no cravings

Share your testimony to encourage others.
johndela1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

no cravings

Post by johndela1 »

This is the first time I have ever not craved things like a bowl of cerial. When I was following a vegan raw food diet I never felt satistied. Even after eating a meal and being full I would still feel like eating something 'solid' like a pb sandwhich or bowl of cereal (even a "healthy" sugar free ceral) with almond milk.

I am really glad I've been comsuming raw animal protein. I don't feel like it is a will power contest anymore.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Glad to hear that, John. :)
nick

Post by nick »

Whenever someone is cooking some food, I can smell it and savor the smell, but the idea of eating some of it seems weird. Those cravings are gone.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I have the same thing. But when I smell something that has been cooked, it doesn't smell good at all anymore.
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

I just cracked my craving problem! I've got it! Haha, the solution is to eat more fat...

I am one of those people who just needs LOTS of fat. I posted a while back that I was experimenting with the fat:carb ratio in my diet and trying to see what effects it had on my level of cravings. Well, it seems I need WAY more fat than 1g for every 2g sugars consumed. The ideal for me is more like 1:1, or even (shock, horror) 2g fat for every 1g carb/sugar. So... to summarise, it seems when I eat this much fat, my skin looks best, I lose weight most efficiently, and my mood is more stable. I sleep better, have fewer nightmares, don't grind my teeth, don't wake up groggy. And the BEST thing - no more cravings!!! Dark chocolate gremlins, be gone, you fiends!

Anyone else experimenting with fat:carb ratios for cravings/mood/weight-loss/acne/etc?
Last edited by CurlyGirl on Sat 08 Apr 2006 17:13, edited 1 time in total.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hey CG!

How long have you been doing the 1:1, 2:1 approach and what gave you the idea to increase your fat intake? Versus maybe, lowering carbs to match the fat?

I would love 'mood' and 'skin' improvements.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good for you CurlyGirl! Funny, I haven't had a nightmare for ages, must be at least 15 years ago. :)
rischott

Post by rischott »

The addition of nuts to my diet has decreased my cravings completely. They offer me something to eat at the times I used to desire cooked foods. When I was staying in Korea, I could not find ANY nuts except peanuts and walnuts. But the walnuts were shelled and $10 a gram.

Here in Tampa, I have found mixed nuts bags of Brazil, Almond, Hazle, Walnut, and Pecans. It is such a nice addition. I've been 100% raw for over a week now.
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Hi Amber! :) I was eating 1:2 (fat:carb) since January, I felt mostly fine but my skin was unpredictable (despite being strict), and just after mid-March I started experiencing EXTREME cravings for munch foods, especially dark chocolate. I experimented a little and figured out it was the saturated fat in the chocolate I wanted, not so much the chocolate itself. The reason why I figured this out is, toward the end of March, I swapped all other sources of fat in my diet for coconut oil (a naturally saturated fat - medium-chain triglycerides mostly), and found I wanted to eat it just on its own, off a spoon. It made me feel SO good! And now, for the past week, I've changed the fat:carb ratio from 1:2 to 2:1, and I have honestly never felt better. I've realised, while I was doing everything else right on the diet for my skin's sake (i.e. no nuts, low-mineral water, rest after yolks, no blended foods, carefully-monitored experiments with munch-food, etc etc), my skin seems to be extremely susceptible to blood-sugar fluctuations. Of course, extra fat would help stabilise blood sugar, and this is borne out by the fact that my skin looks amazing this week.

Also, interestingly, with the 2:1 ratio, I have lost a pound this week - amazing, since I've been finding it VERY difficult to shift the last ten 'vanity' pounds. I was beginning to suspect that I'd reached my setpoint, but perhaps I haven't. I'll keep you all posted.

Oscar... you strike me as a well-balanced, mellow, happy-go-lucky type, so your lack of nightmares doesn't surprise me. I usually have extremely vivid dreams and often cannot walk home from friends' houses at night because I am too afraid of evil spirits... :cry:

Hey Rich :-)
$10 per gram of nuts in Korea?????!! That is extortion! Surely you mean $10 per 100g? It's good to hear, about your conquest over cravings. You're lucky, that your skin tolerates all the nuts... unlike some of us :-(
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Great news CG!
Maybe I also need to experiment in this direction to rid my cravings!

I tried coconut oil in my OJ 2 days ago and the burn in the throat was not there but...I couldn't get my coconut oil to stay liquid! It lumped up after I poured it into the OJ...So I was strugling while drinking not to take in all the coconut oil at once!

But is it really ideal to have so much saturated fat?
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

I don't have any idea what the best balance of saturated to unsaturated fats for humans is, but coconut oil is 14:2 and olive oil is 2:12. Surely we're somewhere in the middle. CG probably got too unbalanced to the unsaturated side, which is why she needs so much saturated now. I don't trust my mind to measure it out every day; I just keep both olive oil and coconut oil around every day and pick whichever my body's craving at the moment. I also don't measure fat to carb ratios either (I can't drink very much juice or my blood sugar goes crazy). I've kept a journal of what I've eaten over the last two weeks, and it's so different every day! One day I'll eat 2000 calories, the next, 1400...I'm still in transition, though.

Corinne, to keep the coconut oil liquid in the juice, the oranges have to be warm (and so does the weather, unfortunately).
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

We dont need to pay that much attention to saturated/unsaturated, since all of them can perfectly be converted.
Consuming different natural raw fatty foods, including some fish / yolks (omega 3s), you will be perfectly fine.
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

So every kind of fat can be converted to another? Is it any easier on the body to prevent unnecessary conversion? How does the conversion occur exactly? I read somewhere that cholesterol produced by the body is made from saturated fats; is this true?
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dadasarah wrote:So every kind of fat can be converted to another?
No, but we can effectively process all those fats, and the ratio of saturated / unsaturated doesn matter so much.
Is it any easier on the body to prevent unnecessary conversion?
Most fats are just used as energy, so that it isnt about the kind of fat, but about your energy management.
I read somewhere that cholesterol produced by the body is made from saturated fats; is this true?
No.
Though cholesterol is a member of the 'fats/lipids' family, it is a sterol, and its molecular structure is very different from a fatty acid.

Basically, cholesterol is composed of the 'basic energy' that is set free from protein, carbs and fat (Acetyl coA). It takes a looooong way to turning it into cholesterol. (here's a good chart: http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/S ... terol.html )

Because of its specific structure ("animal-sterol"), only cholesterol can be converted into bile acids, vitamin D and steroid hormones.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

An interesting site. He propagates intake of cholesterol (from egg yolks for instance) and says there is no 'bad' cholesterol, which is essentially correct, except he doesn't mention the forming of oxy-cholesterols by heating...right?