Deuterium depletion

About specific vitamines, minerals or fiber, for example
Mthrash
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Deuterium depletion

Post by Mthrash »

RRM,
I have come across some persuasive and unsettling research on deuterium (heavy water). It seems that it is highest in fruit and lowest in fat. It also seems to be connected to so many dysfunctions (mitochondrial based). The heavy hydrogen slows energy production...
I wondered if you’ve looked into it. It’s hard for me to accept fruit as being unhealthy - but that is their contention.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Deuterium depletion

Post by RRM »

Can you give me a link to that research?
Mthrash

Post by Mthrash »

RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

You linked to a whole bunch of resources.
I have no time to go through all of these in search for a claim.
My question was:
What research do they list to specifically support the claim that fruits are high in heavy water?
What research do they list to specifically support their contention that fruit consumption is bad for your health?
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Let's throw a wrench into Mthrash's thoughts.

Mthrash, in your own words what is deuterium?

Mthrash, you claim it (deuterium) is highest in fruits and lowest in fats.
Did you count it (deuterium) from the sugar only in fruits, and from the stuff stuck on the carbon chain of fats?
Fruits have water, and acids, and vitamins, and fats, and proteins, and more... not only sugar by the way.
Water have it?
acid have it?
vitamins have it?
fats have it?
proteins have it?
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
Mthrash

Post by Mthrash »

Sorry, no It isn’t my “claim”, it is the claim of the researchers I linked to in my original post. As such, I have no reason or desire to defend it. I happened to hear about it on a couple of podcasts and as i said in my op, they made a compelling case. I was just wanting to bring the topic here, hoping there might be some existing familiarity and/or information. Seems not, so I’ll keep digging.

The question around fruits being the highest.. They say they can measure deuterium (heavy water) in just about anything and that fruits score the highest. Apparently (as they claim) plants push their heavy water into their fruits. Plant leaves and most fats scored the lowest. They also implied that eating fruit in season with adequate sun is much less bad.. My primary interest and concern are around the effect deuterium has on mitochondria - that was the majority of their research interest as well.

I’m still in the learning mode on this topic - sorry i can’t add more.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

More questions for Mthrash:

Could it be simple logic of heavy water gets pulled by gravity and accumulate in objects near ground (i.e. potato), carrots, roots, etc... and light water gets to live in plant leaves?

Do giraffes eat less heavy water than a cow?
Should we eat giraffes and not cows?

Should we eat fruits in season with sunlight (evaporation bringing up water).
Should we pick fruits under the sun and not by moon light?

But the boiling point of deuterium water is higher than regular water, wouldn't light water get out of plants faster than heavy water?
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thank you for answering Mthrash, but my question was:
What research do they list to specifically support the claim that fruits are high in heavy water?
What research do they list to specifically support their contention that fruit consumption is bad for your health?
Mthrash

Post by Mthrash »

Sorry RRM - just been very busy with work travel... I was not able to find a specific study to prove this. The Center for Deuterium Depletion speaks about it as if it’s just commonly known. They say that most fats and plant leafs are dd and that fruits, roots and starches (sugars) are highest in D. They advocate a diet of mostly fats (animal, seeds, nuts) and green leafy items. I do not believe that fat, as the majority macro, is healthy long term and I don’t like how it makes me feel. However, most interesting to me is their research treating and preventing cancer, so I keep an open mind.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mthrash wrote: Tue 26 Feb 2019 20:10 I keep an open mind.
An open mind is good, but you have to check the facts.
If they cannot back up their claims, they are not to be believed.
Unless you are looking for a religion or cult
Mthrash

Post by Mthrash »

No, I keep an open mind because knowledge evolves, at least in the world that I observe and participate in. They do back up their claims but within their context, my question is whether their claims hold up in a broader context. Truth is, I have never seen the world the way it is now - where every disparate belief can provide plausible proof for its truth. High carb low-fat, low carb high fat, carnivore, vegan… Even the most expert seem confused as to how to respond. Hall vs Taubes... Fasting causes autophagy (positive) or generates cortisol (negative). Proof exists on both sides. So... i keep an open mind. “Cult or religion”? Not sure what you meant by that.. nothing more that i avoid.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mthrash wrote: Fri 26 Apr 2019 07:59 They do back up their claims but within their context
Then check out what study they use to back up a certain claim, to verify whether it actually does.