Simple carbohydrates vs. Complex carbohydrates

About specific vitamines, minerals or fiber, for example
Roman
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Simple carbohydrates vs. Complex carbohydrates

Post by Roman »

Somewhere I read STARCH needs MORE DIGESTIVE WORK to be transformed into glucose, and, for this reason, its absorbed slower than glucose.

The author's conclusion was that it's important to eat either STARCH and glucose to let the blood glucose rate not to vary too roughly (insulin).

On the contrary, in an old post, RRM wrote:

"For fructose to be converted into glucose it takes a quite complex pathway. Starches indeed are long chains of glucose, that only need to be cut into pieces.".

It seems the opposite, indeed... :shock:

Could you explain clearly, pls?

Thanks.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Simple carbohydrates vs. Complex carbohydrates

Post by RRM »

Roman wrote:Somewhere I read STARCH needs MORE DIGESTIVE WORK to be transformed into glucose, and, for this reason, its absorbed slower than glucose.

"For fructose to be converted into glucose it takes a quite complex pathway. Starches indeed are long chains of glucose, that only need to be cut into pieces.".

It seems the opposite
The first is true: starch is digested slower than 'free' glucose
and the latter also: fructose is digested slower than 'free' glucose
So, both starch and fructose are slower digested than free glucose, whereas fructose is slower metabolized (ready for utilization) than the first in starch incorporated glucose molecules.
Roman

Re: Simple carbohydrates vs. Complex carbohydrates

Post by Roman »

RRM wrote: So, both starch and fructose are slower digested than free glucose, whereas fructose is slower metabolized (ready for utilization) than the first in starch incorporated glucose molecules.
Thank you, RRM, and sorry for asking too many questions.
I'm still a beginner, but, unfortunately for you (:wink:), I have an inquisitive mind and, according to this fact, too many questions and doubts.

Try to bear me.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

One of the purposes of this forum is to learn by questioning.
So, please dont apologize for living up to the purpose of this board...