Daily Protein Intake / Enough protein

About specific vitamines, minerals or fiber, for example
bcb0086
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Daily Protein Intake / Enough protein

Post by bcb0086 »

Hi, can you guys that are on the diet state your weight and how much fish/yolks/nuts your body needs a day personally. Thanks, i will follow up shortly.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

1.71m, 55kg - either 100-150gr fish or 4 egg yolks per day.
Last edited by Oscar on Fri 09 Feb 2007 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
bcb0086

Post by bcb0086 »

oh and height two, sorry
rischott

Post by rischott »

6'3" (192cm) and 175 (75-80kg) and I consume 1. 8 yolks/day 2. +/- 200 grams fish (salmon, oyster, abalone, fish egg) and 4 yolks.

I have no acne problem.
Wintran

Post by Wintran »

I'm a man at 183 cm and 68-70 kg.

I normally consume 6 egg yolks per day, sometimes 12 (6 x 2 at different times of the day) if I haven't eaten enough of other foods or have been very active, and sometimes none if I eat munch foods. I always consume my 6 yolks with a banana, and sometimes I feel I should eat less yolks in one setting to make me less full and ease the digestion so I don't feel as tired afterwards.

I eat too little fish, and would like to eat more but have a hard time finding quality raw fish. I've also had some troubles with the taste and finding a combination with other good foods to make it go down easier (sushi works great, but it contains rice).
Hannes
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

1.90 m; 84 kg (my last scale was malfunctioning; I though I was 80 kg)
I consume 133 gram fish or 133 gram egg yolk.
bcb0086

Post by bcb0086 »

Ok, here we go

I ve been on the strict diet straight for say half a year, I have severe acne, the diet eliminates like 80% of it, but the remainder is still not acceptable cause of the severity of it. The remaining water retention I would imagine is caused by mabye mental stress, definetly physcial stress on the body, especially when soreing the muscles and rebuilding.

So I have been on antibiotics for a month and a half and I'm almost clear, yay. I also use proactive, just the wash, nothing else, and coconut oil after.

So heres the problem,
when I first started i was getting enough carbs ofcourse and lost to much weight down to 130-5 , 5 11" hieght. Then I was eating like 4 yolks or 2-3 ounces fish and it was enough, atleast i think it was. So slowly i did physical stuff ang gained muscle and a little fat up to 163 lbs now. And that required mass amounts of fish and yolks. So now every day just to sustain my body with no sore muscles or anthing, i need to eat a whole pound of fish and 24 yolks in two meals to get rid of my hunger. I have no problem getting enough carbs from fruits/juices and keeping blood sugar stable, so this leaves me with some options either single or combined:

1. My body really needs all this protein/fat to sustain
2. You guys, (specifically RRM cause your at a good weight) are lying about your weight.
3. I have a parasite(s).

I really hope its number 3 ,which woundt be that suprising and taking antibiotics does increase the chances of this happening, so I'm going to see some profesional help asap and find out if I got some. Ok, i'll follow up shortly, i would appreciate if you guys could help me out, thanks.
avalon

Post by avalon »

bcb0086 wrote:
I have no problem getting enough carbs from fruits/juices and keeping blood sugar stable, so this leaves me with some options either single or combined:

1. My body really needs all this protein/fat to sustain
2. You guys, (specifically RRM cause your at a good weight) are lying about your weight.
3. I have a parasite(s).
I laughed out loud when I read #3, just because I hadn't expected it.

That's a lot of yolks and fish a day. When you say you're getting enough carbs, what do you mean? Have you used the nutrient calculator to figure how much protein you're getting with your current intake? There's the protein in the nuts and fruits as well. Before you started the Diet, what was your protein intake like then?
bcb0086

Post by bcb0086 »

With carbs I mean my intake hasn't increased when I weighed less on the diet, just distinguishing what my body is craving for so much. (protien)

So its about 70 grams just counting fish/yolks, and probably 20 with fruit, I dont eat nuts cause of acne, so 90 grams isnt a huge amount buts its quite significant thats for sure. I m sure I was eating this amount on a SAD eating animal food every meal but its too vague to try to compare.

