Daily Protein Intake / Enough protein

About specific vitamines, minerals or fiber, for example
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

bcb0086 wrote:To just get things straight, my body really is craving all that,
Sure, but that doesnt mean your body really needs that much protein.
So anyway what your saying is if I eat more frequently/less amount (and how often/amount exactly, i know yours is pretty fequent/small) , my body would crave less animal foods??? At the moment I dont do that I usually eat fruit/juices every two hours, but keeps my blood sugar fine.
I really don't see why this would make a difference scienetificlly.
Consuming energy only every 2 hours, you will use liver-glucose for energy in between meals.
What your body wants, is 'to be strong' (evolutionary wise, thats what you need to be). This requires filling up your glycogen depots.
With this diet, that glycogen needs to come from fruits or animal food (protein). And if you dont consume energy that frequently, with fruits its extremely hard to fill up your glycogen depots, as then you would need to eat A LOT with every meal. So that if you dont eat frequent enough, its very hard to fill up your glycogen depots.
Unless...
Unless you consume large meals of raw animal food. Animal food is more nutrient dense and thus its much easier to fill up your glycogen depots even though you dont eat meals very frequently.

In other words: you left your body with no other option than to crave for lots of animal food, as that is the only way to fill up your glycogen depots given the fact that you dont consume meals frequent enough.
bcb0086

Post by bcb0086 »

Generally, your correct about my situation. Basically my body craves all that cuase of need for calories. I'm able to decrease a good amount, like half a lb of fish, still alot, eating frequently, I'm having trouble fueling my deposits with fruits/juices no matter how frequent I eat, so I tried eating theese clear chineese noodles, they have almost no protien at all, this works easily and I lower my animal food consumtion alot with the help of theese, although they cause me too break out a little bit, but in theory it seems i wouldnt break out because i decreased my protien intake greaty and just added no more than a few grams of altered protien, but I dont think thats the case. How do you do it, like how often do you eat , etc, Ill give it another try but it seems impossible no matter how often I eat. Thanks man.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

bcb0086 wrote:I'm having trouble fueling my deposits with fruits/juices no matter how frequent I eat
I guess you know how much energy you need on a daily basis, because you basically know what you eat on days when you feel energetic.
So, once you know how many calories you need, on an average day, you can calculate how many calories you need per hour, and per 15 minutes. (sleeping hours are excluded, of course)
Once you know that, you know exactly how much fruits/juices you need to consume every 15 minutes.
in theory it seems i wouldnt break out because i decreased my protien intake greaty
Actually, the effects of 'dirty' protein and salt may be far worse than excess raw protein. Of course the extend is individually different.
How do you do it, like how often do you eat , etc,
When im not working, I can do it by eating just whole fruits and salads (and some animal food, of course). But when im working (as a 'running waiter'), I burn so many calories (over 5000) and have no time to eat, so that I have to rely on OJ with oil and sugar added (i take sips every 10-15 minutes)
However, when im off, most of the time im too lazy to eat so much whole fruits, and I mostly prefer to sip from the OJ as well. I love to eat my cucumber-tomato-avocado-OO-vinegar-chives (plus little sugar) salad every single day though.
Mr. PC

Enough Protein

Post by Mr. PC »

I was wondering if I'm getting enough protein; according to the nutrient calculator I get about 32 grams, and 58 is recomended b the FDA for someone my age (22) but who is 160lbs. I'm 6 feet, possibly a little taller, but I weigh 120lbs.

I don't put too much weight into the FDA of course but I'm trying to heal from a 3 year old repetitive strain injury so I imagine getting enough protein would be very important, but I find it hard to get enough protein on this diet.

Would it be better to occasionally eat dirty protein than not get enough? Would Amino acids be the solution? Are there specific Amino Acids which would help the uptake of raw-egg protein?

Also, I eat whole eggs, because my family doesn't like waste, and I figure I'm getting more protein than the calculator is showing since it doesn't include whites.
Sometimes I'll eat two whole eggs than one separated yolk, because I get a little scared about biotin deficiency.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I wouldn't worry too much about the recommendations, but if I look at my diet I'm getting 27gr protein on egg days (4 yolks), and 41gr on fish days (~125gr). This still isn't enough to match the recommendation (63gr).
Important is whether you're able to sustain your muscle mass or not. All the amino acids are needed, and some are more scarce than others.

If you can't or don't want to eat more egg yolks, another protein source (aside from eggs, fish, meat(, fruit)) could be brazil nuts.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Enough Protein

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote: I find it hard to get enough protein on this diet.
Why dont you eat more egg yolks?
Or fish?
Also, I eat whole eggs, because my family doesn't like waste
Save up the egg whites and make them a nice 'healthy' fried eggs or omelet from egg-whites only.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Save up the egg whites and make them a nice 'healthy' fried eggs or omelet from egg-whites only.
haha that would be kindof mean; but they won't eat healthy (according to my beliefs) anyway, so maybe I should.

