Encouragement Requested re Cellulite

Share your testimony to encourage others.
mballinger
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Encouragement Requested re Cellulite

Post by mballinger »

I am a 48-year old woman. I have given birth to 3 children. I don't do much exercise other than a few stretches and walking required by my commute and general daily activities. I used to be a lot more active in my younger years, but time available to me for exercise is really limited. I had many years on the SAD diet, then vegetarian, and recently lots more raw food and juices over the past year. I am 5'9", 120-125 lbs., but still have cellulite. CAN I REALLY LOSE THE CELLULITE ON THIS DIET? If so ... how long did it take you? What do you think are the most important keys about the diet? Is NO ADDED SALT one of the most important keys? I'm happy that I can deal with that! I don't crave salt anymore. I plan to do ALL RAW with no munch foods since I rarely get cravings anymore, except for coffee, which I am working on quitting. A part of me feels stuck and like this cellulite will never go away because of my age. Any encouragement will be very welcome. Thank you!!
jfk

Re: Encouragement Requested re Cellulite

Post by jfk »

mballinger wrote:I am a 48-year old woman.

I don't think your age is significant regarding cellulite:
Cellulite is merely the visibility of subcutaneous fat cells.
I don't do much exercise other than a few stretches and walking required by my commute and general daily activities. I used to be a lot more active in my younger years, but time available to me for exercise is really limited.
As far as I am aware "stretching" and "walking" are not the key components of addressing cellulite, it is connected to the consumption of protein that has been negatively altered on a molecular level by heating, curing etc. becoming difficult to digest.

I had many years on the SAD diet, then vegetarian
your diet is surely the culprit then, as stated in the wai book cellulite section:
Cellulite is characterized by extrusion of fat cells into the outer skin. [18] This is caused by an increased concentration of damaged proteins, with high water- attracting properties. This leads to a rise in the amount of water retained in the skin.
I don't think your weight is connected either:
I am 5'9", 120-125 lbs., but still have cellulite. CAN I REALLY LOSE THE CELLULITE ON THIS DIET?
You seem very slim for your height, which confirms the fact that weight is not significant, I suggest you read the appropriate section in the Wai book. It explains everything simply and beautifully, here is the link http://www.youngerthanyourage.com/waibook.htm :)
mballinger

Post by mballinger »

Thanks for the response JFK.
I did a 58-day juice fast at the beginning of the year. I went down to 115 and still had cellulite, which was very discouraging. I wasn't consuming any salt either. Just juices. So perhaps with this diet, since I can do it longer than 58 days, there will be time for the cellulite to go away. Maybe the key is giving it more time. If it does go away, I will be completely amazed and every so grateful. I am trying to be open-minded about it and believe that it really can happen for me. I want so badly for it to disappear!!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I don't have personal experiences with cellulite since I'm a guy, but I know it will disappear with time, for sure if you're on the Wai diet without munchfoods. I've seen it happen with my girlfriend. :)

Physical exercise helps, but isn't necessary.

Let us know if you have any questions diet-wise.
Anjana

Post by Anjana »

hey oscar,
regarding your girlfriend, how long did it take her to get her cellulite away? did she have it seriously or just like "orange-skin"?
sorry I hope I don't interfer in personal stuff it's just that I'm interested in somebody who was successfull.... :wink:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think about a year or so, give or take a month (I'll ask her). I think it also depends on how strict you are with your diet. The stricter the faster.
sula58

Post by sula58 »

mballinger,
It took my cellulite about a year and a half to fully disappear...however, I was also eating munch foods, so if I were on the diet all the way, I'm sure it would've been quicker.

Keep it up!!
Sula
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

my cellulite got much worse after medication and a few weeks of 'bad' (usually considered relatively healthy) diet. after 3 days of doing the strict diet again (yes been here before) the new cellulite is gone :) although not perfect i'm at least not so embarrassed i don't want to go the beach :) hopefully within a few months of strict it will be gone!