Im probably overeacting with the parisites , I dont really have any bad symptoms, except I eat alot of animal foods, It just kinda seemed to me my body would be more resourcesful. Still Im gonna check anyway.
bcb0086

Post by bcb0086 »

By the way thats about the amount of protien for a active person my weight according to most reccomendations.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

bcb0086 wrote:I ve been on the strict diet straight for say half a year, I have severe acne, the diet eliminates like 80% of it,
Maybe you have not done everything right?
I know, its sounds harsh, but it may be the case. There are so many things you can do wrong. Thats why the forum is here; to help you when your progress is not as desired.
when I first started i was getting enough carbs ofcourse and lost to much weight down to 130-5 , 5 11" hieght.
You can perfectly get enough carbs, fat and protein, and yet loose muscles, because its very much about timing. If your meals were too big and not frequent enough, you lost muscles in between, while getting enough calories and protein in total.
This may also contribute to acne...
So slowly i did physical stuff ang gained muscle and a little fat up to 163 lbs now. And that required mass amounts of fish and yolks.
Thats your conclusion, but most likely, thats incorrect.
Gaining and keeping muscles is also very much about proper energy management. More than enough protein certainly doesnt help you with your acne (and retaining water).
so this leaves me with some options either single or combined:
It cannot be 1 or 2, so its probably number 4; sub-optimal energy management.
bcb0086

Post by bcb0086 »

Maybe you have not done everything right?
I know, its sounds harsh, but it may be the case. There are so many things you can do wrong. Thats why the forum is here; to help you when your progress is not as desired
Mabye so, but i'm not going to go another week thinking that and trying again, plus I don't want to be confined to the diet in order to keep my skin clear so antibiotics come in play.
You can perfectly get enough carbs, fat and protein, and yet loose muscles, because its very much about timing. If your meals were too big and not frequent enough, you lost muscles in between, while getting enough calories and protein in total.
This may also contribute to acne...
Yeah I didnt know how to do it thats why i lost but I learned and gained weight and its pretty easy now to do it except for eating alot of animal foods.

Thats your conclusion, but most likely, thats incorrect.
Gaining and keeping muscles is also very much about proper energy management. More than enough protein certainly doesnt help you with your acne (and retaining water).
Its very simple really, everyone knows on this diet your body tells you exactly what you need, if I need carbs, i will get a specific type of hunger for carbs and satisfy with fruits, if i need protien/animal nutrients , i will get a specific and very distinguised hunger for this , it doesnt want fruits,and it will not go away until i give it enough animal foods.
It cannot be 1 or 2, so its probably number 4; sub-optimal energy management.
Can you please explain why it can't be 1 or 2, and explain sub-optimal energy management.

Im sorry, but I was expecting a more detailed response.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

bcb0086 wrote:I don't want to be confined to the diet in order to keep my skin clear so antibiotics come in play.
Ok, thats clear.
Can you please explain why it can't be 1 or 2, and explain sub-optimal energy management.
1) We are not fundamentally different, and as others dont need that much protein (and fat) to sustain muscle volume, neither do you.
2) I know for myself that i didnt lie, and I have no reason to doubt the others, as I know its quite realistic what they state.
Sub-optimal energy management is the management of energy that does not perfectly suit maintaining and increasing muscle volume. to increase / maintain muscle volume, you need to eat very frequently, for example.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Isn't muscle volume (e.g. size) a genetic attribute in the first place? When I was into weight lifting I gained 60 pounds while my body fat only went up from 10 to 12%. I still wasn't as 'huge' as many of the other guys, but I was far stronger than any of them.
bcb0086

Post by bcb0086 »

Im assuming why my body is craving a large amount of animal food is because of need for protien, not fat, but the extra fat comes with it ofcourse.

To just get things straight, my body really is craving all that, i know this because at first I wouldnt eat a big amount straight, i would eat a small amount and wait, either be satisfied for 15 minutes or not at all, then eat another portion, and so on until I end up spending a whole day just to eat a meal of animal food so im not over eating on it.

So anyway what your saying is if I eat more frequently/less amount (and how often/amount exactly, i know yours is pretty fequent/small) , my body would crave less animal foods??? At the moment I dont do that I usually eat fruit/juices every two hours, but keeps my blood sugar fine.
I really don't see why this would make a difference scienetificlly.