I figure if it's not good for you, eating it is a waste (I also generally will still eat the eggs after they've expired). On the other hand, is the Avidine or Ovomucoid in the whites sever enough that eating the whites sometimes will have a substantial negative effect; the protein quality in the whites is very good.

I do eat a couple of Brazil nuts every day, but I get pre-shelled nuts because shelling them is difficult (wrists). I've thought about getting an electric de-sheller but they're very expensive; although that would probly be ideal since the Brazil nuts would give me a lot of what I need.

Or maybe taking Methionine / Cystine liquid supplements (in order to complete ineffective protein chains.) Although again these are expensive.

Also I don't go grocery shopping a lot; I struggle with depression and often find it difficult to do things (I know, egg yolks. They really do help actually). When I do go I try to bulk up and just eat the food after it's gone a little bad, usually I don't get sick. Actually when I started the diet I began with 1 raw egg the first day and 2 the second, and they were really bad-condition eggs, haha. Strange that I worry and than do something stupid.

Anyways thanks for your replies; it really doesn't look like have have to worry about protein too much. Maybe I'm mis-interpreting junkie receptors as lack of protein.
summerwave

methionine supplements

Post by summerwave »

You would take (according to other posts on this board) both methionine and phenylalanine, in a proportion of roughly 2:1, to enhance the protein usability of what you eat.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Mr. PC,

Why would you feel the need to take individual amino acid supplements when you could just eat more fish or yolks?

I personally eat raw beef.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Well the fish is just expensive. I've recently been buying frozen fish, although I'm not sure how good/dangerous that is.

The eggs I try to eat a lot, but I go out a lot so I find it hard to get my eggs on those days. It would be really awkward to bring eggs with me, although it's usually fine to bring juice.

When I've missed one or two days of eggs, I've been been starting with just one egg because I'm scared more will make me sick. Same with a couple of time where eating bad eggs had given me diarrhea.

Is that true or do I not have to worry if my body has already been accustomed to eating raw eggyolk? Like if I'm up to 3 or 4 a day, than have two days of no eggs, can I start again on 4 again right away?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Well the fish is just expensive.
Amino acids are more expensive.
There is plenty of fish that you can buy that is not expensive at all.
I've recently been buying frozen fish, although I'm not sure how good/dangerous that is.
If the source is reliable, its not dangerous. Buy from a big retailer, so that there is lots of turn around.
the good thing about protein is that you only need to ingest them once a day. And there is always some time (like before you go to bed) to eat it.
When I've missed one or two days of eggs, I've been been starting with just one egg because I'm scared more will make me sick. Same with a couple of time where eating bad eggs had given me diarrhea.
You dont have to worry about that anymore, as your body has build up a good defense now. Now all you can get from bad eggs is diarrhea.
It takes weeks, if not months of not eating raw before your defense has weakened again.
if I'm up to 3 or 4 a day, than have two days of no eggs, can I start again on 4 again right away?
Absolutely.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Oscar wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about the recommendations, but if I look at my diet I'm getting 27gr protein on egg days (4 yolks), and 41gr on fish days (~125gr). This still isn't enough to match the recommendation (63gr).
Important is whether you're able to sustain your muscle mass or not. All the amino acids are needed, and some are more scarce than others.

If you can't or don't want to eat more egg yolks, another protein source (aside from eggs, fish, meat(, fruit)) could be brazil nuts.
Oscar are you sure your getting 41grams out of 125grams of fish?

Im eating 240g of Salmon per day which gives 50g protein...maybe too much for my acne...time will tell. Im trying to build mass and im looking at closer to 60g of protein per day total...below this seems only to maintain mass for me. Tho if your not trying to gain I would aim for 35grams totally. Which is what I might try myself one day soon.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hmm you're right, it's only 25gr...not sure how I got that 41gr. :?
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Thinking more about protein and reading here, I might have to take into account that either I want clear skin or muscle mass. I asked my girlfriend and shes seen me with clearer skin but hardly any mass and she has seen me with very high muscle mass and plenty of acne! She
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Wow, I'm glad about the eggs, thanks RRM. I've been getting more Brazil nuts recently too, since I've realized it's cheaper than eating out and they're easy to take with you.

I've also been eating frozen fish and not getting sick. Do you think it's OK to thaw the fish with boiling water from the kettle?

So now I guess my only issue is satisfying cravings. I have terrible pizza/chocolate/cheese cravings, but I guess that's a new topic.