liver is only reliable source of copper?

About specific vitamines, minerals or fiber, for example
johndela1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

liver is only reliable source of copper?

Post by johndela1 »

I just read an article.
http://www.westonaprice.org/causticcomm ... 002wi.html

It says plant forms of copper are hard to assimilate and the only reliable source of copper is liver.

Is this true? Any one here eat liver? It doesn't appleal to me raw, but I could see myself swallowing a few pieces once or twice a week. I've always read that animals in the wild go for liver over meat, I don't know how true this is. My dog prefers meat over liver. Actually it takes some coaxing to get her to eat liver. (raw of course)
avo

Post by avo »

Liver is delicious raw. I used to have it with 1-2 yolks and some salt. I got it from an upstate NY farmer, who raised all his animals organically.

I want to start again with liver on Wai, but I need to find a good source first.
avalon

Post by avalon »

avo wrote:
I want to start again with liver on Wai, but I need to find a good source first.
Someone you know, perhaps? With a nice Chianti 8)
RRM
Administrator

Re: liver is only reliable source of copper?

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:It says plant forms of copper are hard to assimilate and the only reliable source of copper is liver.
If that would be true, many people would be dying from copper deficiency, as copper is essential. Including me.
So, no, its nonsense.
Yes, some copper is more readily ingested than other, but the body knows perfectly well how to absorb what it needs.
My dog prefers meat over liver. Actually it takes some coaxing to get her to eat liver. (raw of course)
Listen to your dog.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

avalon wrote:avo wrote:
Someone you know, perhaps? With a nice Chianti 8)

What about the fava beans
avalon

Post by avalon »

LOL! I knew something was missing. Do fava beans go with raw liver? :oops:
avalon

Post by avalon »

Here's another Price page on Liver.

http://www.westonaprice.org/foodfeatures/liver.html

When I eat it, the first piece is fresh raw, but then I freeze about three or four other cut slices. There's something about cooked liver that to me is just the worst! Maybe being forced to eat it cooked as a kid. Raw liver, though not, candy, is fine. maybe because it's not all hard and dried out by the heat. Raw, it sort of melts in you mouth :D I haven't tried raw chicken livers yet, though they may be the easiest to get hormone and antibiotic free. Hmm I'm salivating :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Are you having an old friend for dinner? ;)