source of inspiration?

Share your testimony to encourage others.
dadasarah
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

source of inspiration?

Post by dadasarah »

Hello everyone! I'm so happy, I just had to post something. I came across Wai's site about a year and a half ago, after a lot of web-searching diet and health. After WAY to much vague and contradictory advice, finally this made sense (with footnotes!). And Wai has done the research for us! Yay! I don't have much of an acne problem; I'd been searching because of mild depression and weight gain...no motivation for anything. I tried the diet for a month and felt much better, but (flighty person that I am) I ran out of inspiration (and money) and started drinking almost everyday with new friends. :( So anyway, I became a Buddhist six months ago, and I'm understanding everything more clearly every day, so I'm back, and after a week and a half, I'm bouncing off the walls! Now I'm completely confident that this is the optimal diet for me (and anyone else who is searching). I guess I needed some outside inspiration and focus. What inspires you???
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome to the forum. :)

I guess my inspiration comes from seeing the perfectness of life, the universe and everything (pun intended ;)). Part of my ideas stem from the Conversations with God books, which I would recommend to anyone who likes a simple and logical life philosophy. A bit like the Wai diet for life. :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

My inspiration?
How it makes me feel every day: very energetic.
Also, knowing that I dont ingest the vast amounts of toxins that you ingest with a normal or so called healthy diet.
And, that only if I stick to it religiously, I dont have acne.
And that im in perfect shape and ripped because of this diet.
dadasarah

hotness

Post by dadasarah »

That makes sense that after a certain point in our life, we become all the inspiration to ourselves that we need, and even begin to inspire others. Especially if we're f***ing hot (I'm not there yet).

It's amazing to me that every thing that can cause acne can cause thousands of other diseases, and to help one you can help them all. We are all given our own challenges to overcome.
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

Oscar, those Conversations With God books look wonderful (I only read the first five pages of the first so far - thanks Amazon)! Beautiful! Brilliant! That is truth!
My messages will come in a hundred forms, at a thousand moments, across a million years. You cannot ignore them once truly heard.
I'll have to borrow those. :wink:

On a different note, I think I'm getting hotter. Someone asked me out today!
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

Also, he asked me out while I was eating orange wedges dipped in olive oil. I didn't feel even slightly embarrassed, and he didn't even ask what I was eating. I guess he couldn't take his eyes off my big, fat smile!
nick

Post by nick »

Lucky you :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

dadasarah wrote:Oscar, those Conversations With God books look wonderful (I only read the first five pages of the first so far - thanks Amazon)! Beautiful! Brilliant! That is truth!
They sure are! Are you going to buy them? Well, starting with the first one... :)
dadasarah wrote:On a different note, I think I'm getting hotter. Someone asked me out today!
Oooh! Always an ego booster. ;)
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

I bought the three-in-one Conversations with God book! So much to absorb. I believe it's the most useful book I've ever bought.

But speaking of inspiration, the universe gave me a new one: I'M PREGNANT. Yup, right off the BC too. Call me Miss Fertile. Use those condoms, kids. :D

I'll keep ya posted.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

dadasarah wrote:I bought the three-in-one Conversations with God book! So much to absorb. I believe it's the most useful book I've ever bought.
That is what I thought too. Well, 'most significant' to be exact. Lots of fun reading! :)
dadasarah wrote:But speaking of inspiration, the universe gave me a new one: I'M PREGNANT. Yup, right off the BC too. Call me Miss Fertile. Use those condoms, kids. :D

I'll keep ya posted.
Congrats!!! :D
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Dadasarah,

Oh goodness me, I'm so envious of you! I would so dearly love to be pregnant!! (But my partner and I have agreed to wait a few years... we need more money, and we still feel too young - even though many of our friends have told us we are at the perfect stage of life to become parents...) Congratulations! Hoooray!

Oh, a Wai baby... are you going to stick to the diet while you're pregnant, dadasarah? I hope you can. But we are all excited for you, whatever you do! :-) :-)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Oh btw, let me know what you think of the book(s)! :)
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

CurlyGirl,

I feel young as well, in many ways, but at 25, I suppose it's the perfect time to start. May I ask how old you are? My fiance and I just moved in together, and we weren't going to get married for a year, but we've decided to elope so I can use his company's health plan. Then we wanted to wait a year after that so we could travel and enjoy each other's company before the kids came. But oh well! Plans change. We took the risk, and we'll run with it. I'm ecstatic, actually. I can't stop smiling. Maybe it's the hormones, but I'm willing to die for this fetus. :D

I'm going to stick to the diet, but with munch foods daily, or almost daily. The cravings have started, and sometimes they're for weird things. I feel like I've become hyper-sensitive to my body's needs.

Thanks for the encouragement! I know I'll have a lot to share!
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

dadasarah wrote:CurlyGirl,

I feel young as well, in many ways, but at 25, I suppose it's the perfect time to start. May I ask how old you are? My fiance and I just moved in together, and we weren't going to get married for a year, but we've decided to elope so I can use his company's health plan. Then we wanted to wait a year after that so we could travel and enjoy each other's company before the kids came. But oh well! Plans change. We took the risk, and we'll run with it. I'm ecstatic, actually. I can't stop smiling. Maybe it's the hormones, but I'm willing to die for this fetus. :D

I'm going to stick to the diet, but with munch foods daily, or almost daily. The cravings have started, and sometimes they're for weird things. I feel like I've become hyper-sensitive to my body's needs.

Thanks for the encouragement! I know I'll have a lot to share!
I'm happy for you too Dadasarah. Is your fiancé the one who asked you out on a date while you were eating Wai food?
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Dadasarah,

I'm 23, and if I am permitted to put in my two-cents' worth, I'd say 25 is a PERFECT age! But that is based on my pretty crude inner compass of a 'good' time for me to become a mother... of course it depends on the individual (as do many other things!). I am very happy to hear how ecstatic you are about being pregnant! *CG's heart glows* :-) :-)

My partner and I are just about to move in together, and in a years' time we are both relocating to Oxford, where I'll be studying for a year. After that I plan to enter Midwifery studies, since it is my dream to become a 'baby-catcher'. On that note -- and I know on some level you are probably dreading the next nine months on account of the fact that anyone and their dog will feel it is within their rights to give you 'friendly advice' on your pregnancy and impending parenthood -- could I just give one 'friendly' recommendation? That would be to try to get hold of the following books (all of which completely and gloriously changed the way I see childbirth and mothering):

1) Ina May Gaskin - Spiritual Midwifery (very 'hippy' book in its general tone, but actually it was written by one of the pioneering rural midwives of the United States. She is still very much alive and practising as a midwife, so all the information is up-to-date and absolutely illuminating).

2) Ina May Gaskin - Ina May's Guide to Childbirth (as close to a 'bible' for childbirth as you can get, in my opinion)

3) Suzanne Arms - Immaculate Deception II (an extraordinary book about modern childbirth practices, and the dangers of particular medical interventions that are considered 'routine' but are actually unnecessary. Suzanne Arms is a great writer, very warm but also lucid and well-informed.)

4) Michel Odent - Birth Reborn: What Childbirth Should Be (written by a French obstetrician with a keen dedication to the 'alert' birth - as opposed to the knocked-out-drugged-stupor kind of birth)

5) Thomas Verny and John Kelly - The Secret Life of the Unborn Child (extraordinary)