source of inspiration?

Share your testimony to encourage others.
dadasarah
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by dadasarah »

Hello! I wanted to share how much I love avocados again. Finally! Those rich, creamy Haas beauties dripping with fresh egg yolk...dreamy. I truly did feel like a different person while pregnant. Almost like you would think being taken over by an alien would feel, or something. Anyway, I want to be better prepared next time I get pregnant, even though I know it might be completely different no matter what I do in the meantime. Still, I'd like to see how much of a difference being on this diet for a longer period of time will make. I think it will be illuminating since I'll be able to see something of a 'before' and 'after' effect.

Also, I found out what my problem with juice is: I WAS over-consuming it. Sorry, RRM, you told me that, but I didn't believe you. I'd make a batch of juice, and add a lot of oil (I've really gotten used to the olive oil-with-fruit taste and can stomach quite a lot of olive oil). I thought adding more rather than less would be safer for my blood sugar. But then I would drink a LOT of the juice right away, because fresh squeezed juice is so yummy! All that olive oil would give me a drop in energy, which I took as a sign to drink more (much too soon). Since I was drinking too much sugar as well, I would start to develop an aversion to the juice. This aversion would last well into the sugar low I got later (which I took as another sign to drink more, even though it wasn't tasting as good), which started the cycle again. I ended up shaky with low blood sugar and very angry at my glass of juice. :oops: I thought I'd share just in case anyone else is having this problem. RRM isn't kidding when he says small sips! I've since been putting a little bit less oil in my juice, closer to what some others on the forum are using. If I goof and drink too much, I have to eat a couple nuts or some avocado to balance myself again, and then not drink the juice for a while.

Breastfeeding is helping, since my metabolism is on fire! So is chanting; it helps me become more aware, in the present.

Does anyone else feel like they've only been half 'there' for most of their lives?
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
nick

Post by nick »

dadasarah,

The situation you described about the juice and oil is something that I had to learn the nuances of. You are beginning to really understand how your body works and what it needs. After the too much oil experience, I tried with less oil and favoring a little bit more sugar than the 2:1 ratio and that worked. It is amazing that after 5-6-7 months I finally trully understand how my body responded to different ratios and variations of.
Also, different fruits would have different effects on my mood because of their taste and sugar profiles, mostly strawberries, raspberries and cantelope. It is subtle but totally there and it definitely is something that once you get better it, you can be 'there' that much more all of the time.
And once you get to that level, you can listen to what your body really needs and you'll never get tired or low on energy because you know what you need. It was amazing on how somedays, I was never tired and kept going and going feeling energized. That is how I feel normally, given that I sleep well and other elements in life are in order too. Actually now that I understand what my body wants in terms of food and energy, I know what I need in other parts of my life, or at least I know how these other elements affect my life in general.
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

Also, different fruits would have different effects on my mood because of their taste and sugar profiles, mostly strawberries, raspberries and cantelope. It is subtle but totally there and it definitely is something that once you get better it, you can be 'there' that much more all of the time.
I'm noticing this too. Actually, the most stable fruits for me seem to be the most ordinary: apples, bananas, and oranges (and of course avocados). Apples are a nice refresher after something heavy, bananas are for when I'm more hungry, and oranges are very nutritionally nourishing. Other fruits like strawberries aren't appealing except maybe as a flavoring in a fruit shake.
Actually now that I understand what my body wants in terms of food and energy, I know what I need in other parts of my life, or at least I know how these other elements affect my life in general.
Interesting! I also feel like being good to myself in this dietary aspect will naturally carry over to positive benefits in other parts of my life. I know better what truly matters, especially in the long term.
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
avo

Post by avo »

Hey! I too recently started loving Hass avocados again. I used to eat them right out of the skin with a spoon, but now I slice them really thin and throw them in my cucumber-vinegar salad. Delicious!

I hope this isn't straying too far off the topic, but:

Does anyone else ever feel like they are 'high'? It happens to me once it starts getting late in the evening. Peaceful and relaxed, feeling content and euphoric, exceptionally witty and easily humored, but strangely distant from oneself and ones actions, as if it is all a game, and I am an observer. Sometimes I really ask myself, "I am high?", but I am not. It is weird, because I am sometimes perfectly normal during the earlier day, but always like such at night. Do you think this has anything to do with past experiences with cannabis? Is it possible the diet magnifies the duration, or even effects the compounds in such a way that they are stored for long periods of time, or just never eliminated? Why do the effects recur without fail? Somebody must have some insight.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I've heard people say if you eat too much fruit the sugar can give you high feeling.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

So far I haven't felt anything like that, or maybe I didn't notice it as such (slightly disappointed ;)).
avo

Post by avo »

Yeah buddy, you're missing out. :D
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Oscar, you normally eat oil with your fruit right? From what I think, that would prevent your from getting a sugar high, because your sugar wont spike.

No suck thing as a time released rush. Kind of an oxymoron.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avo wrote:Does anyone else ever feel like they are 'high'? It happens to me once it starts getting late in the evening.
Yes, but it only happens to me if I stay up too late, so maybe thats your bed-time tune?

I think on this diet we are more susceptible to that feeling as we ingest no 'numbing' beta-carbolines or opioid peptides, so that we are more sensitive to a high cause by endorphins (produced by the body)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yeah John, I do. So you're right, I'm not getting any sugar spikes.

If it's the endorphins, I haven't felt such a rush since I stopped running 10km. That was really a feeling of floating. So maybe if I start running again, I might actually leave the ground. ;)
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

hehe oscar 8)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Just the idea that nothing will be negatively influencing me and my thoughts and that I will be pure and real. I love life and this is the way i want to be, it is my way of consciously and continuously making the choice to take care of myself on all levels. Love and passion, dreams are what inspire me and the desire to live long enough and be healthy enough to do all the things I want to do in life. Just the appreciation of my health and not having obstacles that would limit me somehow... I am just very thankful to have what I have and I am trying to honor it and take care of my health. One day I will be old and die... it will all be over and that's the way it's supposed to be but not today!

Love and desire... my hunger for life and to experience without being sedated or influenced. Also vanity because I like the way I look (most of the time) and I want to stay this way. I have also made the mistake to fall of the wagon too many times, eventually you learn that it is just not worth it.