduce nuts,
to see how your skin is coping with them.
the occassional fish (say once or a max of twice a week- I'm really strap on cash) and skip on the non-free range egg yolks altogether, I really don want to compromise and end up breaking out, I'm afraid if I eat the non-free range eggs I might breakout.
You will not break out from non-free range eggs.
Its just that free-range eggs are more healthy.
They are not more safe, regarding acne. Non-free range eggs are perfectly fine regarding acne.
Vinge1718 wrote:I really want to regain some weight since I'm a mechanic and my work is very physically demanding
Particularly make sure to eat a lot before you go to sleep.
I have noticed that eating all lot at night can make you gain muscle weight much better than when eating a lot during the day or morning. That's because (re)construction of muscles mainly happens during your sleep, so that's when there needs to be an overload of nutrients available.
Vinge1718

Post by Vinge1718 »

Thanks a million!!! What a relief, I can now emback on restoring my lost muscle mass without fears of breaking out. I'll definitely keep you all posted on my progress. Again, THANKYOU!!!
Vinge1718

Post by Vinge1718 »

I am finally 99% clear. I began the diet on 1st January 2014 but for the first two weeks my diet was slightly compromised by packaged dried fruits (the ones that don't need refrigeration) because I hadn't yet read the whole book.
Glad to ANNOUNCE that after close to four months all that's left are scars and alot of them considering that I had severe cystic acne for as long as makes no difference 5 years
All that's left now are just a few small (Goosebump-sized) pimples - especially on my forehead, hopefully they will dry out sooner than later.
Currently my diet is just lots of fruit,mostly bananas and avocados cause they are plenty around here, I take the salad thrice a day - after my three major servings of fruits i.e morning lunch and supper. My protein intake is quite high, I've tried to take up a habit of taking raw beef (after freezing it for more than 48hrs of course) and yolks (combined).
Thanks a lot Wai, RRM, Kasper and all those who took the time to share their experiences in the forum.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Congrats! :)
dime

Post by dime »

Great to hear, I'm glad it worked! :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thank you very much for reporting, its very much appreciated.
Vinge1718

Post by Vinge1718 »

There you go!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vinge1718

Post by Vinge1718 »

Oh sorry, I think I posted my photos on the wrong place, please feel free to redirect them to the appropriate thread "before and after pics
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Fantastic!
Thank you Vinge!!!
Your skin is picture perfect.
Iris

Post by Iris »

A bit late, but nonetheless congrats! Your skin looks great!

Oh, and don't worry 'bout your English, it's perfectly fine :wink: